Ian Moody suspended and replaced by rookie!!

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:19 am

First topic message reminder :

Malkys man is out on his ass - not sure what to make of all this!

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cardiff-city-boss-malky-mackays-6158805

Doesn't seem to be a day that goes by without some sort of drama!

TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:43 pm

.....or a tit analyst.....Ian Moody suspended and replaced by rookie!! - Page 4 3392635135 
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostRhys Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:45 pm

Red614 wrote:Does this make me an antitanist?
Indeed it does Ian Moody suspended and replaced by rookie!! - Page 4 1525230823 

Ian Moody suspended and replaced by rookie!! - Page 4 Anti-tanningbed

Say no to tan beds!
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostRhys Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:45 pm

TDA wrote:.....or a tit analyst.....Ian Moody suspended and replaced by rookie!! - Page 4 3392635135 
Ian Moody suspended and replaced by rookie!! - Page 4 692773407

I'm not going to put a picture on for that one though Ian Moody suspended and replaced by rookie!! - Page 4 635981802 
G-ster
G-ster
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 5923
Posting Flair : 460

PostG-ster Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:02 pm

TDA wrote:Filip Kiss...on loan/trial for a season, then signed for £500,000.  Immediately dumped into the reserves.

Etien Velikonja.....close to £2m.  Obviously not up to the job.

Kevin McNaughton....new one year contract, then immediately loaned out.

John Brayford......£1.6m........but apparently either not up to standard or other problem.

Andreas Cornelius......£8m.....unproven youngster, who may yet turn out to be an injury liability.  That situation is being talked down.

Let's throw in the wage bill for these guys and also the club's inability to land primary transfer targets during the summer.

I have always said that Tan could not be happy with the way that some of his money has been spent,  so there may be more to this than the convenient conspiracy theory that is being kicked around.

Tony Fernandes at QPR (also Malaysian) has publically criticised his club for the way his money was used...........just a coincidence........Ian Moody suspended and replaced by rookie!! - Page 4 4228682415
That's certainly a more level-headed and valid appraisal than some of the conspiracy theories doing the rounds.
I've no issue with the suspension/replacement for genuine reasons, and let's not forget that UK Employment Law is fairly strict on grounds for dismissal.

The replacement (albeit interim) concerns me though, especially when even Joe Kinnear is more qualified for the role!
NN2Red2
NN2Red2
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1617
Posting Flair : 80

PostNN2Red2 Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:23 pm

TDA wrote:...exactly.....a good media story.  Let's give Tan some leeway and presume he does know what he is doing.  If it turns out otherwise, then fair enough, crucify the bloke.  At the moment, all we have is a story in a second rate newspaper....not exactly renowned for in depth and analytical research.......
Alas Radio Five Live now have this as a lead story; the way the story is presented make us sound like ................... well, fill in the gap.
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostRhys Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:25 pm

NN2Red2 wrote:
TDA wrote:...exactly.....a good media story.  Let's give Tan some leeway and presume he does know what he is doing.  If it turns out otherwise, then fair enough, crucify the bloke.  At the moment, all we have is a story in a second rate newspaper....not exactly renowned for in depth and analytical research.......
Alas Radio Five Live now have this as a lead story; the way the story is presented make us sound like ................... well, fill in the gap.
It was only a matter of time - let's hope the club comes out with a statement and starts to mop this mess up quickly.
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostRhys Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:59 pm

This just gets worse - it turns out, according to some articles doing the rounds that our new head of recruitement started at the club as intern within the stadium maintainence team - painting walls etc and spent him time watching city games on his laptop.

So much for the qualified, but unknown, executive theory.
davewebber65
davewebber65
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 11984
Posting Flair : 290

Postdavewebber65 Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:23 am

for heavens sake grow-up and stop listening to tittle-tattle doing the rounds.
The Tonker
The Tonker
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 9488
Posting Flair : 1360

PostThe Tonker Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:39 am

I think Dave reckons there aren't enough exclamation marks in the title of this topic....
jamesbarnett39
jamesbarnett39
Academy Player
User Points : 98
Posting Flair : 10
http://www.james-barnett.co.uk

Postjamesbarnett39 Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:39 am

Red614 wrote:Come on now James, to call the replacing of one member of staff worse than a rebrand of the entire face of the club is silly. To call the club changing their home kit colour for the first time since 1908 purely a materialistic change is pretty damn insulting in my opinion regardless of how you feel on the issue.
Not at all. To me the club is the core - the football players, the staff, the ethos, the fans, etc.

Kits come and go as do badges. We've changed plenty of times our design and badge. We've kept blue a feature for over a century yes but to me that is just external stuff to appeal to a wider audience. Its the stuff you see in the papers, the logo, identifier etc. Its not the actual clubs core foundations.

Whilst I appreciate that others may feel differently, thats how I see it. Its the same with religion for me although I am not a religious follower. To me a religion isn't the name of Islam or a logo but the beliefs, the scripts, the teachings, the way of life. I didn't follow Cardiff City FC because of what they wore or how they looked, I followed because of that sense of belonging along with others who felt the same way, the players who gave their all, the spirit of the club etc.

To me that means a lot more than a kit or badge so yes Tan, if true, meddling in team affairs hiring some painter to act in place of Moody is an absolute joke. Its tampering with the core foundations of our football club. The very thing that helps keeping it tick and whilst managers come and go and their staff come and go with them more often than not, they still are very important pieces to the make up of the club. They are replaceable pieces but when you have someone replacing a very important piece with something substandard more often than not the building collapses.

Thats not a risk I want to take with Cardiff City FC and I think others should think about it carefully. The rebrand was akin to painting the house. Replacing Moody with this actor is akin to taking out a few important bricks in the bottom row and replacing them with broken lego pieces. Keep doing that and sooner or later the whole thing will come crumbling down.

The problem is red, I don't see this as one member of staff. I see this as a core part of Malky's team and the squad because of the ethos and how much he faith he places on it and has done within interviews. Everyone has different views on the situation and I respect that. For some, even this wont be enough for them to want Tan gone but to me its ridiculous. I appreciate what he's done financially for the club in saving us although a lot of that is still debt, however, in other areas he is significantly lacking.
SteWells
SteWells
Team Captain
Team Captain
User Points : 1655
Posting Flair : 100

PostSteWells Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:03 am

I don't know what to think to be honest.

On the surface, it seems ridiculous.
Why would Tan suddenly decide to get rid of someone who is, apparently, a key member of the staff? Has he been caught doing something he shouldn't? Could the club say anything if he has? Has the person appointed as replacement got any experience, qualifications, or ability to do the job? Will he the permanent successor?..... so many questions.

As has been said, Tan is a very astute businessman. He knows that to make money from a football club, the club has to be successful. So he must think that this is best for the club? He wouldn't appoint his son’s mate just to make his son happy, would he?

I think I’ll try to remain neutral until a few actual facts start emerging, but I have to say, it doesn't look good.
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 21200
Posting Flair : 1110

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:26 am

Well in business you can't comment on disciplinary cases until they have been completed. Therefore the club cannot state reasons for Moody's suspension until any investigation or whatever else is going on has been completed.

If I'm honest, the role of Head of Recruitment could be undertaken by someone without football experience because you could simply be managing a team of people and holding them to account for their results, namely the performance of players they have recruited for the club. Perhaps Tan wants the 'Head Of' to be a businessman whilst the actual scouts are football men, and a behind the scenes issue has given him the opportunity to change things.
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostRhys Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:38 am

Slumdog's Son™ wrote:Well in business you can't comment on disciplinary cases until they have been completed. Therefore the club cannot state reasons for Moody's suspension until any investigation or whatever else is going on has been completed.

If I'm honest, the role of Head of Recruitment could be undertaken by someone without football experience because you could simply be managing a team of people and holding them to account for their results, namely the performance of players they have recruited for the club. Perhaps Tan wants the 'Head Of' to be a businessman whilst the actual scouts are football men, and a behind the scenes issue has given him the opportunity to change things.
True - but this doesn't resolve the undermining of the best manager that we have ever had. At least in our lifetime slum.

Also the fact has emerged that only as recently as the summer was the new guy an intern on stadium maintenance team - painting walls etc.

If Tan appointed one of his top executives from Berjaya group or something I would understand a bit more.

Whichever we all spin it....what a mess.
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 21200
Posting Flair : 1110

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:41 am

Well if Moody has breached his contract/policy/club guidelines etc then Tan is completely within his right to suspend Moody.

If one of my close friends and colleagues was suspended for misconduct I would be shocked and upset but it doesn't mean my employer is out of line
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostRhys Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:51 am

Slumdog's Son™ wrote:Well if Moody has breached his contract/policy/club guidelines etc then Tan is completely within his right to suspend Moody.

If one of my close friends and colleagues was suspended for misconduct I would be shocked and upset but it doesn't mean my employer is out of line
...and of course he would have to have been for the suspension to comply with employment law I would imagine?

But, as it has been said elsewhere, his replacement is the problem here I think. Something is a bit iffy about this whole thing, almost like Tan had been grooming his replacement for the last few weeks - the head of recruitment should at least know something about football surely?

Shouldn't we strive and aim to employ the most experienced and qualified candidates, through a vigorous interview process, filling vital roles within our club? Rather people than Tan knows and trusts?
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum