Ian Moody suspended and replaced by rookie!!

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:19 am

First topic message reminder :

Malkys man is out on his ass - not sure what to make of all this!

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cardiff-city-boss-malky-mackays-6158805

Doesn't seem to be a day that goes by without some sort of drama!

Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:06 am

Grrrr!!!

Just getting more annoyed, the more this sinks in.
Kate
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1754
Posting Flair : 220

PostKate Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:31 am

This worries me alot.
And now made me feel so much more nervous about any Premier/Scottish management vacancies. Will this be the final straw for Malky too.
I really hope not.
jamesbarnett39
jamesbarnett39
Academy Player
User Points : 98
Posting Flair : 10
http://www.james-barnett.co.uk

Postjamesbarnett39 Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:54 pm

Tan out. This is 10 times worse than the rebrand. The kit colour and badge are materialistic elements that are external, to be seen by those around the world.

The players/coaching staff/etc are internal and part of the clubs true core and Tan should not be messing with that. You may own the deeds to the house but if you haven't got a clue what you're doing its best to not mess with the foundations. Tan is, it seems, doing that.

Whether this is a move to get himself more involved or to show who's boss in relation to the bonus issue I do not know. What I do know is it screams dictator/control freak from every angle you look at it.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:25 pm

Come on now James, to call the replacing of one member of staff worse than a rebrand of the entire face of the club is silly. To call the club changing their home kit colour for the first time since 1908 purely a materialistic change is pretty damn insulting in my opinion regardless of how you feel on the issue.

What it does do though is present evidence than Tan lied (again) when he said he wouldn't get involved in footballing matters. We don't know why Moody was suspended, and it could be very justified, but to immediately replace him with one of Tans own cronies instead of look for someone with premier league calibre is unexcusable.

Without sounding racist, we're a club ran by a Malaysian owner who is slowly converting the entire back room staff into an Asian dictatorship. Is there going to be anything welsh left about the club soon?
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:36 pm

Filip Kiss...on loan/trial for a season, then signed for £500,000.  Immediately dumped into the reserves.

Etien Velikonja.....close to £2m.  Obviously not up to the job.

Kevin McNaughton....new one year contract, then immediately loaned out.

John Brayford......£1.6m........but apparently either not up to standard or other problem.

Andreas Cornelius......£8m.....unproven youngster, who may yet turn out to be an injury liability.  That situation is being talked down.

Let's throw in the wage bill for these guys and also the club's inability to land primary transfer targets during the summer.

I have always said that Tan could not be happy with the way that some of his money has been spent,  so there may be more to this than the convenient conspiracy theory that is being kicked around.

Tony Fernandes at QPR (also Malaysian) has publically criticised his club for the way his money was used...........just a coincidence........Ian Moody suspended and replaced by rookie!! - Page 2 4228682415
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:37 pm

Malky has become a bookies favourite to walk. Odds slashed from the 40's to 7/1 overnight according to twitter.

I reacted quite calmly to this last night, I don't really know why. But suspending Malky's right hand man and replacing him with your sons friend as I said is interfering with footballing matters, and for me most definetely the final straw. Tan needs to go before he destroys the club entirely. Every single time things seem to get better he sticks his nose in again.
We're an investment to him , nothing more nothing less.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:39 pm

TDA wrote:Filip Kiss...on loan/trial for a season, then signed for £500,000.  Immediately dumped into the reserves.

John Brayford......£1.6m........but apparently either not up to standard or other problem.

Andreas Cornelius......£8m.....unproven youngster, who may yet turn out to be an injury liability.  That situation is being talked down.

Let's throw in the wage bill for these guys and also the club's inability to land primary transfer targets during the summer.

I have always said that Tan could not be happy with the way that some of his money has been spent,  so there may be more to this than the convenient conspiracy theory that is being kicked around.

Tony Fernandes at QPR (also Malaysian) has publically criticised his club for the way his money was used...........just a coincidence........Ian Moody suspended and replaced by rookie!! - Page 2 4228682415
We don't know why moody was suspended, very true. I think the frustration is more with his replacement, yet another cronie from Tans boardroom. To be honest I wouldn't be half surprised at this point if Malky walks and is replaced by another man from his boardroom with no experience.
davewebber65
davewebber65
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 11984
Posting Flair : 290

Postdavewebber65 Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:41 pm

TDA wrote:Filip Kiss...on loan/trial for a season, then signed for £500,000.  Immediately dumped into the reserves.

lets wait and see
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:54 pm

Red614 wrote:

We don't know why moody was suspended, very true. I think the frustration is more with his replacement, yet another cronie from Tans boardroom. To be honest I wouldn't be half surprised at this point if Malky walks and is replaced by another man from his boardroom with no experience.
I agree that the replacement issue is another matter, but the word "interim" is being used.  There is b*gger all transfer activity at the moment anyway.

I am more concerned with why it was necessary for Tan to need to intervene.  His is facing a massive loss of revenue if City fail to stay in the PL and the investment he has already made would be devalued greatly, so his primary objective will be to safeguard that.

We have to recognise that Tan is an astute, successful businessman, who surrounds himself with loyal and trusted staff, wo know what they are doing.  I am certain this is a temporary situation and Tan is just making a point.

It's just a pity that Gus Poyet has already taken the Sunderland job.......
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:02 pm

There's always transfer activity going on, especially with Malky's techniques. Right now they'll be tracking players that they're looking at approaching in January or maybe even next summer. Malky said himself he was watching Medel for two years, Brayford 18 months , etc.

Tan is an astute businessman, but one that genuinely knows absolutely nothing about football. He's made an off the cuff decision which while unproven seems strongly linked to the argument with the bonuses, and if it leads potentially to Malky walking then all our good work thus far and over the summer could fall apart at our feet.

We need to cut our losses now, and get rid of Tan before the club falls apart over our heads.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:07 pm

Just re-read the WalesOnline story and have to say that I don't see any great drama here. The guy has been at City for 8 months and obviously is not the "tea-boy" that is being touted and I presume is a capable and intelligent young man.

Given that execs tend to move seamlesslessly from one area of business to another (and football is just another business), then putting him in place temporarily makes a degree of sense.

As I said above, Tan needs to safeguard his investment....and there may be a question of loyalty if there was a leak involved. If so, Malky can have no complaints............
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:10 pm

Red614 wrote:There's always transfer activity going on, especially with Malky's techniques. Right now they'll be tracking players that they're looking at approaching in January or maybe even next summer. Malky said himself he was watching Medel for two years, Brayford 18 months , etc.

Tan is an astute businessman, but one that genuinely knows absolutely nothing about football. He's made an off the cuff decision which while unproven seems strongly linked to the argument with the bonuses, and if it leads potentially to Malky walking then all our good work thus far and over the summer could fall apart at our feet.

We need to cut our losses now, and get rid of Tan before the club falls apart over our heads.
I'd rather keep Tan than Malky. He's done an okay job with the team, but Tan has rescued the club from financial oblivion. Who would be prepared to replace Tan........Sam the Sham perhaps?
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:12 pm

Has he though? I hate to be that guy , but is there ANY evidence we're debt free? Tan has paid off the debts using other debts that he then promises to turn into equity. And Tans promises mean squat right now.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:15 pm

Brayford and Velcro were two players reportedly tracked for some time. On the face of it, they hardly look like a good investment of time and money. You can't afford to have too many duds when you are claiming to operate a dossier approach.

Also, on that basis, surely more deals should have been closed out.
davewebber65
davewebber65
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 11984
Posting Flair : 290

Postdavewebber65 Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:18 pm

as you say red we don't know why he has been suspended, could be work related or unrelated. we also don't know why this guy has been selected. is he in an acting capacity or permanent one.

got the feeling that there is more to this story than meets the eye. also it does seem bit of a coincidence that it comes on the back of the supposed dressing room row
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum