View previous topic View next topic Go down

Blueminati
Blueminati
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 622
Posting Flair : 50

PostBlueminati Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:05 am

£9m on Cornelius who again doesn't contribute. Doesn't even make the bench today which speaks volumes. So thats 2 people in charge, both Malky and the assistant manager, who don't think he's much use.

That £9m could have been spent on a bunch of experienced substitutes to see out these types of games. Our players after 75 minutes were puffing their lungs out yet couldn't press so pressure kept coming on us with even more directness.

We bring on subs but they're useless. We're taking off an international quality player like Medel for Aron Gunnarsson who i believe is a Championship midfielder at best. We're taking off a striker in Fraizer Campbell for Maynard who just didn't press like Fraizer did and we take off Mutch, albeit injured, for Cowie who if I had my way would be sweeping floors in the changing rooms at Newport County. He's another Championship player at best in all seriousness.

Last year when going for the title we had players of Championship quality with experience who could see out games in Connolly and Smith etc. We used that to bring them on and ensure we kept ourselves ahead. Why didn't Malky and Moody buy the same bargain basement deals but at a higher level to ensure we see out games like this and pick up vital points?

Now we're left with a threadbare squad that is just not at the level. Thank Vincent Tan in abundance because without splashing out some serious cash in January we'd definitely be getting relegated. No squad depth at all because Malky and Moody wasted millions of Tan's cash on gambles rather than buying proven experienced players who may be older but can get the job done - i.e. your John O'Shea's and so on.

How you can take off Mutch, playing class and pundits tipping him for an England place, for Cowie or bring off Medel, a world cup quality international player who's been noted for his performances against Messi and Iniesta for a player like Gunnarsson i just don't know.

Its like taking a wheel off your car and putting on a hula hoop and expecting the same driving quality and comfort. Its insane.

Come on Ole, please save us from this mess and become a Cardiff hero. Before anyone says 'you can't expect anything from this game' I didn't. I was hoping and we almost made it but the simple fact is stupid errors of the previous regime hurt us today. I truly can't wait for the new one to get underway and for OGS, if he becomes manager, to imprint his ways on the club.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:11 am

Medel has had the flu and I think was starting to struggle and I thought Maynard did well when he came on, as did Gunnarsson!

As you say, £25m spent now strengthening will help us see out games better.
Cyncoedslumdog
Cyncoedslumdog
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 14106
Posting Flair : 1465

PostCyncoedslumdog Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:14 am

Corny was on the bench today but apart from that, I agree with just about everything you say.
Moving on, the BBC reporter just said he has heard that Solskjaer will be given A LOT of money to spend.
Blueminati
Blueminati
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

PostBlueminati Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:19 am

Cyncoedslumdog wrote:Corny was on the bench today but apart from that, I agree with just about everything you say.
Moving on, the BBC reporter just said he has heard that Solskjaer will be given A LOT of money to spend.

Fair enough. I assumed he wasn't on the bench because he wasn't brought on. Didn't look at the bench myself before, during or after the game. I just know regardless of who is on it its lacking depth at any level.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:20 am

Exciting times are arriving soon, I believe!

The only pity is that the change of manager should have been made last summer...........better late than never!
Blueminati
Blueminati
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

PostBlueminati Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:23 am

TDA wrote:Exciting times are arriving soon, I believe!  

The only pity is that the change of manager should have been made last summer...........better late than never!

Im not sure. I think Malky deserved a shot and deserved his chance but he blew it and thats down to him and his team. If I was a WBA fan now I'd be worried because he is terrible at spending and you can't gamble £10m's on players in the PL or you will go down. Others like QPR gambled on foreign talents and they didn't gel or fit in or were not good enough. That hurt them. We'd have been better off signing older experienced players who are 27-30 years old and have played in the PL to come off the bench and see out these types of games.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:28 am

Agreed, Malky's limitations were clear to see 12 months ago and you can't afford sentiment where £90m per annum tv money is at stake.......
steve.western.52
steve.western.52
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 709

Poststeve.western.52 Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:50 pm

It will be interesting to see who gets sold and shown the door as well as the new players coming in
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 21200
Posting Flair : 1110

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:36 pm

You can see the way OGS plays from looking at who we are reportedly interested in signing. I have read he likes attacking possession football and we have been linked with Daehli and Ravel Morrison so we may see a very different way of playing when compared to the Malky era (although OGS used a 4-2-3-1 most of the time with Molde, so possibly no change there).
steve.western.52
steve.western.52
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 709

Poststeve.western.52 Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:41 pm

Its interesting as how quickly the mood has changed in particular towards VT and MM the more time has passed....VT could come out of this very well indeed
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum