View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cyncoedslumdog
Cyncoedslumdog
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 14106
Posting Flair : 1465

PostCyncoedslumdog Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:20 pm

Aaron Ramsey has been replaced in the squad for tomorrow's Panama game by 33 year old Andrew Crofts of Scunthorpe United.
What is the point of bringing back a player past his best (which was never that great) for a friendly? why I don't know
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:43 pm

I suppose that tomorrow is a game for the youngsters, but bench warmers are needed.  That said, what is the point of throwing the young players in without our best midfield player being there? Is Ramsey injured?
*** G L O V E S ***
*** G L O V E S ***
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 8492
Posting Flair : 721
http://danlewis92.weebly.com/

Post*** G L O V E S *** Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:20 pm

TDA wrote:I suppose that tomorrow is a game for the youngsters, but bench warmers are needed.  That said, what is the point of throwing the young players in without our best midfield player being there?  Is Ramsey injured?

Unclear, but the FAW did say he was never going to play against Panama anyway. Crofts call-up is bizarre.
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:57 pm

Some Arsenal tinkering behind the scenes methinks.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:13 pm

Crofts didn't let anyone down when he came on and had one really good shot that their goalie actually had to save. A lot of new faces and a few decent looking Championship players in the 22 - 25 age bracket, who would be a welcome addition to the squad.

Taylor seems to be going backwards in his effectiveness and gave the ball away too much for my liking. There is a real opportunity for Declan John to kick on in Scotland and stake a claim to the LB position.

Cyncoedslumdog
Cyncoedslumdog
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 14106
Posting Flair : 1465

PostCyncoedslumdog Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:10 pm

We urgently need a centre back and a striker. Ashley is now just about past it and Vokes offers virtually nothing up front ( his penalty was awful as well). If Bale ever gets fit again, I think he's the obvious choice for the 9 shirt.
A new cb would also release Davies to play left back instead of Taylor.
*** G L O V E S ***
*** G L O V E S ***
National Legend
National Legend

Post*** G L O V E S *** Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:11 pm

TDA wrote:Crofts didn't let anyone down when he came on and had one really good shot that their goalie actually had to save.  A lot of new faces and a few decent looking Championship players in the 22 - 25 age bracket, who would be a welcome addition to the squad.

Taylor seems to be going backwards in his effectiveness and gave the ball away too much for my liking.  There is a real opportunity for Declan John to kick on in Scotland and stake a claim to the LB position.

I thought John may have been called up with this second game in mind. Crofts did perform well but absolutely no idea how he is anywhere near that squad - he can't even get into Scunthorpe's starting line-up!
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:35 pm

Cyncoedslumdog wrote:We urgently need a centre back and a striker. Ashley is now just about past it and Vokes offers virtually nothing up front ( his penalty was awful as well). If Bale ever gets fit again, I think he's the obvious choice for the 9 shirt.
A new cb would also release Davies to play left back instead of Taylor.

I agree on all counts. I did think that Tom Lockyer looked solid enough at the back when he came on and may be worth persisting with.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:15 am

*** G L O V E S *** wrote:
TDA wrote:Crofts didn't let anyone down when he came on and had one really good shot that their goalie actually had to save.  A lot of new faces and a few decent looking Championship players in the 22 - 25 age bracket, who would be a welcome addition to the squad.

Taylor seems to be going backwards in his effectiveness and gave the ball away too much for my liking.  There is a real opportunity for Declan John to kick on in Scotland and stake a claim to the LB position.

I thought John may have been called up with this second game in mind. Crofts did perform well but absolutely no idea how he is anywhere near that squad - he can't even get into Scunthorpe's starting line-up!

Declan John wasn't even in Rangers' squad for the game yesterday v Hamilton, even though he has been starting. Perhaps he is injured?
*** G L O V E S ***
*** G L O V E S ***
National Legend
National Legend

Post*** G L O V E S *** Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:33 pm

TDA wrote:
*** G L O V E S *** wrote:

Declan John wasn't even in Rangers' squad for the game yesterday v Hamilton, even though he has been starting.  Perhaps he is injured?

Must be the case. And the scoreline reflected his absence Wink
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum