TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Sat May 14, 2016 5:17 am

First topic message reminder :

Rumours, speculation, opinions welcomed here....... **Official Cardiff City Summer Transfer Window Thread** - Page 2 692773407

As expected, there is interest in Bruno Manga from the PL. I would be quite happy to sell him and free up cash to strengthen elsewhere. I don't think he has been the same player this year in any event, but he has had some really shaky games away from home.

If he's fit, I'd rather give Ben Turner a new contract, as he has been immense for the club ever since he joined. On the other hand, Manga has made it clear from the off that he wants PL football and if Cardiff is only a springboard to that, then so be it.

With a fit Turner, we will still have three very good CBs, plus young backups that the club will hopefully look to develop under a new regime.

*** G L O V E S ***
*** G L O V E S ***
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 8492
Posting Flair : 721
http://danlewis92.weebly.com/

Post*** G L O V E S *** Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:25 pm

I'm reading little into any transfer links while Trollope is away on international duty. Expect things to start happening in a couple of weeks.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:56 pm

Benitez has said that transfer dealings are impossible until after the Euros, but deals will have to be done sharpish in order to prepare a settled squad for the start of the season.
Junction 48
Junction 48
Academy Player
User Points : 38
Posting Flair : 0

PostJunction 48 Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:25 am

I have'nt heared any rumors, but I do hope Trollope signs a true leader to captain us.
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:27 am

Yeah...

I've always held the view that a GK can't be a captain, he's just too far away from the action.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:28 am

Rhys wrote:Yeah...

I've always held the view that a GK can't be a captain, he's just too far away from the action.

I can see Gunnarsson getting the job.
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:32 am

TDA wrote:

I hope not...I just think he lacks the overall quality to demand a first team place every week personally, despite the heroics this summer.

I would love to see a dominant centre back come in, perhaps in the mold of Ashley Williams or even Mark Hudson...our current lot don't have that x-factor
Messi
Messi
Squad Player
Squad Player
User Points : 178
Posting Flair : 0

PostMessi Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:33 am

TDA wrote:

Gunnarsson is the captain of the Iceland as well, if I remember rigth?
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:38 am

Rhys wrote:
TDA wrote:

I hope not...I just think he lacks the overall quality to demand a first team place every week personally, despite the heroics this summer.

I would love to see a dominant centre back come in, perhaps in the mold of Ashley Williams or even Mark Hudson...our current lot don't have that x-factor

That's always been the argument against Gunnarsson, but, looking at the signings so far, I don't know where City would find a dominant mid-fielder who could also handle the captaincy.

Maybe Lex Immers is an outside bet for the job?
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:06 pm

Jazz Richards signing confirmed with Malone going the other way to Fulham. Linky on Beeb website.

Promising, I think, as hopefully Trollope will know how to get the best out of Jazzy Jeff.
*** G L O V E S ***
*** G L O V E S ***
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 8492
Posting Flair : 721
http://danlewis92.weebly.com/

Post*** G L O V E S *** Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:45 am

Arkay Dubya wrote:Jazz Richards signing confirmed with Malone going the other way to Fulham. Linky on Beeb website.

Promising, I think, as hopefully Trollope will know how to get the best out of Jazzy Jeff.

Also confirms, surely, that we'll be going with five at the back next season (or three, depending on which way you see it)
Cyncoedslumdog
Cyncoedslumdog
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 14106
Posting Flair : 1465

PostCyncoedslumdog Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:02 pm

Rhys wrote:
TDA wrote:

I think centre back is one of the positions that don't need strengthening. If we're playing three at the back, it would be hard to find three better than Manga, Connolly, and Morrison in this division. I think Peltier can provide back up as he's definitely not a wing back and there's Ajayi as well.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:44 pm

Here's a strange one.....Tony Watt, Charlton to Hearts on loan.

Slade very much wanted to keep him at City in Jan, but the transfer embargo scuppered that.  Can't imagine that an ambitious Slade would want to part with him just now.

Looks like a systematic culling of the Charlton squad for life in League 1, with Gudmundsson and Pope to Burnley.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:22 pm

George Williams being mentioned as a possible City target this morning. Again, he would be a good and popular signing. Bags of potential, has worked with Trollope with Wales and knows the system that the coach wants to play.

You know, this is actually quite encouraging after the recent dark times.

**Official Cardiff City Summer Transfer Window Thread** - Page 2 1525230823

TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:32 am

Still nothing much happening regarding new signings, but Dikgacoi looks to be on way to South Africa. Hopefully Le Fondre and Macheda will be off the wage bill soon as well.

Also speculation today that Gunnarsson may be bound for either Norwich or Derby.  I can't see him playing much part in Trollope's preferred midfield system, but he deserves to be playing first team football somewhere.

I am guessing that there would be a decent fee for Gunnarsson, and if Fabio goes as well, there should be a reasonable transfer kitty available to round off our squad.
Cleve van Leef
Captain of Country
Captain of Country
User Points : 6741
Posting Flair : 180

PostCleve van Leef Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:47 am

Looks like Fabio to Borough is a done deal.
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum