Happy Days
Happy Days
Team Captain
Team Captain
User Points : 2657
Posting Flair : 260

PostHappy Days Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:14 am

First topic message reminder :

At the end of last season when I first heard about the re-brand I was shocked and pissed off, but after some thought and given what the option seemed to be at the time (red or dead), that annoyance turned to ambivalence and pragmatism and then a begrudging acceptance.

That begrudging acceptance has worn thinner and thinner as the season has gone on. Firstly it was the sight of people actually wearing the red merchandise. I had really hoped, against hope I suppose, that at very least the fans that continued to attend games would go along with it all but refuse to buy the red stuff. That in itself would have sent the message that we don't want it.
Then the blue away shirt disappearing from the club shop for months, then the team not wearing blue against Blackpool, the behind the scenes business in the boardroom and now you've got the very cynical scarf business.

The whole of the football league is taking the piss out of us and it's hard to argue with them really isn't it, and it all just so, so unnecessary.

I've been posting on here albeit not prolifically from the start, and I was under the impression that most on here were "Begrudging" or "Reluctant Reds", but recently it seems as though nobody actually cares less and some seem to be revelling in the disappointment, dismay, anger that genuine Cardiff City fans feel towards what has happened, which is sad because you all seem like a decent bunch of chaps.

I just feel a bit of a hypocrite posting on here, so I'm knocking it on the head. All the best lads and Happy Days.

NN2Red2
NN2Red2
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1617
Posting Flair : 80

PostNN2Red2 Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:16 am

Happy Days wrote:At the end of last season when I first heard about the re-brand I was shocked and pissed off, but after some thought and given what the option seemed to be at the time (red or dead), that annoyance turned to ambivalence and pragmatism and then a begrudging acceptance.

That begrudging acceptance has worn thinner and thinner as the season has gone on. Firstly it was the sight of people actually wearing the red merchandise. I had really hoped, against hope I suppose, that at very least the fans that continued to attend games would go along with it all but refuse to buy the red stuff. That in itself would have sent the message that we don't want it.
Then the blue away shirt disappearing from the club shop for months, then the team not wearing blue against Blackpool, the behind the scenes business in the boardroom and now you've got the very cynical scarf business.

The whole of the football league is taking the piss out of us and it's hard to argue with them really isn't it, and it all just so, so unnecessary.

I've been posting on here albeit not prolifically from the start, and I was under the impression that most on here were "Begrudging" or "Reluctant Reds", but recently it seems as though nobody actually cares less and some seem to be revelling in the disappointment, dismay, anger that genuine Cardiff City fans feel towards what has happened, which is sad because you all seem like a decent bunch of chaps.

I just feel a bit of a hypocrite posting on here, so I'm knocking it on the head. All the best lads and Happy Days.

It is true that, at best, I'm ambivalent to the shirt colour change and the badge change for that matter, even though the kindest description is "Beer Mat."
It's probably because when I started going to NP "Club Colours" were a nice blue and white bobble hat and scarf (thanks Gran!). I've never bought or wore a club shirt for myself though I bought a couple for my lads.
I have had a real difficulty understanding what all the fuss is about (maybe it is because I can envisage a time and place where blue shirts can return and if the fans want to keep the Bluebird alive they can as it is a concept of the mind) , however, though I still post elsewhere, I grew increasingly irritated having to wade through post after post raising "Re-branding" issues, sometimes within threads about something else, which never went anywhere and in my mind were the views of a vociferous, even if significant minority.
Had the "KCB" Tendency set up their own mb to organise their right to protest I might have even joined. But all they have seemed to want to do is take out their frustration on everybody else.
There would have been the risk of exposing themselves as the small group I believe them to be.

"The whole of the football league is taking the piss out of us and it's hard to argue with them really isn't it, and it all just so, so unnecessary. "

Yeah! Right! " Ha Ha Ha! Your eight points clear with a game in hand - How embarrassing is that!!!"

When you've supported the City for a long time you learn to appreciate that, ultimately, it's performances on the pitch that count; the rest is a world that supporters create for themselves. For me it's always been a few beers with my mates, a good shout at the match, a few more beers then look forward to the next game. As I was alive when City were last in the top flight, it would be nice to see them there again.

Shirt Colours take a low priority.

No need to feel like a hypocrite; it's your freedom to post where you like! Those who don't like the "Rebrand" should post here.

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum