Happy Days
Happy Days
Team Captain
Team Captain
User Points : 2657
Posting Flair : 260

PostHappy Days Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:14 am

First topic message reminder :

At the end of last season when I first heard about the re-brand I was shocked and pissed off, but after some thought and given what the option seemed to be at the time (red or dead), that annoyance turned to ambivalence and pragmatism and then a begrudging acceptance.

That begrudging acceptance has worn thinner and thinner as the season has gone on. Firstly it was the sight of people actually wearing the red merchandise. I had really hoped, against hope I suppose, that at very least the fans that continued to attend games would go along with it all but refuse to buy the red stuff. That in itself would have sent the message that we don't want it.
Then the blue away shirt disappearing from the club shop for months, then the team not wearing blue against Blackpool, the behind the scenes business in the boardroom and now you've got the very cynical scarf business.

The whole of the football league is taking the piss out of us and it's hard to argue with them really isn't it, and it all just so, so unnecessary.

I've been posting on here albeit not prolifically from the start, and I was under the impression that most on here were "Begrudging" or "Reluctant Reds", but recently it seems as though nobody actually cares less and some seem to be revelling in the disappointment, dismay, anger that genuine Cardiff City fans feel towards what has happened, which is sad because you all seem like a decent bunch of chaps.

I just feel a bit of a hypocrite posting on here, so I'm knocking it on the head. All the best lads and Happy Days.

TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:27 am

aging_harry wrote:I am also not so many years behind you in age Dave but i do agree 100% with what you have posted. I am proud to support CARDIFF CITY FC no matter what colour they play in.

My God, the "Grey Lobby" is out in force today! So long as we stick together, hopefully one of us will be able to remember what the original topic for discussion was, come tomorrow......... coat
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:45 am

TDA wrote:
aging_harry wrote:I am also not so many years behind you in age Dave but i do agree 100% with what you have posted. I am proud to support CARDIFF CITY FC no matter what colour they play in.

My God, the "Grey Lobby" is out in force today! So long as we stick together, hopefully one of us will be able to remember what the original topic for discussion was, come tomorrow......... coat

Goodbye - Page 2 692773407
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:04 am

I can't really add much to what has been said above to be honest, as the others say - it will definitely be sad to see you go and I would like to urge you to carry on posting here

Like everyone has said above, all views and thoughts are welcome on this forum. Although, by it's nature, most posters on here are those who have made peace with the rebrand and just want to get on with supporting the team - so you may not find many 'like minded' - but does that matter?

I'm sorry that you feel that way regarding the club too - you will always be welcome back - let's just hope it was a late night 'I'll text my ex after a couple of beers' type moment. Goodbye - Page 2 1525230823
Phil Blue/Red
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1550
Posting Flair : 130

PostPhil Blue/Red Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:12 am

G-ster wrote:I consider myself as a 'reluctant red', and have yet to see any reasoned argument for changing the shirt colour and badge. I am frankly embarrassed at some of the club's attempts at PR, and the free scarf issue is clearly a cynical ploy aimed at increasing the proliferation of red among fans at home games.

However, Cardiff City is my local team so I can't just walk away. My main concern is what happens on the field of play, and there is no doubt that the investment in the team has been successful. I hate the culture of 'professional fans' who claim to be superior because they have been to X number of games, etc. It's just escapism for me and a few pints with friends before and after.

The rebrand doesn't feature that strongly as a topic of conversation on this message board and is all the better for it. We've all moved on from that.

Sorry to see you go Happy Days, but I'm sure you will be welcomed back by us all if you have a change of heart.

My sentiments exactly. Well said Mr G-ster!
Cyncoedslumdog
Cyncoedslumdog
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 14106
Posting Flair : 1465

PostCyncoedslumdog Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:35 am

TDA wrote:

3-0. Could have been more if Tapscott had his shooting boots on.
Valley Trash
Valley Trash
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 19382
Posting Flair : 1933

PostValley Trash Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:41 am

Cyncoedslumdog wrote:
TDA wrote:

3-0. Could have been more if Tapscott had his shooting boots on.

Goodbye - Page 2 692773407 Goodbye - Page 2 692773407
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:59 am

What I really like about this place is that I meet so many new people here every day.......... coat

Last edited by TDA on Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:59 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I forget)
Cyncoedslumdog
Cyncoedslumdog
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 14106
Posting Flair : 1465

PostCyncoedslumdog Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:12 am

TDA wrote:What I really like about this place is that I meet so many new people here every day.......... coat

It appears to be more a case of you keep forgetting your coat.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:15 am

I still support that no fan on this site is a 'pro red', and even go as far as saying any that do see themselves in that group are most definetely in the wrong.

I will say this though - when you have KCB cretins calling us scum, plastics and a disgrace to football for sticking with our team, it becomes very difficult to support their point of view. We're football fans, we just want to watch football without getting victimised just because we are less bothered by a short colour.

Sorry to see you go Happy, long as you don't jump on the 'everyone that supports red is a plastic!' Bandwagon you're always welcome back Goodbye - Page 2 1525230823
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:23 am

Cyncoedslumdog wrote:
TDA wrote:What I really like about this place is that I meet so many new people here every day.......... coat

It appears to be more a case of you keep forgetting your coat.

Ha, ha, yes, I see........ coat
Judge dRed
Judge dRed
International Call-Up
International Call-Up
User Points : 2500
Posting Flair : 186

PostJudge dRed Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:10 am

When I was a child I prayed that one day we might make the top flight during my lifetime. I also wondered why teams in red usualy got the upper hand over us and wished we too could play in red. I didn't realise the significance of what I'd wished for but I'm one happy chappie as things stand now. The red and black look awesome. The opposing teams must think the same as they (nearly) all bow down before us. It's just the badge that needs fixing now and Ill die a happy man.

I always get what I wish for (it might take some time) so maybe this tre branding is all my fault Embarassed
Judge dRed
Judge dRed
International Call-Up
International Call-Up

PostJudge dRed Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:15 am

Red614 wrote:I still support that no fan on this site is a 'pro red', and even go as far as saying any that do see themselves in that group are most definetely in the wrong.

Don't read any of my posts in this thread Goodbye - Page 2 2854552383
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:21 am

Judge dRed wrote:
Red614 wrote:I still support that no fan on this site is a 'pro red', and even go as far as saying any that do see themselves in that group are most definetely in the wrong.

Judge, can you wish hard enough for Messi to sign next season please?
The Tonker
The Tonker
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 9488
Posting Flair : 1360

PostThe Tonker Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:26 am

Judge dRed wrote:When I was a child I prayed that one day we might make the top flight during my lifetime. I also wondered why teams in red usualy got the upper hand over us and wished we too could play in red. I didn't realise the significance of what I'd wished for but I'm one happy chappie as things stand now. The red and black look awesome. The opposing teams must think the same as they (nearly) all bow down before us. It's just the badge that needs fixing now and Ill die a happy man.

I always get what I wish for (it might take some time) so maybe this tre branding is all my fault Embarassed
Nice one, Judge, have some flair! I've always liked the blue, and would be happy for us to continue in blue. But I'm not bothered about the red, and I agree it does look awesome.

And I too have hoped to one day see us in the top flight. The chap I sit next to at CCS first saw the City in their last game in the old first division, and his dad told him not to worry, we'd soon be back up....he never thought he'd be waiting this long!
Goodbye - Page 2 1525230823
Judge dRed
Judge dRed
International Call-Up
International Call-Up

PostJudge dRed Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:30 am

Arkay v2.0 wrote:
Judge dRed wrote:

Judge, can you wish hard enough for Messi to sign next season please?

It doesn't quite work like that and some dreams can take longer to materialise. Best I could do is having him play for CCFC in my lifetime but I fear I don't have enough years left for that one Goodbye - Page 2 3392635135
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum