Caldi Blue
Caldi Blue
Captain of Country
Captain of Country
User Points : 3884
Posting Flair : 540

PostCaldi Blue Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:32 pm

Ridiculous.

Yes, there are lots of things to dislike about the modern game, but what type of football has there ever been apart from modern football?

1995, for example, was 17 years ago, but at the time it was modern football and I suspect a far cry from football 17 years before that in 1978, which, at the time, was also modern football.

Players cheating and play acting is probably worse than it's ever been, but let's face it, it's been around for years, I'm 28 and can remember players diving when I was a young child and I suspect it was around way before then, although admittedly to a lesser extent. Players wages are also grossly over inflated, this is universally agreed, but people forget about the good things. Grounds are now safer places to visit and hooliganism is slowly leaving our game, hopefully for good. Yes there will always be isolated incidents, but they can never be fully eradicated, just like there will always be ocassional incidents of racism, but it's just a reflection of society, there has always been and will always be scumbags around.

That's my take on it, I don't like Against Modern Football, who wants to become part of my new movement, Against Against Modern Football?
Valley Trash
Valley Trash
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 19382
Posting Flair : 1933

PostValley Trash Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:53 pm

Im already a member of Against Against Modern Basketball (AAMB)... but hell ya Im in...
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:37 am

I'm in - why not make a proper petition Caldi on one of those new petition sites - just to see what happens.
Caldi Blue
Caldi Blue
Captain of Country
Captain of Country

PostCaldi Blue Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:05 am

Rhys wrote:I'm in - why not make a proper petition Caldi on one of those new petition sites - just to see what happens.

I like it Rhys, another great idea by RBMB, we are the kings of innovation.
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:11 am

Spot on Caldi. Francis Lee was one of the worst divers in history. He was known for ankle tapping himself and convincing refs to give him a penalty, hence known as Lee Won Pen.

I believe there was something of a hoo-ha when Trevor Francis became the first million pound player too.

Racism and fighting was far, far worse in the 70s and 80s - remember when English teams couldn't compete in Europe because of this? I really do wish those kind of stiff penalties would come back into play to be honest, as it certainly helped clean up the domestic game here (for the most part).

And, yes, as long as there are human beings on the planet there will always be wankers.

Where do I sign?
The Tonker
The Tonker
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 9488
Posting Flair : 1360

PostThe Tonker Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:54 am

I certainly remember much talk of the first million pound player, but I would think it was nothing like the hoo-ha when the maximum wage was lifted back in the early 60s. There were also match-fixing scandals back then - Peter Swan of Sheffield Wednesday, I believe?

Just to be really, really clear, this movement could be called Pro Anti Anti Modern Pro Football
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:26 am

Absolutely right Tonker, clarity is what is needed here.

Our protest can be abbreviated to PAAMPF. I also think we should tackle FC Red Bull Salzburg predicament head on too as they have been very vocal on the Anti Pro Anti Anti Modern Pro Football front. Perhaps incorporating some German into our organisation name and showing we are liberal minded, European facing, equal opportunities campaign with no discrimination or overall final solution to offer the debate.

So, how does "Mein PAAMPF" sound?
Valley Trash
Valley Trash
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 19382
Posting Flair : 1933

PostValley Trash Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:38 am

Arkay v2.0 wrote:Absolutely right Tonker, clarity is what is needed here.

Our protest can be abbreviated to PAAMPF. I also think we should tackle FC Red Bull Salzburg predicament head on too as they have been very vocal on the Anti Pro Anti Anti Modern Pro Football front. Perhaps incorporating some German into our organisation name and showing we are liberal minded, European facing, equal opportunities campaign with no discrimination or overall final solution to offer the debate.

So, how does "Mein PAAMPF" sound?

fUhREr
Caldi Blue
Caldi Blue
Captain of Country
Captain of Country

PostCaldi Blue Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:26 am

Haha, quality posting lads Against Modern Football 692773407 Against Modern Football 692773407 Against Modern Football 692773407 Against Modern Football 692773407
*** G L O V E S ***
*** G L O V E S ***
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 8492
Posting Flair : 721
http://danlewis92.weebly.com/

Post*** G L O V E S *** Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:16 am

I like modern football and riding my bike
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum