View previous topic View next topic Go down

TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:04 pm

Must be the longest period of time he has gone without a mention here......Peter Whittingham 3392635135 

I think if Malky can work where to play him in the PL, it will be like signing a new player. Certainly last season, the team didn't benefit from Whitt's magic, as in the past.

On his day, Whitts is a far more effective team player than Tom Ince and carries a similar goal threat.......come on Malky, get it right this time!!!
*** G L O V E S ***
*** G L O V E S ***
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 8492
Posting Flair : 721
http://danlewis92.weebly.com/

Post*** G L O V E S *** Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:41 pm

Well said, if Malky plays his cards right then what a bonus it would be to see Whittingham in top form - be like a new signing!
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 21200
Posting Flair : 1110

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:15 am

We've had the debate about him playing left wing, perhaps now Ince isn't signing this becomes more likely? I'm sure Malky wants a midfielder who can sit in front of the defence and if he gets one Whitts can play further forward
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:41 am

Slumdog's Son™ wrote:We've had the debate about him playing left wing, perhaps now Ince isn't signing this becomes more likely? I'm sure Malky wants a midfielder who can sit in front of the defence and if he gets one Whitts can play further forward

Scott Parker!
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:19 am

Slumdog's Son™ wrote:We've had the debate about him playing left wing, perhaps now Ince isn't signing this becomes more likely? I'm sure Malky wants a midfielder who can sit in front of the defence and if he gets one Whitts can play further forward

I'm pretty sure that's what Malky wanted in Wanyama. If there is a specific weakness in our squad it's that we have no established defensive midfielder, and Malky tried and failed to fill it with Whitts. If we still end up with someone like Wanyama, that will allow Whitts the creative freedom we all want him to have.

Simultaneously it also gives him nothing to hide behind. By the end of last season he was arguably our worst player albeit with valid excuses. Once those excuses are redundant then he has nothing to hide behind, and we have too much quality on our bench to be forgiving.
*** G L O V E S ***
*** G L O V E S ***
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 8492
Posting Flair : 721
http://danlewis92.weebly.com/

Post*** G L O V E S *** Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:30 am

Red614 wrote:

I'm pretty sure that's what Malky wanted in Wanyama. If there is a specific weakness in our squad it's that we have no established defensive midfielder, and Malky tried and failed to fill it with Whitts.  If we still end up with someone like Wanyama, that will allow Whitts the creative freedom we all want him to have.

Simultaneously it also gives him nothing to hide behind. By the end of last season he was arguably our worst player albeit with valid excuses. Once those excuses are redundant then he has nothing to hide behind, and we have too much quality on our bench to be forgiving.

Gunnarsson was signed to play in that role, but he was far too good in an attacking sense to sit deep... ironically, much like Whittingham!
The Other Mr Bean
The Other Mr Bean
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 469
Posting Flair : 20

PostThe Other Mr Bean Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:07 pm

Peter Whittingham 3874419067 Peter Whittingham 3874419067 
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum