Delays the inevitable.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:52 am

Has anyone checked to see if the ref was a Barnsley fan? There's no justification first off for FIVE minutes of extra time but then also apparently throwing that out of the window and playing until the other team score. Sickening refereeing, and I for one would put in an official complaint that the match was ruined by the referree's bias.
Tans Tache
Tans Tache
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 22790
Posting Flair : 760

PostTans Tache Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:54 am

not gonna give us.the 3 pts tho red isit? absoloutly sick as a pig,
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:55 am

The score when it comes down to it is irrelevant, you can't let that go unpunished. Cliche, but if this happened to a team like Manchester United the press would react like rabid dogs.
Tans Tache
Tans Tache
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 22790
Posting Flair : 760

PostTans Tache Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:01 am

Red614 wrote:The score when it comes down to it is irrelevant, you can't let that go unpunished. Cliche, but if this happened to a team like Manchester United the press would react like rabid dogs.

that is true... but little old cardiff no1 gives a s**t about us... apart from if our fans kick off etc (chelsea for example) WHEN we are eventually promoted i bet u we will have a tiny section in the english rags saying "BOTTLERS EVENTUALLY MAKE IT TO PREM LEAGUE"
Toast Boy
Toast Boy
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 7697
Posting Flair : 830

PostToast Boy Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:55 am

Red614 wrote:Has anyone checked to see if the ref was a Barnsley fan? There's no justification first off for FIVE minutes of extra time but then also apparently throwing that out of the window and playing until the other team score. Sickening refereeing, and I for one would put in an official complaint that the match was ruined by the referree's bias.

Whether is should have been 5 minutes is one thing but injury time happened at the same time McNaughton got injured. It was plainly obvious that the 5 minutes were not going to start until play resumed and they scored within that time.

I am not annoyed at the ref for how long he played i am annoyed with our team for the way they abandoned any idea of playing football and keeping possession to just play random aimless balls upfield with no intent of trying to move out of defense. When they did win a corner with still a good 3 to 4 minutes left to play they sent no one up and just tried to waste time - lost possession and ended up under pressure again.

We didn't get what we deserved for the 90 minutes but we got exactly what we deserved for the way we ended the game.
G-ster
G-ster
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 5923
Posting Flair : 460

PostG-ster Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:11 am

The aforementioned corner was indeed a feckin shambles.
Lost an opportunity to keep the pressure on them; gave them a throw in and wasted no time at all in the end.
Why sit so deep and give them the impetus?
Aaaaarrrgggghhh!
Cyncoedslumdog
Cyncoedslumdog
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 14106
Posting Flair : 1465

PostCyncoedslumdog Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:18 am

There's a definite consensus here - see my comments on the I Could Cry thread.
The Tonker
The Tonker
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 9488
Posting Flair : 1360

PostThe Tonker Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:23 am

Toast Boy wrote:
Red614 wrote:Has anyone checked to see if the ref was a Barnsley fan? There's no justification first off for FIVE minutes of extra time but then also apparently throwing that out of the window and playing until the other team score. Sickening refereeing, and I for one would put in an official complaint that the match was ruined by the referree's bias.

Whether is should have been 5 minutes is one thing but injury time happened at the same time McNaughton got injured. It was plainly obvious that the 5 minutes were not going to start until play resumed and they scored within that time.

I am not annoyed at the ref for how long he played i am annoyed with our team for the way they abandoned any idea of playing football and keeping possession to just play random aimless balls upfield with no intent of trying to move out of defense. When they did win a corner with still a good 3 to 4 minutes left to play they sent no one up and just tried to waste time - lost possession and ended up under pressure again.

We didn't get what we deserved for the 90 minutes but we got exactly what we deserved for the way we ended the game.
Barnsley - jammy baskets.. 3874419067
Spot on, Toastie. We've no-one to blame but ourselves. But as Gloves said, it only delays the inevitable.
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum