View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:09 pm

As ever the epitome of graciousness in defeat, they've reacted very badly to our win. We got accused of anti-football, of diving, pretty much everything in the book. Be nice to them though, it must be lonely being a Barnsley fan, no one to talk to but an empty seat.

I've got to say though, I fear they are right about one thing. It's been niggling me for a while but I've either decided to ignore it or just not wanted to say anything, but it reared its head severely against Borough and apparently once more against Barnsley.

We do seem to be time wasting. Once we get ahead anytime one of the team gets taken out they seem to spend five minutes on the floor but then jump up as if nothing has happened. Whittingham seemed really badly hurt against Borough, but then didn't as much as limp once the rest of the match. Likewise while our defence were clattered several times against Borough, they also seemed to milk it a fair share every chance they got. I feel like a judas saying this, but I agree we are bending the rules with this 'get ahead but then seem to want to slow play down as much as possible' tactics that have emerged.

Has anyone else seen this or shall I just get my coat?
Valley Trash
Valley Trash
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 19382
Posting Flair : 1933

PostValley Trash Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:19 pm

It's on the peg behind the door Ah Barnsley fans.... 692773407

I think all teams are guilty of unprofessional behaviour to one degree or another... It's possibly more pronounced in City players as we find it particularly easy to concede right now.... I have notice that Marshall has a keener interest in gardening this season as he has been very particular regarding the size/ shape of his goal kick divot Ah Barnsley fans.... 692773407
Kamuza
Kamuza
International Call-Up
International Call-Up
User Points : 4084
Posting Flair : 832

PostKamuza Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:36 am

I'm going to say we have learned the importance of energy conservation Ah Barnsley fans.... 1525230823
I don't think we are that bad. We haven't adopted the practice of player one collecting the ball for a throw in then deciding player two can take it, before player three meanders his way over to actually lob the ball back into play or some of the other tactics we've seen over the years at NP and the CCS. Jones' teams could have been accused of being a little naive and we seemed susceptible to late goals during his tenure. Good on Malky for making us more professional- it's not as if everyone else doesn't do exactly the same thing.
Toast Boy
Toast Boy
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 7697
Posting Flair : 830

PostToast Boy Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:11 am

Valley Trash wrote:It's on the peg behind the door Ah Barnsley fans.... 692773407

I think all teams are guilty of unprofessional behaviour to one degree or another... It's possibly more pronounced in City players as we find it particularly easy to concede right now.... I have notice that Marshall has a keener interest in gardening this season as he has been very particular regarding the size/ shape of his goal kick divot Ah Barnsley fans.... 692773407

Not that it stopped him kicking the ball right at Malky on the halfway line in the last home game Ah Barnsley fans.... 2854552383
Valley Trash
Valley Trash
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 19382
Posting Flair : 1933

PostValley Trash Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:16 am

Toast Boy wrote:
Valley Trash wrote:It's on the peg behind the door Ah Barnsley fans.... 692773407

Not that it stopped him kicking the ball right at Malky on the halfway line in the last home game Ah Barnsley fans.... 2854552383

Ah Barnsley fans.... 692773407 Yeh it was a Malky seeking missile... Perhaps we should take more time as a crowd in repatriating Marshall's row Z specials
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:03 am

To be fair, I think every team that is ahead in the championship with 8-10 mins left of a game use this tactical ploy...

It's not against the rules at all, but I absolutely hate being on the receiving end of such tactics.

Last edited by Rhys on Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
thewelshfella
thewelshfella
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 7013
Posting Flair : 200

Postthewelshfella Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:28 am

Rhys wrote:To be fair, I think every team that is ahead in the championship with 8-10 mins left of a game use this tactical ploy...

It's not against the rules at all, but I absolutely being on the receiving end of such tactics.

Ah Barnsley fans.... 3874419067

The amount of times Ive left a game and we have drop points in the last few minutes becaust DJ didnt make a sub to run down the clock down or tell the players to slow the game down is unreal.

Good job Malky Ah Barnsley fans.... 1525230823 If you cant beat them honestly, join them! Ah Barnsley fans.... 635981802
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum