Postthewelshfella Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:07 am

Cyncoedslumdog
Cyncoedslumdog
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 14106
Posting Flair : 1465

PostCyncoedslumdog Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:26 am

thewelshfella wrote:IMO Malky and the lads have more than enough to get us up over the next 8 games.

When we get to the prem Malky must change his tactics or we will be straight back down.
Just been speaking to a journo mate who covered us yesterday for a national paper.
He felt we were much classier until we scored and then didn't seem to be interested
in adding to it. When we needed to chase the game he said he was shocked that our only options seemed to be hoof it long or hope for a Gunnar throw in.
In line with the above, he said we'll be stuffed if we use those tactics in the Premier.
Caer y Glyn
Caer y Glyn
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1927
Posting Flair : 70

PostCaer y Glyn Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:36 am

Cyncoedslumdog wrote:
thewelshfella wrote:IMO Malky and the lads have more than enough to get us up over the next 8 games.

When we get to the prem Malky must change his tactics or we will be straight back down.
Just been speaking to a journo mate who covered us yesterday for a national paper.
He felt we were much classier until we scored and then didn't seem to be interested
in adding to it. When we needed to chase the game he said he was shocked that our only options seemed to be hoof it long or hope for a Gunnar throw in.
In line with the above, he said we'll be stuffed if we use those tactics in the Premier.

We might not get there with those tactics!
G-ster
G-ster
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 5923
Posting Flair : 460

PostG-ster Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:47 am

Cyncoedslumdog wrote:He now needs to shake things up a bit and leave out some of his favourites such as Smith & Helguson. Whitts has also done nothing for months. The side is crying out for some flair yet players like Noone and particularly Kim are not appearing. Mutch is another and, as a regular development squad watcher, I don't understand why Velcro isn't on the bench when we are desperate for goals.
We look desperately uninspiring and changes are needed.

This subject has been running for a while now.
The recent selections are geared towards avoiding defeat rather than taking the game to the opposition.
Blackburn have some decent players who could punish another negative mindset on Monday.
Malky blames the referee - Page 2 2925389657
Valley Trash
Valley Trash
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 19382
Posting Flair : 1933

PostValley Trash Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:37 am

I'm on a serious downer since yesterday... Agree with everything that's been said... We've been lucky rather than good.. I'd always reconciled this season as case of the ends justifying the means... I hoped Malky had a long game and that whilst I never understood his tactical or strategic selection policy, it appeared to work.... On Friday the Championship gift wrapped promotion for us.... On Saturday we only had to tie the bow Malky blames the referee - Page 2 2925389657

It's now a case of chicken... Does he continue with what he's done all season and keep his fingers crossed behind his back..... or does he roll the dice with the talent he has on the bench or in the development squad... I wonder what Malky the stubborn old stoat wil do.... I wonder....
Caer y Glyn
Caer y Glyn
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1927
Posting Flair : 70

PostCaer y Glyn Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:51 am

I know that I want to see him ring the changes but I doubt we will see anything but the most cosmetic of changes - I fear the die is cast.

Now if he were to give Kim a chance, Mutch maybe, Kadeem off the bench and Velcro too??? Mason to start....

Just can't see it happening sorry.
davewebber65
davewebber65
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 11984
Posting Flair : 290

Postdavewebber65 Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:43 am

thewelshfella wrote:IMO Malky and the lads have more than enough to get us up over the next 8 games. When we get to the prem Malky must change his tactics or we will be straight back down.
heavens! hope he is fired if we go up
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:54 am

Just watched the highlights back and Cowie's penalty appeared to be justified. The frustrating thing was that the lad he tackled had his back to the goal and was running with the ball out of the box. Cowie didn't need to tackle him and only did so because of pride. The second pen was a bit harsh.

As people have said elsewhere, the game should have been out of sight aside from the pens. The fact that the highlights were only 2 mins long says it all about how many opportunities we created.
Toast Boy
Toast Boy
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 7697
Posting Flair : 830

PostToast Boy Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:00 am

Rhys wrote:Just watched the highlights back and Cowie's penalty appeared to be justified. The frustrating thing was that the lad he tackled had his back to the goal and was running with the ball out of the box. Cowie didn't need to tackle him and only did so because of pride. The second pen was a bit harsh.

As people have said elsewhere, the game should have been out of sight aside from the pens. The fact that the highlights were only 2 mins long says it all about how many opportunities we created.

This is what's annoying me Rhys. After the Brighton loss i was fine because i thought we played well and created lots of chances and were just unlucky. We seem to have been dire ever since Wolves though and don't even seem to be able to create chances and outplay teams sitting in the relegation zone. That is just not good enough.
G-ster
G-ster
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 5923
Posting Flair : 460

PostG-ster Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:06 am

Rhys wrote:Just watched the highlights back and Cowie's penalty appeared to be justified. The frustrating thing was that the lad he tackled had his back to the goal and was running with the ball out of the box. Cowie didn't need to tackle him and only did so because of pride. The second pen was a bit harsh.

Both penalties were down to poor decisions by Cowie and Connolly.
Totally unnecessary in my view.
davewebber65
davewebber65
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 11984
Posting Flair : 290

Postdavewebber65 Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:12 pm

barnetts body-check should also have been penalised
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum