Formation this season!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

thehumblegringo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 678
Posting Flair : 120

Postthehumblegringo Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:56 pm

I know a lot of fans would prefer us play 4-4-2 (especially at home) but i think,looking at our squad that 4-5-1 / 4-3-3 is our best option this season. I think Gunnarsson, Whitts, Mutch will definitely start the season as malkys first choice midfield with bellamy and kim out wide. I think helguson will start up front unless we sign another striker.
That leaves mason, velikonja, cowie, ralls, kiss, conway (whose has an excellent pre-season), mcphail, harris and a few youngsters coming thru like o'sullivan and wharton all fighting it out to push into the first team!
When you think of the lack of options last year, our squad is looking incredibly balanced (if we can add 2/3 defenders before 31st.

Surely Velikonja and Mason will get a lot of game time this year which makes me think that we will be flexible this year and every starting eleven will be chosen depending on who we're playing.

How do you think malky will play bellamy? I've watched a few friendly matches and the wide men have tucked in, but surely Bellamy will br used to give us genuine width.
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:21 pm

I think if we're losing at half time, Malky will let Bellamy do the team talk armed with a golf club.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:21 am

Agreed completely Gringo. Against Newcastle Whitts, Gunnarrson and Mutch showed how dominating they can be and it would be criminal to leave any of them out. If Gunnarrson continues to e so impressive in attack I'd shift him forward into an attacking midfield role to aid our attack in posession, leaving Muth and Whitts to dictate play with long balls or passes out to the wings.

I'd start Helguson as he suits those tactic the best, and Id make Mason the backup starter. I'd play Velikonja as a substitute for the last half hour or so of the game if we are yet to break through, Helguson should at the very least tire out the centre backs so Velikonja's pace could then punish them.

Bellamy, I would play out wide effectively as a forward. Both him and Kim are goal scorers as opposed to straight wingers, so if the play builds up on the right I'd like to see Bellamy enter the box to provide an option, and likewise with Kim if it goes left.

Our defence, if it doesn't change, id keep as a flat back four. Our fullbacks aren't renowned ball players so I'd keep them within their strengths and hopefully park the bus.
thehumblegringo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 678
Posting Flair : 120

Postthehumblegringo Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:35 am

Red614 these are exciting times mate. This is by far the best squad i've ever seen down the City. I wish all our fans would realise how lucky we are to be watching these players in front of 20k+ crowds week in week out. I'd say apart from maybe swansea, no club has come as far as we have in the last 15 years!
Perhaps it's swansea's success that stops us appreciating how far we've come!
G-ster
G-ster
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 5923
Posting Flair : 460

PostG-ster Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:10 am

It certainly seems as though the squad is geared towards 4-5-1 / 4-3-3.
I think another forward and a defender will be brought in before the end of August.

No loans either please, unless it's for the entire season.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:34 am

G-ster wrote:

No loans either please, unless it's for the entire season.

Formation this season! 3874419067
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum