View previous topic View next topic Go down

•••••••™
•••••••™
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 6591
Posting Flair : 303

Post•••••••™ Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:20 pm

Sam Hammam telephoned me last night and he said "Hello, is that Dave?", and I said "No, I'm terribly sorry, I think you've got the wrong number."

Naturally enough, we discussed various aspects of him calling the wrong number. I am not prepared to repeat what either of us said during what was a private conversation, except to say that Sam's mood could be considered particularly jovial considering he had just dialled the wrong number, and he clearly wasn't pursuing any malice with the call.

What I am prepared to reveal is what Sam said in relation to how he came to dial the wrong number, he had pressed the wrong button on his phone. I introduced the subject of quick-dial into the conversation, and asked if it was fair to say that this would solve the problem for him. He chuckled and said that, if anything, he has gone backwards in recent weeks regarding the use of technology, and he would definitely think about it. He sounded fairly relaxed about the situation but gave no indications that a solution is imminent.

Make of that what you will.
The Tonker
The Tonker
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 9488
Posting Flair : 1360

PostThe Tonker Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:24 pm

Dave who?
•••••••™
•••••••™
Club Legend
Club Legend

Post•••••••™ Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:25 pm

The Tonker wrote:Dave who?

Dunno, it was the wrong number.
The Tonker
The Tonker
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 9488
Posting Flair : 1360

PostThe Tonker Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:28 pm

Sounds like a scam to me. Are you sure he didn't reverse the charges from a premium call number and siphon several million out of your bank account?
•••••••™
•••••••™
Club Legend
Club Legend

Post•••••••™ Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:36 pm

The Tonker wrote:Sounds like a scam to me. Are you sure he didn't reverse the charges from a premium call number and siphon several million out of your bank account?

Yeah, he seems to be making a lot of calls to people in the Cardiff area lately, so the chances of dialling the wrong number must be pretty high.
JB
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 8171
Posting Flair : 320

PostJB Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:39 pm

100% guaranteed that he reversed the charges.

Sam Hammam Telephoned Me Last Night 692773407
jaffa1
jaffa1
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 228
Posting Flair : 10

Postjaffa1 Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:21 pm

•••••••™️ wrote:
Sam Hammam telephoned me last night and he said "Hello, is that Dave?", and I said "No, I'm terribly sorry, I think you've got the wrong number."

Naturally enough, we discussed various aspects of him calling the wrong number. I am not prepared to repeat what either of us said during what was a private conversation, except to say that Sam's mood could be considered particularly jovial considering he had just dialled the wrong number, and he clearly wasn't pursuing any malice with the call.

What I am prepared to reveal is what Sam said in relation to how he came to dial the wrong number, he had pressed the wrong button on his phone. I introduced the subject of quick-dial into the conversation, and asked if it was fair to say that this would solve the problem for him. He chuckled and said that, if anything, he has gone backwards in recent weeks regarding the use of technology, and he would definitely think about it. He sounded fairly relaxed about the situation but gave no indications that a solution is imminent.

Very good Sir....very good
Officer Crabtree
Officer Crabtree
Team Captain
Team Captain
User Points : 1306
Posting Flair : 124

PostOfficer Crabtree Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:29 pm

•••••••™ wrote:

How long did you allow the phone to ring so it didn't look like you were sat by the phone hoping he'd ring?
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:16 pm

RedIsTheWay wrote:100% guaranteed that he reversed the charges.

TH63
TH63
Squad Player
Squad Player
User Points : 146
Posting Flair : 50

PostTH63 Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:21 pm

Who hung up first?
Matty P
Matty P
Squad Player
Squad Player
User Points : 123
Posting Flair : 40

PostMatty P Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:38 pm

Struggling to understand why he posted it to be honest - it's not new news and no one considers anything Sam filters through to fans to be anything near the truth.

Hope this mess all ends pretty swiftly!
Goodnight
Goodnight
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 560
Posting Flair : 40

PostGoodnight Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:32 pm

Matty P wrote:Struggling to understand why he posted it to be honest - it's not new news and no one considers anything Sam filters through to fans to be anything near the truth.

Hope this mess all ends pretty swiftly!

He was played a treat.

I guess he posted it for the same reason that Carl and Annis do, it massages the ego?

Nothing against TLG I used to enjoy his contributions but it's clear he has his own agenda and hasn't he been pushing it hard
wolfybluebird
wolfybluebird
Academy Player
User Points : 83
Posting Flair : 30

Postwolfybluebird Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:53 pm

•••••••™️ wrote:

That really is very clever, made me chuckle Sam Hammam Telephoned Me Last Night 2294057153 Sam Hammam Telephoned Me Last Night 3640184800
G-ster
G-ster
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 5923
Posting Flair : 460

PostG-ster Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:02 pm

•••••••™ wrote:

Colonel Cardiffi
Colonel Cardiffi
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 10721
Posting Flair : 1193
https://social-media-posting.com

PostColonel Cardiffi Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:03 pm

•••••••™️ wrote:

Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum