Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:16 am

First topic message reminder :

Stan Collymore is a man I respect most of the time. Knows what he is talking about football wise and comes up with some great conversation points (should the champions league only comprise of it's participating nations champions is a good one). But in the last hour he's starting wildly retweeting fans that are against modern football, claiming that they only ever watch league 1 and league 2 football because the rest is too manafactures. I have many problems with this -

1. I still think 18 year olds trying to tell me how the modern football game is so much worse than I was in the 80's and 90's is idiotic.

2. I bet they all have Sky Sports contracts that allow them to watch games from across the world. Didn't have that twenty years ago.

3.I bet they've all used an iPhone app to check a football score too, when twenty years ago your only option would be radio or a newspaper.

Honestly this is just a ranting post really. Some parts of modern football aren't great, I completely agree, but this 'against modern football' campaign is a load of rubbish put together by individuals with superiority complexes that want to use every opportunity they can to prove they're better football fans than anyone else.

Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 21200
Posting Flair : 1110

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:40 am

Slumdog's Son™️ wrote:Anyone remember Jose Dominguez? Arguably the greatest diver of all time

This was him in his Tottenham away kit. The hammer was optional. Nike boots have a come a long way since 1999 'Against Modern Football' - Page 2 635981802 'Against Modern Football' - Page 2 Deep_sea_diver

Last edited by Slumdog's Son™ on Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:19 am; edited 1 time in total
The Lad
The Lad
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1275
Posting Flair : 100

PostThe Lad Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:17 am

Utterly cringeworthy. Sure there are some awful aspects of modern football culture (Sky, Twitter) but on the whole it's better than it's ever been. The majority of people spouting "AMF!" have seen nothing but modern football and lap it up.
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum