Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:37 am

HTC unveils two Windows Phone 8 handsets _62990803_lime

HTC unveils two Windows Phone 8 handsets _62991935_blueeee

HTC has unveiled two Windows Phone 8 handsets at an event in New York.

The firm has said that it intends to promote the 8X, which features a 4.3" (10.9cm) display, as its flagship device alongside the Android-powered One X.

The firm is also offering a smaller 8S model with a 4" (10.2cm) screen.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-19650606

Personally, I finding the windows phone's really schec-she...

Well happy with my windows 7.5 phone, but might look to the windows 8 phones next time round.
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:40 am

well this went well.

Trash, can I use your forum-ender smiley?
Valley Trash
Valley Trash
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 19382
Posting Flair : 1933

PostValley Trash Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:23 am

'Feckin hell this was rubbish'™ Rhys man you're going to have include the smilie cos I can't remember where I found it and when I put in what I thought was the Google search I found an Arch Bishop of Canterbury surprising Keith Chegwin GIF
Tans Tache
Tans Tache
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 22790
Posting Flair : 760

PostTans Tache Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:19 pm

i like HTC - atm i have a htc wildfire s - cheaper than an iphone and u can pretty much do whatever an iphone does... i'd def be looking to upgrade to one of them...
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:59 pm

I've had my HTC Desire desire now for two and a half years. It's outlasted it's contract and I have no intention, or desire (!), to change - it is still a top quality phone. Easliy the best, and most reliable, phone I have ever owned and once it was rooted it the possibility for modding is near endless.

Can't recommend them enough.
Tans Tache
Tans Tache
National Legend
National Legend

PostTans Tache Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:15 pm

Arkay v2.0 wrote:I've had my HTC Desire desire now for two and a half years. It's outlasted it's contract and I have no intention, or desire (!), to change - it is still a top quality phone. Easliy the best, and most reliable, phone I have ever owned and once it was rooted it the possibility for modding is near endless.

Can't recommend them enough.

u mentioned rooting ya phone a pal of mine said i should do it to my htc... dunno what it is though? what r the pro's cons etc
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:37 pm

It basically gives you total control over your phone. You can get rid/add any app you want with no limitations (a fair few of the HTC shipped apps, are pants to be fair and worse you can't get rid of them any other way). You can change the memory allocation to make room for more apps. You can upgrade to higher versions of Android, completely change the UI (there are ones out there that even make it look like an iPhone) and overhaul all the graphics and appearance of the phone. It does feel like getting a new phone after you've finished fiddling around.

The main reason I did it was because of the small memory space for apps on the Desire - it was driving me nuts after a while. I was considering upgrading so thought that I had nothing to lose, now I've done it I'm not going to bother getting a new phone until I have to. I have now have more space for apps than I know what to do with - which is great!

Rooting it can be a long process but if you've got any computer nous you should be able to follow the instructions. Plus, the guys on the Android Forums are super helpful if you ever get stuck. Have a look in the rooting section in the Android Forums and see if it's something you want to try. You're guaranteed to make mistakes along the way but those guys will sort you out and if you want to make the most out of your phone, then I'd recommend it. The worst that can happen is that you will brick your phone and make it entirely unusable - this is pretty hard to do though even for a noob.
Tans Tache
Tans Tache
National Legend
National Legend

PostTans Tache Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:00 pm

cheers i look into it HTC unveils two Windows Phone 8 handsets 833362651
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum