TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:45 pm

First topic message reminder :

Don't when Ipswich became the "Tractor Boys". Their nickname was always the Blues or something like that.... **Official Match Day Thread - City v Ipswich** - Page 2 4228682415

Anyway, all the play for and given that City still can't put two decent performances back to back, we are due a poor one. Best display of the season against Leeds midweek, but the result was a bitter blow.

0 - 1 Ipswich.

*** G L O V E S ***
*** G L O V E S ***
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 8492
Posting Flair : 721
http://danlewis92.weebly.com/

Post*** G L O V E S *** Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:26 am

TDA wrote:
*** G L O V E S *** wrote:
Red614 wrote:This isn't a slight on anyone here, but I'm still baffled to this day why so many wanted Malky gone after he won the freaking league title. I mean seriously, it boggles the mind.

If Tan does indeed learn from his mistakes - HE SHOULD STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM THR SQUAD.

Glad somebody else said this! Letting him go was the biggest mistake we could have made.

Can't agree with that at all.

Malky was a disaster in the transfer market at that level.  He didn't have the experience or reputation to attract the right sort of player.  Furthermore, his tactics at PL level were incredibly naive.  

Remember the game away at Norwich when we were subjected to a PL record number of attempts at goal?  The team was always going to run out of steam having been under constant bombardment all season.  When the change of manager finally did happen, it was too late and the wrong man!

Horses for courses always...........and Malky should have been out pulling a milk cart the day after we were promoted, not preparing to line up in the Epsom Derby.

The four stand-out signings - off the top of my head - that summer were Medel, Mutch, Caulker and Cornelius.

Medel was a big success up until the final two months of the season, while Mutch and Caulker had mixed campaigns but certainly were not bad signings. Cornelius, obviously, was.

Looking back at the results I'm confident we would have stayed up under Malky. We had all the sides around us to play at home and, more importantly, a clear game plan. It wasn't pretty but we would have survived in what was a poor Premier League.
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:33 am

I thought Malky was great in the Championship - sure, we didn't blow teams away but we were very, very hard to beat and that counts for something. Even Jose builds his teams like that. He was the master of his own undoing at Premiership level though and was clearly out of his depth when it came to gauging the right values for players.

Interesting to see this article crop up as we talk about him and provides a bit more insight on the "text message scandal"...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35815634
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:32 am

TDA wrote:
Red614 wrote:This isn't a slight on anyone here, but I'm still baffled to this day why so many wanted Malky gone after he won the freaking league title. I mean seriously, it boggles the mind.

If Tan does indeed learn from his mistakes - HE SHOULD STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM THR SQUAD.

Glad somebody else said this! Letting him go was the biggest mistake we could have made.

Can't agree with that at all.

Malky was a disaster in the transfer market at that level.  He didn't have the experience or reputation to attract the right sort of player.  Furthermore, his tactics at PL level were incredibly naive.  

Remember the game away at Norwich when we were subjected to a PL record number of attempts at goal?  The team was always going to run out of steam having been under constant bombardment all season.  When the change of manager finally did happen, it was too late and the wrong man!

Horses for courses always...........and Malky should have been out pulling a milk cart the day after we were promoted, not preparing to line up in the Epsom Derby.

The four stand-out signings - off the top of my head - that summer were Medel, Mutch, Caulker and Cornelius.

Medel was a big success up until the final two months of the season, while Mutch and Caulker had mixed campaigns but certainly were not bad signings. Cornelius, obviously, was.

Looking back at the results I'm confident we would have stayed up under Malky. We had all the sides around us to play at home and, more importantly, a clear game plan. It wasn't pretty but we would have survived in what was a poor Premier League.

Mutch was signed the summer before and played in the Championship winning side. He was one of the few in the original Malky squad who was truly PL class.

Medel & Caulker were fine signings, but were basically clapped out by Christmas, given the amount of work they had to get through each game.

There was no way we were going to survive with a game plan so naive and a poorly constructed squad.
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum