View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cyncoedslumdog
Cyncoedslumdog
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 14106
Posting Flair : 1465

PostCyncoedslumdog Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:37 pm

It appears that the tinkering days are over with Slade having named a 20 man squad to the players for his first three games. This will consist of the 18 on duty Saturday plus Fabio and possibly Oshilaja. Not in because of fitness concerns are Connolly, Turner & Dikgacoi (when will he ever be fit?).
This obviouly leaves an expensive contingent on the sidelines consisting of Eikrem, Kim, Guerra, Cala & Burgstaller with others out on loan.
One of Russell's biggest jobs will be sorting this lot out.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:15 am

No sympathy for Cala, who has done his best spoilt child impression ever since the end of last season.

Guerrera is a bit of both, I feel sorry for his somewhat unfair sidelining under Ole but his attitude has left something to be desired.

Kim - I've never been as keen on him as some here - tends to be a victim of trying to do too much at the time at the cost of functioning as a proper unit. I'll remember him for his vital role in our promotion, but there's better players all over the pitch now.

Eikrem and Burgstaller are probably best forgotten - horrific panic buys under Ole's tenure probably best forgotten unless they suddenly do something incredible on loan.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:16 am

I think it makes sense, as all the players then know where they stand and it will be up to those not in that 20 to prove their worth and fight for a place. If they don't for whatever reason, then, quite rightly, they should be on their way, or out in the cold for the rest of the season.

Just an observation that the five frozen out are all overseas players. Malky's squad was built around home grown players and he did foster a great work ethic. Playes like Taylor, Cowie, Gestede & Conway always did their best, however limited their talent in comparison to the OGS purchases.

Slade is also probably more at home working with British players, but it will be interesting to see how his best XI (that's eleven for Rhys) pans out.
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 21200
Posting Flair : 1110

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:31 am

Looks like, as everyone has pointed out, it will be a case of keeping things simple. And it certainly worked against Forest.
Tans Tache
Tans Tache
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 22790
Posting Flair : 760

PostTans Tache Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:01 am

3-1 win city
*** G L O V E S ***
*** G L O V E S ***
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 8492
Posting Flair : 721
http://danlewis92.weebly.com/

Post*** G L O V E S *** Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:56 am

TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:12 am

Yes, yes, yes.....that's all very nice, but what about the game against Ipswich...... Match Thread - City v Ipswich 3392635135
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:16 am

Tans Tache wrote:3-1 win city

A tad optimistic, perhaps...........  Match Thread - City v Ipswich 1525230823

City will do well to keep a clean sheet tomorrow, but if they get at Ipswich as they did against Forest and players stay the full 90 minutes, I can see a 1 - 0 or 2 - 0 win.

Last edited by TDA on Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:50 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Senility)
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:42 am

Interesting Ipswich stats....

....unbeaten in the last eight games, during which time they have drawn with Derby and Forest, both away and perhaps their best results.

Their other games have been against Millwall, Rotherham, Brighton & Blackburn at home (W3, D1) and Wigan & Sheff Wed away (W,D).

Not a bad set of results, but hardly the most difficult run of fixtures for a team in form.

City could well be the trickiest opponents they have faced for a while..... Match Thread - City v Ipswich 4228682415
Cyncoedslumdog
Cyncoedslumdog
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 14106
Posting Flair : 1465

PostCyncoedslumdog Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:07 am

Fabio is a certainty to come back in if he's ok but Gunnar looked as if he limped off on Saturday. It's a very short turnaround and if he's out I think we might see Ralls starting in midfield. I wouldn't want to see Whitts & Daehli starting together. Macheda looked knackered with cramp on Saturday and perhaps we may see him and Jones swap.
Whatever, I'm starting to feel optimistic - sort of.
glasgowronnie
glasgowronnie
Captain of Country
Captain of Country
User Points : 3965
Posting Flair : 220

Postglasgowronnie Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:30 am

Going for a 2-1 win for Cardiff
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:42 pm

Cyncoedslumdog wrote:Fabio is a certainty to come back in if he's ok but Gunnar looked as if he limped off on Saturday.  It's a very short turnaround and if he's out I think we might see Ralls starting in midfield. I wouldn't want to see Whitts & Daehli starting together. Macheda looked knackered with cramp on Saturday and perhaps we may see him and Jones swap.

...and it's somewhat comforting to have the depth in the squad where enforced changes or the need to rest players can be covered by those of equal quality. Pity that Ole couldn't get the best out of the squad he built.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:31 pm

TDA wrote:
Cyncoedslumdog wrote:Fabio is a certainty to come back in if he's ok but Gunnar looked as if he limped off on Saturday.  It's a very short turnaround and if he's out I think we might see Ralls starting in midfield. I wouldn't want to see Whitts & Daehli starting together. Macheda looked knackered with cramp on Saturday and perhaps we may see him and Jones swap.

...and it's somewhat comforting to have the depth in the squad where enforced changes or the need to rest players can be covered by those of equal quality.  Pity that Ole couldn't get the best out of the squad he built.

Racism and other revelations aside, I've often thought that A conversion of the clubs management leaving Malky as player coach but taking on Ole as director of football would of been a very exciting prospect - gain Ole's eye for squad building, but retain Malkys excellent man management.

Of course, we are yet to see if Slade has an eye for the transfer window, so we might already have both bundled into one...
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:21 pm

I'm afraid im going to have to let you guys down. I was originally attending the match tonight and also providing some match ratings for you all, but I'll be calling in sick. I can't go give minutes without doubling over in a coughing fit and my temperature is all over the place, so being stuck in close vicinity with other people I can infect in probably freezing temperatures sounds like hell on earth right now.

I know you are all devestated and I can only apologise and promise I will double my efforts in training to return to match fitness ready to represent the forum at the five a side football on Thursday. I'll also hold an extended autograph session afterwards as a further gesture.
Toast Boy
Toast Boy
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 7697
Posting Flair : 830

PostToast Boy Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:22 pm

Red614 wrote:

Racism and other revelations aside, I've often thought that A conversion of the clubs management leaving Malky as player coach but taking on Ole as director of football would of been a ry exciting prospect -

I don't think he would have got a game to be honest Red.
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum