View previous topic View next topic Go down

TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:45 pm

Don't when Ipswich became the "Tractor Boys". Their nickname was always the Blues or something like that.... **Official Match Day Thread - City v Ipswich** 4228682415

Anyway, all the play for and given that City still can't put two decent performances back to back, we are due a poor one. Best display of the season against Leeds midweek, but the result was a bitter blow.

0 - 1 Ipswich.
glasgowronnie
glasgowronnie
Captain of Country
Captain of Country
User Points : 3965
Posting Flair : 220

Postglasgowronnie Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:09 am

going for a 3-2 Cardiff win today
Cleve van Leef
Captain of Country
Captain of Country
User Points : 6741
Posting Flair : 180

PostCleve van Leef Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:42 am

0-3 to ......
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:44 am

Didn't know there was a match.... coat
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:59 am

Draw.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:03 am

Well done, all of us............. **Official Match Day Thread - City v Ipswich** 692773407
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:47 pm

Honestly, the fact we are the 2nd highest form team in the league right now and challenging for the playoffs yet most of us STILL can't be bothered to give a sh*t says an awful lot about the club...
glasgowronnie
glasgowronnie
Captain of Country
Captain of Country
User Points : 3965
Posting Flair : 220

Postglasgowronnie Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:48 pm

How would everyone feel if Slade took Cardiff to the Premier League via the Play offs? Would he stay? Should he be given the chance in the Premier League.
*** G L O V E S ***
*** G L O V E S ***
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 8492
Posting Flair : 721
http://danlewis92.weebly.com/

Post*** G L O V E S *** Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:21 pm

Red614 wrote:Honestly, the fact we are the 2nd highest form team in the league right now and challenging for the playoffs yet most of us STILL can't be bothered to give a sh*t says an awful lot about the club...

^^

Things are definitely improving mind. I even gave out a cheer when I clocked the FT score on Saturday.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:58 pm

glasgowronnie wrote:How would everyone feel if Slade took Cardiff to the Premier League via the Play offs? Would he stay? Should he be given the chance in the Premier League.

Success should never be punished - he should stay on. I don't see this ever happening however because Slade has been consistently outsmarted by the top managers in this division, and I don't see that changing in what would be the most important match of the year.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:51 pm

Red614 wrote:
glasgowronnie wrote:How would everyone feel if Slade took Cardiff to the Premier League via the Play offs? Would he stay? Should he be given the chance in the Premier League.

Success should never be punished - he should stay on. I don't see this ever happening however because Slade has been consistently outsmarted by the top managers in this division, and I don't see that changing in what would be the most important match of the year.

I agree that he should be rewarded, but the club made this mistake with Malky.

Malky/Slade will have done a job, but the club has to take a wider and longer term view if they want to stay in the Premier League. Neither of these managers was/is equipped to manage a team in the Premier League. If City do fluke promotion this year, then it has to bring in the right people, be they managers, backroom staff or players.

Slade will deserve a good payoff. There are plenty of Championship clubs who will welcome him at a better salary and where he can feel appreciated. He is not the right man for us and it would be a disaster for the club and for Slade personally if he stayed in those circumstances.

Tan is a man who learns from his mistakes and my feeling is that one of two things will happen if we were promoted.

He will either sink more funds into the club, as future PL income will be there and bring in the proper people, or he will look to sell.
Cleve van Leef
Captain of Country
Captain of Country
User Points : 6741
Posting Flair : 180

PostCleve van Leef Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:30 pm

TDA wrote:
Red614 wrote:

I agree that he should be rewarded, but the club made this mistake with Malky.  

Malky/Slade will have done a job, but the club has to take a wider and longer term view if they want to stay in the Premier League.  Neither of these managers was/is equipped to manage a team in the Premier League.  If City do fluke promotion this year, then it has to bring in the right people, be they managers, backroom staff or players.

Slade will deserve a good payoff.  There are plenty of Championship clubs who will welcome him at a better salary and where he can feel appreciated.  He is not the right man for us and it would be a disaster for the club and for Slade personally if he stayed in those circumstances.

Tan is a man who learns from his mistakes and my feeling is that one of two things will happen if we were promoted.

He will either sink more funds into the club, as future PL income will be there and bring in the proper people, or he will look to sell.

Slade has done exactly what has been asked of him by Tan, unfortunately I don't think many of us will see the Club back in the PL in the near future, no matter who is in charge. In the past 15/16 years the only decent manager who has been appointed is Dave Jones, and he had many faults. The Club has been run on short term success and there has never been a long term plan in any area, on or off the field. Can't see Tan investing much more financially into the Club.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:41 am

This isn't a slight on anyone here, but I'm still baffled to this day why so many wanted Malky gone after he won the freaking league title. I mean seriously, it boggles the mind.

If Tan does indeed learn from his mistakes - HE SHOULD STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM THR SQUAD.
*** G L O V E S ***
*** G L O V E S ***
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 8492
Posting Flair : 721
http://danlewis92.weebly.com/

Post*** G L O V E S *** Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:29 am

Red614 wrote:This isn't a slight on anyone here, but I'm still baffled to this day why so many wanted Malky gone after he won the freaking league title. I mean seriously, it boggles the mind.

If Tan does indeed learn from his mistakes - HE SHOULD STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM THR SQUAD.

Glad somebody else said this! Letting him go was the biggest mistake we could have made.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:58 am

*** G L O V E S *** wrote:
Red614 wrote:This isn't a slight on anyone here, but I'm still baffled to this day why so many wanted Malky gone after he won the freaking league title. I mean seriously, it boggles the mind.

Glad somebody else said this! Letting him go was the biggest mistake we could have made.

Can't agree with that at all.

Malky was a disaster in the transfer market at that level. He didn't have the experience or reputation to attract the right sort of player. Furthermore, his tactics at PL level were incredibly naive.

Remember the game away at Norwich when we were subjected to a PL record number of attempts at goal? The team was always going to run out of steam having been under constant bombardment all season. When the change of manager finally did happen, it was too late and the wrong man!

Horses for courses always...........and Malky should have been out pulling a milk cart the day after we were promoted, not preparing to line up in the Epsom Derby.
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum