Post*** G L O V E S *** Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:46 am

TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:38 am

No doubt the last two results have helped massively, if not the performances. Nevertheless, winning, however ugly, is habit forming and that's all City needs at the moment.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:03 pm

It's not fair to judge a team on its performances when it's confidence is low. Let it get back into a winning mindset and then see what it can do.
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:43 pm

Someone pointed out that he should be getting a lot more credit than he currently is - a lot of footballing snobbery perhaps. As Steve Tucker puts it - if Moyes was manager and we were getting the same results, the fans would be raving and singing his name from the rooftops
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:35 am

I'm not won over at all by Slade. The away performances at Millwall, Bolton & Birmingham were poor and one point from those three games was pretty pathetic.

There are signs that things are stabilising, even though we failed to put away 10-man Reading convincingly and Marshall was the difference between three poiints and none at Watford on Saturday.

At least we are accumulating points, but nothing much else positive for me so far.
SteWells
SteWells
Team Captain
Team Captain
User Points : 1655
Posting Flair : 100

PostSteWells Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:53 am

Yeah, we've been getting results but performances have been shocking.

If he can keep the points coming in while improving performances, fair enough, but I'm not convinced he can. Only time will tell.
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:03 am

TDA wrote:I'm not won over at all by Slade.  The away performances at Millwall, Bolton & Birmingham were poor and one point from those three games was pretty pathetic.

There are signs that things are stabilising, even though we failed to put away 10-man Reading convincingly and Marshall was the difference between three poiints and none at Watford on Saturday.

At least we are accumulating points, but nothing much else positive for me so far.

SteWells wrote:Yeah, we've been getting results but performances have been shocking.

If he can keep the points coming in while improving performances, fair enough, but I'm not convinced he can. Only time will tell.

Thing is though chaps, the same could be said under Malky. It's easy to forget that we often had less possession and one or two shots on target per game under him. Slade is just doing what he needs to for this division
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:03 pm

Rhys wrote:
TDA wrote:I'm not won over at all by Slade.  The away performances at Millwall, Bolton & Birmingham were poor and one point from those three games was pretty pathetic.

SteWells wrote:Yeah, we've been getting results but performances have been shocking.

Thing is though chaps, the same could be said under Malky. It's easy to forget that we often had less possession and one or two shots on target per game under him. Slade is just doing what he needs to for this division

To be fair Rhys, from very early point I did say the same thing about Malky as well (ask Toastie) and I believe that his limitations as a coach eventually caught up with him. There are worrying parallels.
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum