First topic message reminder :

Last 5 meetings:-
26 Oct 1982----Cardiff City 1-3 Arsenal----Milk Cup
07 Jan 2006----Arsenal 2-1 Cardiff City----FA Cup
25 Jan 2009----Cardiff City 0-0 Arsenal----FA Cup
16 Feb 2009----Arsenal 4-0 Cardiff City----FA Cup
30 Nov 2013----Cardiff City 0-3 Arsenal----Premier League

Fact:-
City have lost 4 of the last 5 meetings v Arsenal.  

Prediction:-
I really do not want to say but heavy defeat

SteWells
SteWells
Team Captain
Team Captain
User Points : 1655
Posting Flair : 100

PostSteWells Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:05 am

Cornelius will come good, I'm sure of it.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:12 am

SteWells wrote:Cornelius will come good, I'm sure of it.

More strength now in the up front department will surely help him longer term, although I can't see him playing in a 4 - 5 - 1 formation.......
Blueminati
Blueminati
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 622
Posting Flair : 50

PostBlueminati Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:36 am

Red614 wrote:So this is all Cornelius' fault again? You can't pin the problem on two players - the whole team sat back. So what if Gunnarrson lost his man occasionally and Cowie offered little creativity - that's not what made us lose today.

Instead of it being Malky's 'fault', both results wouldn't of happened under Malky. Malky defended higher, and it was successful. The last four goals we've conceeded post Malky was because we were defending deep, allowing the opposition midfield to show their creativity. Under Malky, we had players still attacking that midfield and giving no space.

Solskajer may fix all that, but to blame the squad sitting back and soaking up pressure on overspending on a striker is pretty baffling.

It was Malky and Moody's fault for wasting so much money on so few players. That was the reason we lost. We lost because we lack depth which stems from shocking transfer dealings in the summer. Rather than buy loads of cheaper players like Hull and so on we splashed £9m on an unknown quantity who isn't even good enough to contribute and thats not just according to Malky but DK who didn't want to put him on today. Why? Because even he knows deep down he's a useless waste of money. Sorry but its true. I feel for the lad honestly. Its not his fault. In one respect he's laughing as he's tied into a long highly paid contract. In another, unless we go down, he's not going to be playing much football unless OGS is also mentally insane and plays him.

Under Malky, we had players still attacking that midfield and giving no space.

Under Malky we sat back for almost all of the 90 minutes apart from 5 minute spells. we got overrun more than once and we conceded late against Spurs and were lucky not to concede late vs Everton when Deulofeu went through on goal. Come on Red, stop playing devils advocate and I know you're just trying it on because you're an intelligent lad who just wants to question everyone and be 'that person'.

I give up honestly. We're lacking depth in the squad and we've got no true quality, Premier League quality, on the bench to bring on. Thats a fact.

Lewis isn't PL quality.
Hudson might be but I doubt it but can't be any worse than MC Thump-a-lot Ben Turner.
Gunnarsson is Championship at best as is Cowie.
Maynard is top Championship at best as proven by statements of many WHU fans.
Cornelius is not PL quality either. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to work it out.

Its no different to the signings of Carroll and Downing hindering Liverpool's progress and it wasn't until Rodgers shifted them and reinvested in good players that their fortunes turned around and they started playing. I just pray that OGS, if he does become our manager, does the same. Shift the obvious deadwood and squad fillers and bring in some true gems like Rodgers did with Liverpool in Coutinho etc.

I said exactly the same to my mate who's a Liverpool fan at the time that he would shift the deadwood, stamp his philosophy and as long as he's backed and allowed to build his squad he will sort them out. I now am seeing the same thing, albeit on a smaller financial scale, at the club I support and again I know what its going to take to turn around our fortunes.

Anyone who thinks Cornelius, Cowie or Gunnarsson are good enough for the Premier League must have had their stocking filled with illicit drugs for Christmas and have been using ever since. None of them are anywhere near good enough. In fact, I'd be skeptical of having 2 of them as starters in a Championship team.
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:52 am

TDA wrote:
*** G L O V E S *** wrote:They have Bendtner up front. There's always hope.

......just brought this back to haunt you, Gloves....... ***Official Arsenal VS Cardiff Match Thread*** - Page 5 4268314175 

Oh Gloves... ***Official Arsenal VS Cardiff Match Thread*** - Page 5 2854552383
*** G L O V E S ***
*** G L O V E S ***
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 8492
Posting Flair : 721
http://danlewis92.weebly.com/

Post*** G L O V E S *** Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:04 am

Arkay Dubya wrote:
TDA wrote:
*** G L O V E S *** wrote:They have Bendtner up front. There's always hope.

......just brought this back to haunt you, Gloves....... ***Official Arsenal VS Cardiff Match Thread*** - Page 5 4268314175 

Oh Gloves... ***Official Arsenal VS Cardiff Match Thread*** - Page 5 2854552383

Well at least this will be forgotten before the 2014 'Mare of the Year awards come along!  ***Official Arsenal VS Cardiff Match Thread*** - Page 5 692773407 
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:34 am

Blueminati wrote:
Red614 wrote:So this is all Cornelius' fault again? You can't pin the problem on two players - the whole team sat back. So what if Gunnarrson lost his man occasionally and Cowie offered little creativity - that's not what made us lose today.

Instead of it being Malky's 'fault', both results wouldn't of happened under Malky. Malky defended higher, and it was successful. The last four goals we've conceeded post Malky was because we were defending deep, allowing the opposition midfield to show their creativity. Under Malky, we had players still attacking that midfield and giving no space.

Solskajer may fix all that, but to blame the squad sitting back and soaking up pressure on overspending on a striker is pretty baffling.

It was Malky and Moody's fault for wasting so much money on so few players. That was the reason we lost. We lost because we lack depth which stems from shocking transfer dealings in the summer. Rather than buy loads of cheaper players like Hull and so on we splashed £9m on an unknown quantity who isn't even good enough to contribute and thats not just according to Malky but DK who didn't want to put him on today. Why? Because even he knows deep down he's a useless waste of money. Sorry but its true. I feel for the lad honestly. Its not his fault. In one respect he's laughing as he's tied into a long highly paid contract. In another, unless we go down, he's not going to be playing much football unless OGS is also mentally insane and plays him.

Under Malky, we had players still attacking that midfield and giving no space.

Under Malky we sat back for almost all of the 90 minutes apart from 5 minute spells. we got overrun more than once and we conceded late against Spurs and were lucky not to concede late vs Everton when Deulofeu went through on goal. Come on Red, stop playing devils advocate and I know you're just trying it on because you're an intelligent lad who just wants to question everyone and be 'that person'.

I give up honestly. We're lacking depth in the squad and we've got no true quality, Premier League quality, on the bench to bring on. Thats a fact.

Lewis isn't PL quality.
Hudson might be but I doubt it but can't be any worse than MC Thump-a-lot Ben Turner.
Gunnarsson is Championship at best as is Cowie.
Maynard is top Championship at best as proven by statements of many WHU fans.
Cornelius is not PL quality either. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to work it out.

Its no different to the signings of Carroll and Downing hindering Liverpool's progress and it wasn't until Rodgers shifted them and reinvested in good players that their fortunes turned around and they started playing. I just pray that OGS, if he does become our manager, does the same. Shift the obvious deadwood and squad fillers and bring in some true gems like Rodgers did with Liverpool in Coutinho etc.

I said exactly the same to my mate who's a Liverpool fan at the time that he would shift the deadwood, stamp his philosophy and as long as he's backed and allowed to build his squad he will sort them out. I now am seeing the same thing, albeit on a smaller financial scale, at the club I support and again I know what its going to take to turn around our fortunes.

Anyone who thinks Cornelius, Cowie or Gunnarsson are good enough for the Premier League must have had their stocking filled with illicit drugs for Christmas and have been using ever since. None of them are anywhere near good enough. In fact, I'd be skeptical of having 2 of them as starters in a Championship team.

I take offence to that personal comment, and stopped reading because if it. You yourself have said you like this forum because you can express opinion without personal attack, then you pull that one.
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 21200
Posting Flair : 1110

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:06 am

Popcorn 
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 21200
Posting Flair : 1110

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:08 am

I don't believe Malky defended high up the pitch, he seemed to have more of a penchant for staying deep and sitting on leads
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:52 pm

Slumdog's Son™ wrote:

I don't believe Malky defended high up the pitch, he seemed to have more of a penchant for staying deep and sitting on leads

I agree to a point......it's still happening. We do defend higher early in games, but presumably tire and drop deeper and deeper.
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum