So who do we want to replace Malky?

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Replacement manager

So who do we want to replace Malky? Poll_c1013%So who do we want to replace Malky? Poll_c10 13% 
[ 3 ]
So who do we want to replace Malky? Poll_c1038%So who do we want to replace Malky? Poll_c10 38% 
[ 9 ]
So who do we want to replace Malky? Poll_c1013%So who do we want to replace Malky? Poll_c10 13% 
[ 3 ]
So who do we want to replace Malky? Poll_c1017%So who do we want to replace Malky? Poll_c10 17% 
[ 4 ]
So who do we want to replace Malky? Poll_c104%So who do we want to replace Malky? Poll_c10 4% 
[ 1 ]
So who do we want to replace Malky? Poll_c104%So who do we want to replace Malky? Poll_c10 4% 
[ 1 ]
So who do we want to replace Malky? Poll_c100%So who do we want to replace Malky? Poll_c10 0% 
[ 0 ]
So who do we want to replace Malky? Poll_c100%So who do we want to replace Malky? Poll_c10 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 24

Blueminati
Blueminati
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 622
Posting Flair : 50

PostBlueminati Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:04 am

I've purposely omitted managers such as Yilmaz due to the media repeatedly denying anything and I've omitted managers like Shearer who nobody really wants.

So who do we want to replace Malky? 692773407 
Tans Tache
Tans Tache
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 22790
Posting Flair : 760

PostTans Tache Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:11 am

Well according to lakey, on twitter he just posted:

The 4 people approached about our managers job. Pulis, Di Matteo, Solskjaer, Darren Ferguson. It's been going on months. Rotten to the core

TBH I know people been banging on about solksjaer but I aint gotta clue if hes any gd managerial wise,

so Hoddle, DI Matteo, or Lennon, for me,

But If I can dream, Slaven Bilic and Frank De Boer

davewebber65
davewebber65
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 11984
Posting Flair : 290

Postdavewebber65 Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:14 am

i can only go by stories that i have read and they all say he is held in very high regard

bilic manage the team that tan is involved in?????????????????
Blueminati
Blueminati
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

PostBlueminati Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:29 am

Pulis - No thanks. It'd be more of the same after Malky in terms of football style. He'd get us in a better striker and knows that style better but still not for me.

Di Matteo - Fair choice but would he come? Knows defensively the game and also understands how dangerous the counter attack is. I'd expect us to invest in wingers if he came in so I'd be happy but I don't think he'd come here unless a promise of being heavily backed in January.

Solskjaer - Would be happy. Loads of respect in the football world. His team play decent football and he has good contacts. Would also have the advice of Ferguson.

Ferguson - no thanks. It'd be a yes man for Tan. He'd get advice from his father but he'd still be there for the name and not his achievements. Tan wants us to become his Man Utd and the fact he has even entertained the thought of signing Ferguson with his record proves that. However, Ferguson would because of his father allow big signings and have a strong contact base. I'd be worried though that he'd be too weak and become Tan's yes man.
Tans Tache
Tans Tache
National Legend
National Legend

PostTans Tache Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:39 am

dave I said bilic with tongue in cherk, and u say about he wouldnt come cos of tan surely same for any manager
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:46 am

Sorry James, but I feel that this thread is a little premature.  

As a responsible messageboard, let's at least wait until something definite occurs before jumping on this particular bandwagon.........Malky deserves that respect....
Blueminati
Blueminati
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

PostBlueminati Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:53 am

TDA wrote:Sorry James, but I feel that this thread is a little premature.  

Let's at least wait until something definite occurs before jumping on this particular bandwagon.........Malky deserves better than that....

Malky's as good as gone TDA. In business, when an affair like this goes public its game over. Tan has the ace up his sleeve being owner and therefore Malky's position becomes untenable. Theres no point pretending he is going to be sticking around and they'll make up because it won't happen.

Even if Tan can't convince another decent manager to come here I highly suspect he'll employ a yes man and try and influence things himself before trying to patch things up with Malky. This has been something going on for a long time now.

Im personally not bothered by Malky's departure either. He has fooled a lot with his camera antics and speech giving and this has masked over some of the same faults Jones had - stubbornness and no plan B. The difference being Jones' problems were amplified and made a big deal out of because he had the charisma of a park bench.

Im Cardiff City FC and the club comes first and foremost. Malky is dispensable and whilst he has done great by this club lets not forget as an employee he has picked up very nice pay packets for it. He'd have jumped ship if Everton truly wanted him but they put a footballing man in Martinez at the top of their list and they are now reaping the rewards of that bold and brave decision. Lets just hope we are brave enough to get a footballing man in and take a bit of a risk to get playing instead of lying down, taking a beating and hoping we can land a sucker punch every game.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:59 am

Blueminati wrote:
TDA wrote:Sorry James, but I feel that this thread is a little premature.  

Let's at least wait until something definite occurs before jumping on this particular bandwagon.........Malky deserves better than that....

Malky's as good as gone TDA. In business, when an affair like this goes public its game over. Tan has the ace up his sleeve being owner and therefore Malky's position becomes untenable. Theres no point pretending he is going to be sticking around and they'll make up because it won't happen.

Even if Tan can't convince another decent manager to come here I highly suspect he'll employ a yes man and try and influence things himself before trying to patch things up with Malky. This has been something going on for a long time now.

Im personally not bothered by Malky's departure either. He has fooled a lot with his camera antics and speech giving and this has masked over some of the same faults Jones had - stubbornness and no plan B. The difference being Jones' problems were amplified and made a big deal out of because he had the charisma of a park bench.

Im Cardiff City FC and the club comes first and foremost. Malky is dispensable and whilst he has done great by this club lets not forget as an employee he has picked up very nice pay packets for it. He'd have jumped ship if Everton truly wanted him but they put a footballing man in Martinez at the top of their list and they are now reaping the rewards of that bold and brave decision. Lets just hope we are brave enough to get a footballing man in and take a bit of a risk to get playing instead of lying down, taking a beating and hoping we can land a sucker punch every game.

I am sure you are right, but out of common decency, there is a time and a place for everything.

Malky certainly has his faults and I have not been slow in pointing these out, but we are where we are because of his efforts and, even if he in not the man to take us on from here, then, out of respect for what he has done, I feel that we should see his tenure through to the end before speculating.
G-ster
G-ster
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 5923
Posting Flair : 460

PostG-ster Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:00 am

Anyone taking the job would be mad to work with Tan, but then again the salary would compensate for that.
Solskjaer would probably be acceptable to most fans; ideally with Hoddle as first-team coach.

I've a horrible feeling it's going to be Sven-Goran Eriksson.  So who do we want to replace Malky? 2854552383
Tans Tache
Tans Tache
National Legend
National Legend

PostTans Tache Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:03 am

What about alex Ferguson he likes red also respected, I think he's won one or two trophys too So who do we want to replace Malky? 692773407
Blueminati
Blueminati
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

PostBlueminati Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:09 am

G-ster wrote:Anyone taking the job would be mad to work with Tan, but then again the salary would compensate for that.
Solskjaer would probably be acceptable to most fans; ideally with Hoddle as first-team coach.

I've a horrible feeling it's going to be Sven-Goran Eriksson.  So who do we want to replace Malky? 2854552383

Im not being funny but I also have some sick feeling in my stomach that we might end up with Sven. I've had it for the last couple of days since the news broke. Sven is known in the football world and has many good contacts. He also likes to spend and will attract players.

Question is, will Tan back him? Worthless bringing in someone like Sven unless you're going to back him in the window and use his strengths to strengthen the team.
davewebber65
davewebber65
National Legend
National Legend

Postdavewebber65 Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:35 am

Vinnie Tans Tache wrote:dave I said bilic with tongue in cherk, and u say about he wouldnt come cos of tan surely same for any manager
no vtt. i think he could well be a serious contender. apparently some experience, has a lot of respect and is a serious contender because of his clubs vt connection
davewebber65
davewebber65
National Legend
National Legend

Postdavewebber65 Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:37 am

Vinnie Tans Tache wrote:What about alex Ferguson he likes red also respected, I think he's won one or two trophys too So who do we want to replace Malky? 692773407
would love to prize  him out of retirement. vinnie tans street cred would rise  So who do we want to replace Malky? 1525230823
davewebber65
davewebber65
National Legend
National Legend

Postdavewebber65 Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:38 am

and he would not take jack s**t from anybody
Tans Tache
Tans Tache
National Legend
National Legend

PostTans Tache Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:13 am

Not even tan
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum