Who to replace Whittingham on Tuesday?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

macaz
Academy Player
User Points : 106
Posting Flair : 20

Postmacaz Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:18 am

Whitts is suspended for Tuesday nights trip to Rotherham, who would you have in to replace him?
Personally I would like to see Ralls given a shot, and maybe Adeyemi for Gunnarsson? also it's strange that O'Keefe hasn't had much of a look in as of late unless he has an injury. Should be a good game,with both sides wanting to have a extend their gap from the bottom three.
maisie'sdad
maisie'sdad
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1710
Posting Flair : 40

Postmaisie'sdad Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:47 am

adeyemi
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:54 pm

Adeyemi & Gunnarsson together would give a higher energy, more mobile midfield. There's not much service from midfield to the front men anyway, so I don't think Whitts passing would be missed anyway.

However, Ralls is the nearest to a like for like replacement and I wouldn't mind which of them stepped up. Time for a change anyway, I believe.
macaz
Academy Player

Postmacaz Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:29 pm

maisie'sdad wrote:adeyemi

I would like to see him have a game, should drop Gunnarsson as well he seems to be getting poorer every game in my opinion.
macaz
Academy Player

Postmacaz Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:32 pm

TDA wrote:Adeyemi & Gunnarsson together would give a higher energy, more mobile midfield.  There's not much service from midfield to the front men anyway, so I don't think Whitts passing would be missed anyway.

However, Ralls is the nearest to a like for like replacement and I wouldn't mind which of them stepped up.  Time for a change anyway, I believe.

I agree that technically the Adeyemi and Gunnarsson combination will bring more energy to our midfield, however Gunnarsson (apart from the gal against Wigan) rarely moves quick and is a very lazy centre midfielder. Ralls and Adeyemi are probably the best bet for energy and hard work. It would be interesting to see what reaction we get from Whittingham after his suspension, if he starts upping his game or continues playing poorly
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:40 pm

I believe that Whitts is a victim of the system in which he is being asked to play. He typifies everything that is wrong with Russell Slade's approach, which is forcing a rigid system on a squad, rather than looking at the strengths and talent of a squad and devising a system to suit the players.
macaz
Academy Player

Postmacaz Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:02 pm

TDA wrote:I believe that Whitts is a victim of the system in which he is being asked to play.  He typifies everything that is wrong with Russell Slade's approach, which is forcing a rigid system on a squad, rather than looking at the strengths and talent of a squad and devising a system to suit the players.

Exactly, he needs to be played as a CAM. just behind the strikers or out on the left to whip in a good cross. unfortunately Slade is to stubborn to change his 4-4-2 which in effect makes us a very predictable team to play against.
maisie'sdad
maisie'sdad
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1710
Posting Flair : 40

Postmaisie'sdad Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:08 pm

will whittingham get his place back???????
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:26 pm

Well, I'd hope not based on the last team performance but then this Russell Slade we're talking about... Who to replace Whittingham on Tuesday?  2854552383
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum