View previous topic View next topic Go down

Blueminati
Blueminati
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 622
Posting Flair : 50

PostBlueminati Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:02 am

http://kotaku.com/you-can-play-an-xbox-360-through-an-xbox-one-through-an-1467884928

Can't wait to get mine next year.

Going to use the HDMI Input feature to connect my Macbook Pro through the Xbox One. That way I have the ability to play the Xbox One, browse the internet through a good browser like Safari and actually download items as I use voice chat to speak to friends over Xbox Live.

Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:10 am

Does it function with other manafacturers devices? The three operating systems operate Microsoft engines, in not sure they'd be capable of running a piece of apple hardware. It might restrict you to using the mouse and keyboard on the laptop, which does kind of make the whole thing pointless.
Blueminati
Blueminati
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 622
Posting Flair : 50

PostBlueminati Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:59 am

Red614 wrote:Does it function with other manafacturers devices? The three operating systems operate Microsoft engines, in not sure they'd be capable of running a piece of apple hardware. It might restrict you to using the mouse and keyboard on the laptop, which does kind of make the whole thing pointless.
Microsoft have already confirmed the PS4 and Wii works through it.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:45 am

Blueminati wrote:
Red614 wrote:Does it function with other manafacturers devices? The three operating systems operate Microsoft engines, in not sure they'd be capable of running a piece of apple hardware. It might restrict you to using the mouse and keyboard on the laptop, which does kind of make the whole thing pointless.
Microsoft have already confirmed the PS4 and Wii works through it.
Games consoles, designed to work with a controller. Besides the operating system of all three consoles, deep down, is the same just at varying degrees of power, it's not mindblowing to think they are compatible. I'm not convinced a laptop, especially an apple laptop, would play ball though.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:29 pm

Spent all last night playing Xbox zone FIFA 14. Some observations on just how awesome it is beyond just being just being stupidly good looking -

- The new engine is amazing, balance has been completely reworked. My 5'9 skinny striker is having a really hard time right now in the lower leagues. In older games it would still cause a problem as heavier defenders would be able to prevent you running past them. In this one they can physically overwhelm you and out you on your a**e. Really ruins that fantastic through ball when you run too close to a defender who stands his ground and flattens you

- There genuinely is a difference between too kevel players and more average. In the first game, Iniesta played an inch perfect one touch lobbed throughball. It fell just over Neymars head who controlled it perfectly and left his mark for dust. It worked so well I tried it again with Cardiff. Oh dear. Whitts lost his balance trying to spin like Iniesta and fluffed it twenty yards left of where Campbell was running. He was fast enough to catch it but his touch bounced it out of play. Might have to swap Whitts for Iniesta...

- I also really like the voice controls. You can change tactics and formations just by saying 'defensive' or '4-3-3', and for once it actually understands. Most useful is substitutions - you say 'substitution', say what player you want to sub, then who you want to sub him with. Works brilliantly even with foreign names surprisingly - I had no problem substituting Paulinho for Eriksen. Difficult comes when YOU don't know how to pronounce it - El Sharrawy was impossible Xbox One Inception 692773407
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum