Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Tue May 21, 2013 6:58 pm

Anyone else buzzing for this?! New Xbox reveal today! 3640184800

Been waiting months for this and was actually dreaming about it all last night (sad I know).

Its on live stream on the Xbox website from 6pm UK time.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Tue May 21, 2013 8:47 pm

I completely forgot about this!

You, personally, have just made my day Rhys.
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 21200
Posting Flair : 1110

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Tue May 21, 2013 8:55 pm

When is it on sale? Probably going to be £400-£500 again is it?
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostRhys Tue May 21, 2013 9:10 pm

Out at Christmas and is rumoured to be around £250 - although this won't be confirmed until late in the year
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Tue May 21, 2013 11:10 pm

Slumdog's Son™ wrote:When is it on sale? Probably going to be £400-£500 again is it?

Whatever it turns out to be only one thing can be certain - Sony will c**k it up again and their console will be twice as expensive.
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostRhys Wed May 22, 2013 3:54 am

6 mins to go! :bounce: New Xbox reveal today! 3640184800
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Wed May 22, 2013 4:30 am

Yes, it's very good at understanding voices....now get on with showing how its a GAMES console...
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Wed May 22, 2013 4:44 am

Our resident chameleon, Jon Snow, is not at all impressed by it on Twitter.

Having not seen any of the promo stuff myself interested to know your thoughts Gents?
Cyncoedslumdog
Cyncoedslumdog
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 14106
Posting Flair : 1465

PostCyncoedslumdog Wed May 22, 2013 4:56 am

What's an XBox. Is it like my Sega Mega Drive?
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostArkay Dubya Wed May 22, 2013 5:06 am

Cyncoedslumdog wrote:What's an XBox. Is it like my Sega Mega Drive?

It's like the make equivalent of a "rabbit". New Xbox reveal today! 4228682415

If you don't know what one of those is, ask your son - I'm sure he has a few stuffed away in his wardrobe for emergencies.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Wed May 22, 2013 5:19 am

Through this and wired.coms much better report, I'm very impressed.

It's major selling point is as an entertainment console. It does still play games, and very well it claims, but it also allows you to plug your tv box into the console and broadcast tv through it, as well as access the Internet. You can also multitask - you can watch tv in a little box while simultaneously browsing the Internet on the same screen - if you get stuck on a game you can flick the Internet up and get a walkthrough without closing the game. It also effectively has three different memory units, one purely devoted to gaming so they are not affected but two more to enable the multitasking lag free.

The tv thing sounds a bit pointless but kinect will add an ingenious little feature - you can can say 'Xbox, BBC One' and it will immediately put the channel on, or 'Xbox play game of thrones' and it will respond with a list of tv channels playing the show, on demand episodes, YouTube clips, etc. it's basically tovo's search function but it takes five seconds instead of two hours.

It claims to have right times the graphical power of the 360, and those laughing at its physical specs show how clueless they are - it utilises the cloud service it helped invent in the first place to allow any game it plays to be powered by your Xbox and Microsoft office's hyper powerful servers. Consider it to be Amir Khan but with Rocky Balboa adding to his punches.

Was quite slim on game news, but more than likely they're waiting for the bigger market of e3 only next month.
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostArkay Dubya Wed May 22, 2013 5:28 am

Red614 wrote:Through this and wired.coms much better report, I'm very impressed.

It's major selling point is as an entertainment console. It does still play games, and very well it claims, but it also allows you to plug your tv box into the console and broadcast tv through it, as well as access the Internet. You can also multitask - you can watch tv in a little box while simultaneously browsing the Internet on the same screen - if you get stuck on a game you can flick the Internet up and get a walkthrough without closing the game. It also effectively has three different memory units, one purely devoted to gaming so they are not affected but two more to enable the multitasking lag free.

The tv thing sounds a bit pointless but kinect will add an ingenious little feature - you can can say 'Xbox, BBC One' and it will immediately put the channel on, or 'Xbox play game of thrones' and it will respond with a list of tv channels playing the show, on demand episodes, YouTube clips, etc. it's basically tovo's search function but it takes five seconds instead of two hours.

It claims to have right times the graphical power of the 360, and those laughing at its physical specs show how clueless they are - it utilises the cloud service it helped invent in the first place to allow any game it plays to be powered by your Xbox and Microsoft office's hyper powerful servers. Consider it to be Amir Khan but with Rocky Balboa adding to his punches.

Was quite slim on game news, but more than likely they're waiting for the bigger market of e3 only next month.

Interesting...
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Wed May 22, 2013 5:34 am

Oh and the kinect sensor is getting some much needed improvements. It will now work at a much closer range, the demo showed its creator standing only three feet from the sensor with is arms outstretched over his head and the camera could see his whole body. Much better than the two metre minimum it currently has. It can also read your heart rate by using infrared light to detect your skin pigmentation. Creepy.
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostArkay Dubya Wed May 22, 2013 5:49 am

Red614 wrote:Oh and the kinect sensor is getting some much needed improvements. It will now work at a much closer range, the demo showed its creator standing only three feet from the sensor with is arms outstretched over his head and the camera could see his whole body. Much better than the two metre minimum it currently has. It can also read your heart rate by using infrared light to detect your skin pigmentation. Creepy.

Shocked

Will it be able to tell if I'm sat around the living room in my pants?
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostRhys Wed May 22, 2013 5:52 am

Arkay Dubya wrote:
Red614 wrote:Oh and the kinect sensor is getting some much needed improvements. It will now work at a much closer range, the demo showed its creator standing only three feet from the sensor with is arms outstretched over his head and the camera could see his whole body. Much better than the two metre minimum it currently has. It can also read your heart rate by using infrared light to detect your skin pigmentation. Creepy.

Shocked

Will it be able to tell if I'm sat around the living room in my pants?

...and if one of the boys have accidently escaped the barracks?
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum