Cardiff City - the most English team in the premier league!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

davewebber65
davewebber65
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 11984
Posting Flair : 290

Postdavewebber65 Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:22 am

Last edited by Rhys on Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:09 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : just a little amendment!)
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:25 am

Well, that's a good thing isn't it?

Having a British spine to the team is often cited as being a key component of a team's "fighting spirit" which, let's face it, we need and will rely on throughout the season.

If we were fielding more Welsh players, in all honesty, I'd be worried as outside of the major players most of them are lower Prem/Football League quality at best. I'd take an exciting and talented English midfielder like Mutch or Whitts over a continental equivalent (or even a Ledley Cardiff City - the most English team in the premier league! 3392635135) anyday.
davewebber65
davewebber65
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 11984
Posting Flair : 290

Postdavewebber65 Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:46 am

i was quite pleased actually, because whilst they under-perform nationally, as individuals they are rather good
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostArkay Dubya Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:47 am

davewebber65 wrote:i was quite pleased actually, because whilst they under-perform nationally, as individuals they are rather good
Cardiff City - the most English team in the premier league! 692773407 

Too true Dave!

(Sorry Red coat)
The Tonker
The Tonker
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 9488
Posting Flair : 1360

PostThe Tonker Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:37 am

Arkay Dubya wrote:Having a British spine to the team is often cited as being a key component of a team's "fighting spirit" which, let's face it, we need and will rely on throughout the season.

If we were fielding more Welsh players, in all honesty, I'd be worried as outside of the major players most of them are lower Prem/Football League quality at best.
....and there was I thinking we Welsh were British as well....
Cardiff City - the most English team in the premier league! 2854552383 
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostArkay Dubya Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:43 am

The Tonker wrote:
Arkay Dubya wrote:Having a British spine to the team is often cited as being a key component of a team's "fighting spirit" which, let's face it, we need and will rely on throughout the season.

If we were fielding more Welsh players, in all honesty, I'd be worried as outside of the major players most of them are lower Prem/Football League quality at best.
Ha! Yes, I take your point. Obviously, I was taking issue with the "English" article title while opening out my argument to include British players being more likely to have "fighting spirit" in the EPL as it is the dominant league in these here isles.

It's a sloppy response to write on a more cerebral forum such as this (Cardiff City - the most English team in the premier league! 950566222) and you're right to call me on it. I shall resign from forum response writing for the second time this week coat

Cardiff City - the most English team in the premier league! 2925389657 

The Tonker
The Tonker
National Legend
National Legend

PostThe Tonker Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:53 am

Arkay Dubya wrote:
The Tonker wrote:

Ha! Yes, I take your point. Obviously, I was taking issue with the "English" article title while opening out my argument to include British players being more likely to have "fighting spirit" in the EPL as it is the dominant league in these here isles.

It's a sloppy response to write on a more cerebral forum such as this (Cardiff City - the most English team in the premier league! 950566222) and you're right to call me on it. I shall resign from forum response writing for the second time this week coat

Don't throw in the towel too quickly! Where's your fighting spirit? Oh, hang on, I expect you're Welsh, are you?......
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostArkay Dubya Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:01 am

The Tonker wrote:
Arkay Dubya wrote:
The Tonker wrote:

Don't throw in the towel too quickly! Where's your fighting spirit? Oh, hang on, I expect you're Welsh, are you?......
Cardiff City - the most English team in the premier league! 692773407 

I was obviously looking for my rightful home in France... Cardiff City - the most English team in the premier league! 2854552383 coat 
steve.western.52
steve.western.52
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 709
Posting Flair : 50

Poststeve.western.52 Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:18 pm

Living in London has obviously diluted his Welshness.....au revoir mon frere!
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:06 am

Did you know that a good percentage of the members of this board now reside in France?

From this day forth - the primary language of the forum is French. Here is my first post in fluid *ahem* French. 
--------------------------------------------
Hey les gars,

Ce n'est pas grave ce que les nationalités de l'équipe sont - je suis juste marre de toutes les chansons anti-anglaise que nous avons tendance à chanter. C'est ennuyeux!
steve.western.52
steve.western.52
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 709
Posting Flair : 50

Poststeve.western.52 Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:34 am

Rhys.....as much as I appreciate the residential status of this forum falling into international territories now I feel that changing the primary language to French may be a mistake. Correct me if I am wrong but I am pretty sure that on the night out many moons ago that some of our beloved members struggled with our native english language.....!!
The Tonker
The Tonker
National Legend
National Legend

PostThe Tonker Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:04 am

Rhys wrote:Did you know that a good percentage of the members of this board now reside in France?

From this day forth - the primary language of the forum is French. Here is my first post in fluid *ahem* French. 
L'eau. Il pleut.
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum