Who Can You See Malky Going For In Terms Of Transfers In Summer?

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tans Tache
Tans Tache
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 22790
Posting Flair : 760

PostTans Tache Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:01 am

First topic message reminder :

Petee Crouch? Phil Neville? Charlie Austin? imo i think they are realistic signings

Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:26 pm

Blackburn worth plundering? Especially if they are playing league 1 football next season.

Last edited by Rhys on Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:27 pm

blundering?
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:28 pm

QPR should be looking to offload more if relegated...... coat
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 21200
Posting Flair : 1110

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:59 am

Blackburn would definitely be worth raiding but I'm sure half the Prem are already thinking the same!
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:23 am

Apparently City enquired about Sam Byram very recently, he's an attacking right back for Leeds who can also play right or central midfield. The Leeds journalist who tweeted it also said we were quoted £8million! He also mentioned centre back Tom Lees may be going and there were rumours about us bidding for him in January
Caldi Blue
Caldi Blue
Captain of Country
Captain of Country
User Points : 3884
Posting Flair : 540

PostCaldi Blue Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:50 am

The very fact Blackburn are where they are would suggest their players probably aren't good enough for the Premier League. I know they've had problems with managers, but the players have been poor.
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:00 am

Caldi Blue wrote:The very fact Blackburn are where they are would suggest their players probably aren't good enough for the Premier League. I know they've had problems with managers, but the players have been poor.

I think the players are good...Scott Dann, Marcus and Martin Olsson, Jordan Rhodes, Adam Henley and Colin Kazim Richards could all play in the Prem. But if you worked for a company where the owners didn't give a flying s**t or have a clue about what you did, repeatedly fired your bosses (who you may like), install another clueless bloke who insults your work friends, you relocated to have the job and have to live in a crap town and all the customers hate you and your workmates you would probably not be making the same effort you would if you were in a more rewarding job. Such a shame for a team that won the Prem in 1995.
NN2Red2
NN2Red2
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1617
Posting Flair : 80

PostNN2Red2 Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:37 pm

STOKE CITY

I don't understand the "Crouch Love in" - he's not getting that many goals in a side designed to play hoof ball who are currently in free fall. Also, every side he's played for seems to get drawn in to long ball tactics when he is on the pitch. I would prefer Cameron Jerome or Jonathan Walters (although if he really is on £2.75m he might be way out of our league) If Stoke are actually relegated, Ryan Shawcross or Robert Huth could both slip nicely into the defense (or is that "nastily!" Who Can You See Malky Going For In Terms Of Transfers In Summer? - Page 2 692773407 )
Uwe Seeler made me cry
Uwe Seeler made me cry
Academy Player
User Points : 227
Posting Flair : 30

PostUwe Seeler made me cry Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:01 pm

My son used to love watching players warm up but it used to bore me. Once saw Crouch warm up for Soton and he was great to watch - very skilful and applied himself so well. Never understood why he hasn't done better - poor advice on transfers? Don't know but I rate him
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:02 pm

NN2Red2 wrote:STOKE CITY

I don't understand the "Crouch Love in" - he's not getting that many goals in a side designed to play hoof ball who are currently in free fall. Also, every side he's played for seems to get drawn in to long ball tactics when he is on the pitch. I would prefer Cameron Jerome or Jonathan Walters (although if he really is on £2.75m he might be way out of our league) If Stoke are actually relegated, Ryan Shawcross or Robert Huth could both slip nicely into the defense (or is that "nastily!" Who Can You See Malky Going For In Terms Of Transfers In Summer? - Page 2 692773407 )

Exactly the point. Crouch is wasted at Stoke and would be far, far more effective in City's passing game. He is an intelligent, skillful footballer, born to play the lone striker role. I can see him being attracted by the style we play and the potential of the club.
Uwe Seeler made me cry
Uwe Seeler made me cry
Academy Player
User Points : 227
Posting Flair : 30

PostUwe Seeler made me cry Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:44 pm

A few years ago Crouch and Bellers would have been an incredible combo.

You can see why he doesn't score many at Stoke. For a start he hardly ever gets to play 90 minutes and then gets the long ball. The key to understanding him is that he prefers it played to feet. You have to ignore him being 6.7 and focus on his skill eg goals from flicks and volleys

Caldi Blue
Caldi Blue
Captain of Country
Captain of Country
User Points : 3884
Posting Flair : 540

PostCaldi Blue Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:55 pm

Slumdog's Son™ wrote:
Caldi Blue wrote:The very fact Blackburn are where they are would suggest their players probably aren't good enough for the Premier League. I know they've had problems with managers, but the players have been poor.

I think the players are good...Scott Dann, Marcus and Martin Olsson, Jordan Rhodes, Adam Henley and Colin Kazim Richards could all play in the Prem. But if you worked for a company where the owners didn't give a flying s**t or have a clue about what you did, repeatedly fired your bosses (who you may like), install another clueless bloke who insults your work friends, you relocated to have the job and have to live in a crap town and all the customers hate you and your workmates you would probably not be making the same effort you would if you were in a more rewarding job. Such a shame for a team that won the Prem in 1995.

Yeh, fair enough.
NN2Red2
NN2Red2
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1617
Posting Flair : 80

PostNN2Red2 Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:20 pm

Actually, I agree with the overall sentiment about Peter Crouch; I saw him play for Southampton against Everton and even though he scored a great header, he's not actually that good at heading the ball and gives too many free kicks away. He is a skillful player but has become a journeyman playing for clubs the length and breadth of the land. Good ones too; so why is he always shipped out?
Play to feet; unfortunately, at 6.7 he seems to mesmerize colleagues into a long ball game when he's on the pitch.
And if Jonathan Walters is on £2.75m, what's PC on with nearly a goal every other game for England?
Kate
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1754
Posting Flair : 220

PostKate Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:59 pm

Caer y Glyn wrote:This is new territory for Malky as much as it is for us. The summer transfer dealings present brand new challenges for him if we get into the PL. the budget available, the type and quality of player, what he does with a squad of championship players.....its all brand new for Malky. Do i think he's got his plans in place? Yes. Do i trust him? Yes. Will he get every decision right? No.
Is this the most brilliant time to be a Cardiff City fan? Absolutely.
If we get things right in the next few weeks this summer will be the most exciting ever!

Who Can You See Malky Going For In Terms Of Transfers In Summer? - Page 2 833362651 Who Can You See Malky Going For In Terms Of Transfers In Summer? - Page 2 3874419067 Who Can You See Malky Going For In Terms Of Transfers In Summer? - Page 2 833362651
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:42 pm

NN2Red2 wrote:Actually, I agree with the overall sentiment about Peter Crouch; I saw him play for Southampton against Everton and even though he scored a great header, he's not actually that good at heading the ball and gives too many free kicks away. He is a skillful player but has become a journeyman playing for clubs the length and breadth of the land. Good ones too; so why is he always shipped out?
Play to feet; unfortunately, at 6.7 he seems to mesmerize colleagues into a long ball game when he's on the pitch.
And if Jonathan Walters is on £2.75m, what's PC on with nearly a goal every other game for England?

Well, he is 31/32 now and as you say hasn't been prolific at Stoke.......we shall see.....
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum