Who Can You See Malky Going For In Terms Of Transfers In Summer?

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tans Tache
Tans Tache
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 22790
Posting Flair : 760

PostTans Tache Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:01 am

Petee Crouch? Phil Neville? Charlie Austin? imo i think they are realistic signings
Tans Tache
Tans Tache
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 22790
Posting Flair : 760

PostTans Tache Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:03 am

Who Can You See Malky Going For In Terms Of Transfers In Summer? 692773407 petee crouch, must be from same brand as gordan mitch
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:42 am

Crouch is top of my wish list and Neville would be a useful squad player. Austin untried at Premiership and probably no better than what we have already.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:45 am

Crouch with Campbell, Crouch with Maynard, Crouch with Bellamy, Crouch with Mason = goals galore......GO GET 'IM MALKY...... Who Can You See Malky Going For In Terms Of Transfers In Summer? 1525230823
Toast Boy
Toast Boy
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 7697
Posting Flair : 830

PostToast Boy Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:48 am

Malky seems to like to have experienced options so Crouch and Neville would definitely fit the bill.

If they have a Watford, Norwich or West Ham connection then all the better coat
R-DONO
R-DONO
Captain of Country
Captain of Country
User Points : 7195
Posting Flair : 490

PostR-DONO Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:03 am

Peter Crouch would look brilliant in our Development Squad
davewebber65
davewebber65
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 11984
Posting Flair : 290

Postdavewebber65 Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:18 am

like him but would crouch go for a welsh club
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:20 am

davewebber65 wrote:like him but would crouch go for a welsh club

Don't see why not...........we play in red, as have most of his previous clubs.
davewebber65
davewebber65
National Legend
National Legend

Postdavewebber65 Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:22 am

if we do go up i would want a serious talk with mm, because the last 10 matches have made me seriously think about him. would want some money spent on serious defenders, like the one we should have bought in january. go for a quality winger
Caer y Glyn
Caer y Glyn
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1927
Posting Flair : 70

PostCaer y Glyn Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:19 am

I suspect vincent tan will want a few marquee signings to befit his strategy of promoting the club in the far east
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:26 am

Who do we need, and who I think we'll get are two different answers.

Who we need -
I have my fingers, arms, toes, legs and everything else I possibly
Can crossed that Malky doesn't inexplicably assume our defence is just fine again and not bother bringing in anymore defenders. Regardless of how Malky's end of season report card looks, not strengthening there in January will go down as one of the stupidest decisions any manager this side of the championship table made all season. Lets hope he's learnt from it, and we see a top quality centre back to rival Hudson and Turner, the same for Taylor at left back, and a straight replacement for McNaughton.

I'd then echo the sentiments of everyone else and say we need a pure target man like Crouch, but also point out we need a *proper* right winger. Noone, Bellamy and Conway are all fighting for the left position and as such one of them has tended to have to take the right side instead, and while not exactly a weakness it can hardly be called a strength either. I'd give my right arm for Nathan Redmond, because I feel him tearing down the right and Noone on the left is a wing combination that could do some real damage next season.

Who we might actually get -
Confidence is still knocked in Malky and his stubborn refusal to pay over the value. I'd rather pay an inflated price for a player that will get the job done then get ourselves another Helguson-esque bargain that's knackered by January. Redmond may still be in touch even if Malky is stubborn simply because Birmingham are too desperate for cash to risk driving clubs away. Crouch though for example? If he was officially available I reckon a bidding ear would break out among the other premiership struggling teams, and I'm not convinced Malky will stick with his guns.
Toast Boy
Toast Boy
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 7697
Posting Flair : 830

PostToast Boy Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:13 am

I probably cut Malky more slack than a number of people on the defensive situation. Rumours abounded during January about players Malky might have been looking at and even bid for. Some of those were denied by the other club others weren't. The question is just how much over the odds should you pay for a player?

If Marshall was valued generally at £2M and a bid had come in during January for that amount but was turned down by us then how much should another side bid? If we told them he is not for sale should they keep bidding and offer £4M, £6M, £10M?

I don't really believe that Malky was not concerned about the defense and saw no need to strengthen it. I do think that he may have found certain doors shut in his face when enquiring about some players and with others was facing paying a vastly inflated fee where he would feel that he could almost certainly do better during the summer as a Premier team.

We may have been a little short of numbers defensively this season but the combinations used have by and large got the job done. We are on the verge of promotion and our defensive record through the season as a whole has been solid.

I know personally i would prefer to see a genuine Prem quality defender come in this summer than be stuck with an overpriced top end Championship defender that was bought in a panic. I suppose the proof of the pudding will be in how Malky now strengthens in that area during the summer and how they go on to perform.

Caer y Glyn
Caer y Glyn
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1927
Posting Flair : 70

PostCaer y Glyn Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:52 pm

This is new territory for Malky as much as it is for us. The summer transfer dealings present brand new challenges for him if we get into the PL. the budget available, the type and quality of player, what he does with a squad of championship players.....its all brand new for Malky. Do i think he's got his plans in place? Yes. Do i trust him? Yes. Will he get every decision right? No.
Is this the most brilliant time to be a Cardiff City fan? Absolutely.
If we get things right in the next few weeks this summer will be the most exciting ever!
davewebber65
davewebber65
National Legend
National Legend

Postdavewebber65 Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:27 pm

must agree with you red, assuming that funds were available we should have strengthened at left and centre back, plus a winger and dispensed with conway and noone/smith
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 21200
Posting Flair : 1110

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:52 pm

Funds were available in January but we were being quoted fees in excess of player value, meaning the return on invested capital wouldn't have made the signings feasible.

I could see return bids for Austin, Crouch (if Stoke are relegated), Jack Hunt plus some of the lesser known players, like Virgil Van Dijk and the young Dutch right winger we looked at along with Newcastle
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum