Caldi Blue
Caldi Blue
Captain of Country
Captain of Country
User Points : 3884
Posting Flair : 540

PostCaldi Blue Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:25 am

First topic message reminder :

Doing alright aren't we, already done better than this forum...

http://thebluebirdsnest.roflforum.net/f2-main-messageboard

11 shy of 200 members is a decent start too. Keep it up lads (and Wolfy).

•••••••™
•••••••™
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 6591
Posting Flair : 303

Post•••••••™ Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:26 am

I am convinced this board will do well, because we are backed by the majority opinion. We are looking forwards not backwards. It's a numbers game from here on in, and some other message boards will look a bit silly if they suddenly change their stances now.

Besides we've got pictures, videos and TV repair advice 7 days since the first post - Page 2 833362651
Colonel Cardiffi
Colonel Cardiffi
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 10721
Posting Flair : 1193
https://social-media-posting.com

PostColonel Cardiffi Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:28 am

Rhys wrote:As long as we all keep posting I think people will continue to join us over the course of the season - tortoise wins the race and all that!

Not going to have the 'refresh at any moment for a new reply' thing going straight away but message boards tend to be at their quietest this time of year too!

But to have 189 users, 299 topics and 3896 posts in a week is not a bad start!

Thanks to everyone who has got involved so far btw!

Good point. We've managed to put together an already credible messageboard in the off-season. Fair enough there's been controversy this year (which is mostly covered in the separate re-brand forum!) so there's been talk of that, but we haven't had any signings to bang on about yet or two games a week to endlessly pick apart so frankly I'm amazed we're doing this well.

It's good that we have so many posters that share the sense of humour and intelligence that used to be prevalent on the CCMB so we can talk about diverse subjects whilst keeping it light enough to be fun, which is what I personally want from a messageboard. As long as posters are prepared to contribute rather than sit back and watch I think we'll continue to grow.

On second thought, f**k this, I'm flouncing off.

JB
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 8171
Posting Flair : 320

PostJB Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:28 am

Rhys wrote:Need to keep up the publicity that drives the current momentum...anyone fancy doing a naked charity calendar? Gwyn can be Mr December, you know, finish on a high like

7 days since the first post - Page 2 833362651 7 days since the first post - Page 2 833362651 7 days since the first post - Page 2 833362651 :laughingabit:
•••••••™
•••••••™
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 6591
Posting Flair : 303

Post•••••••™ Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:39 am

Our music threads are all that I ever dreamed a music thread should be ... absolutely awesome 7 days since the first post - Page 2 1525230823 7 days since the first post - Page 2 3210875682
NN2Red
NN2Red
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 396
Posting Flair : 50

PostNN2Red Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:17 pm

Colonel Cardiffi wrote:
Rhys wrote:As long as we all keep posting I think people will continue to join us over the course of the season - tortoise wins the race and all that!

Not going to have the 'refresh at any moment for a new reply' thing going straight away but message boards tend to be at their quietest this time of year too!

Good point. We've managed to put together an already credible messageboard in the off-season. Fair enough there's been controversy this year (which is mostly covered in the separate re-brand forum!) so there's been talk of that, but we haven't had any signings to bang on about yet or two games a week to endlessly pick apart so frankly I'm amazed we're doing this well.

It's good that we have so many posters that share the sense of humour and intelligence that used to be prevalent on the CCMB so we can talk about diverse subjects whilst keeping it light enough to be fun, which is what I personally want from a messageboard. As long as posters are prepared to contribute rather than sit back and watch I think we'll continue to grow.

Normally I wind down my access to CCMB over the summer; I have always enjoyed a break, there is cricket after all 7 days since the first post - Page 2 3210875682 as it helps build excitement for the new season.
However this year's fracas has changed everything, and it goes way beyond coloured shirts and badge design.
Those who believe that if the Malaysians simply changed back to the status quo we could all have a hug and trip off hand in hand down the yellow brick road have the intellectual capacity of the straw man.
Whilst we all have a common interest, Cardiff City Football Club, the changes encouraged people to expose their personal agendas and beliefs, much of which was very ugly and would have best remained hidden.
Pandora's box has been opened.

Which is why I posed the question about "Critical Mass Membership"; I think it is important that this board is a success.
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:27 pm

NN2Red wrote:
Colonel Cardiffi wrote:

Normally I wind down my access to CCMB over the summer; I have always enjoyed a break, there is cricket after all 7 days since the first post - Page 2 3210875682 as it helps build excitement for the new season.
However this year's fracas has changed everything, and it goes way beyond coloured shirts and badge design.
Those who believe that if the Malaysians simply changed back to the status quo we could all have a hug and trip off hand in hand down the yellow brick road have the intellectual capacity of the straw man.
Whilst we all have a common interest, Cardiff City Football Club, the changes encouraged people to expose their personal agendas and beliefs, much of which was very ugly and would have best remained hidden.
Pandora's box has been opened.

Which is why I posed the question about "Critical Mass Membership"; I think it is important that this board is a success.

Well said! I think what ••••••• said is spot on. We are looking forwards not backwards and it's a numbers game from here on in. Imagine if the other boards decided now to turn red? It would, sadly, cause a complete ruckus!

In regards to a 'critical mass' - I think as soon as we have enough posters on here so that when at any time of the day you can click refresh, their will be a new post - at that point I think we will be good! We're not quiet there yet, but not far of it imo.

As soon as new signings come in (and thus the rebranding infighting picks up again, as it inevitably will) and the season gets closer, I think our members list will only continue to grow! 7 days since the first post - Page 2 833362651

7 days since the first post - Page 2 3210875682
jaffa1
jaffa1
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 228
Posting Flair : 10

Postjaffa1 Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:33 pm

Rhys wrote:

Well said! I think what ••••••• said is spot on. We are looking forwards not backwards and it's a numbers game from here on in. Imagine if the other boards decided now to turn red? It would, sadly, cause a complete ruckus!

In regards to a 'critical mass' - I think as soon as we have enough posters on here so that when at any time of the day you can click refresh, their will be a new post - at that point I think we will be good! We're not quiet there yet, but not far of it imo.

As soon as new signings come in (and thus the rebranding infighting picks up again, as it inevitably will) and the season gets closer, I think our members list will only continue to grow! 7 days since the first post - Page 2 833362651

7 days since the first post - Page 2 3210875682

Saved for future ridicule ;-)
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostRhys Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:45 pm

Potentially setting myself up for a 'mare but it's definetely different this time because of the whole rebranding debacle
all skys are red
Academy Player
User Points : 36
Posting Flair : 0

Postall skys are red Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:51 am

•••••••™️ wrote:
Rhys wrote:Need to keep up the publicity that drives the current momentum...anyone fancy doing a naked charity calendar? Gwyn can be Mr December, you know, finish on a high like

I'll be Mr February ... the 'shortest' month Rolling Eyes

HaHa, least you are modest R/B Dots. laugh
all skys are red
Academy Player
User Points : 36
Posting Flair : 0

Postall skys are red Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:59 am

To be honest, this board is a breath of fresh air for me after all the infighting on the other two boards.
I have been on Mikes board from the start, mostly as a reader not a poster.

But because this board is new you dont feel like you will be shot down when you post.
Lets all keep posting, have a laugh, and support the City.

And I love the music threads with the videos, far to tech for me but ace to watch. Nice one all!! 7 days since the first post - Page 2 1499845164
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:24 am

all skys are red wrote:To be honest, this board is a breath of fresh air for me after all the infighting on the other two boards.
I have been on Mikes board from the start, mostly as a reader not a poster.

But because this board is new you dont feel like you will be shot down when you post.
Lets all keep posting, have a laugh, and support the City.

And I love the music threads with the videos, far to tech for me but ace to watch. Nice one all!! 7 days since the first post - Page 2 1499845164

^^^ This, exactly. Think I've posted more messages on here in a week than I did in 8 years of being a CCMB member. No disrespect intended, it's just a more open and reasonable forum here.
G-ster
G-ster
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 5923
Posting Flair : 460

PostG-ster Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:52 pm

This board is crying out for a resident conspiracy theory nutjob NFQAT.
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostRhys Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:58 pm

G-ster wrote:This board is crying out for a resident conspiracy theory nutjob NFQAT.

I could give it a go.

I do actually think everyone needs to wake and smell the coffee about the pentigon 'plane' crash on 9/11! It was clearly a US Government spy plane disguised as a commercial airline.

1. As it would have been impossible for a plane to pull the manoeuvres that it apparently did
2. There was actually no proper plane remains that were clearly that of a commerical plane (no seats, luggage etc that you would expect)
3. The plane so happened to crash into the only newly reinforced part of the penitgon (that destroyed file evidence of of billions of $'s that were missing)

I found this documentary convincing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBHi9CbrNf4

Wink

G-ster
G-ster
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 5923
Posting Flair : 460

PostG-ster Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:06 pm

Rhys wrote:
G-ster wrote:This board is crying out for a resident conspiracy theory nutjob NFQAT.

I could give it a go.

I do actually think everyone needs to wake and smell the coffee about the pentigon 'plane' crash on 9/11! It was clearly a US Government spy plane disguised as a commercial airline.

1. As it would have been impossible for a plane to pull the manoeuvres that it apparently did
2. There was actually no proper plane remains that were clearly that of a commerical plane (no seats, luggage etc that you would expect)
3. The plane so happened to crash into the only newly reinforced part of the penitgon (that destroyed file evidence of of billions of $'s that were missing)

Wink

Sorry, can't get youtube in work, but you're on the right track.

Though for genuine nutjob status you need to quote David Icke as a credible source and mention the illuminati.
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostRhys Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:38 am

G-ster wrote:
Rhys wrote:

I could give it a go.

Wink

Sorry, can't get youtube in work, but you're on the right track.

Though for genuine nutjob status you need to quote David Icke as a credible source and mention the illuminati.

That's the best I could muster!

I'll have to do some research into David Icke, he may be right about everything 7 days since the first post - Page 2 3392635135
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum