Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 21200
Posting Flair : 1110

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:12 pm

First topic message reminder :

Just thought I'd try and narrow this down a bit!

The firmest rumour seems to be that of Djibril Cisse. Everyone is claiming we have signed him on loan, with City paying £25,000 per week and QPR paying the rest. He's also the Bellamy link, as they played together at 'Pool and left at the same time. He's an eccentric character, but I think he would cause serious damage at this level. He scored almost a goal a game in the Greek top league and the standard probably isn't dissimilar, although he's struggled at QPR this season (but hasn't everyone?).

After Cisse, there was rumours of Darren Bent...but are Villa really going to contribute towards his £80,000 a week wages, as I'm sure we wouldn't pay the whole amount? And he isn't likely to take a drop in wages. Skybet dropped him from 16/1 to 5/1 for the move to City however. Dwight Gayle has now signed for Peterborough, so that rules that out. Charlie Austin will probably stay until the end of the season with Burnley or move to the Premiership, Danny Graham is wanted by Reading and Norwich and he doesn't want to drop a level. And West Brom's Chris Wood keeps popping up (ahem) and he's available for £1.5million, could be a good punt as apparently Dave Jones wants Velcro at Sheffield Wednesday.

Frank Lampard has been told to find another club, and Big Sam wants him back at West Ham, which sparked Twitter rumours we were after Kevin Nolan. And there was a lot of talk on that one and I, for one, would love to see us sign Nolan. Beckham and Giggs are probably a no, as Malky seems to have ruled both out...although you can never say never with VT I suppose!

At the back, there was talk of a £2million bid for Celtic's Emilio Izaguirre, although that's gone quiet now that Celtic are in the next round in the Champions League. This is more likely to happen at the end of the season when we go up. Derby have publicly stated that we are not talking to them about signing John Brayford, which means we probably are. Don't know much about him, but West Ham were interested as well. Back at QPR, where the Malaysian link is pretty strong and seems to be working well for us, Jose Bosingwa has been fined two weeks wages and 'Arry has said he may or may not play for the team again, sparking another Twitter loan rumour, similar to the one about Nedum Onuoha, although both of these look unlikely.

Either way it should be a pretty exciting January and any of the above players would have a massive impact.

Anything I've missed?

G-ster
G-ster
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 5923
Posting Flair : 460

PostG-ster Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:30 pm

Slumdog's Son wrote:New rumours: Marvin Sordell, Cameron Jerome due to sign for City very soon and Cardiff also talking to Niall MacGinn of Aberdeen, in addition to Jack Hunt of Huddersfield and David Vaughan of Sunderland.

Not sure about the fella from Aberdeen but any of the others would be great additions to the squad.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:38 pm

Slumdog's Son wrote:New rumours: Marvin Sordell, Cameron Jerome due to sign for City very soon and Cardiff also talking to Niall MacGinn of Aberdeen, in addition to Jack Hunt of Huddersfield and David Vaughan of Sunderland.

Sordell - Boo!
Jerome - Woo!
MacGinn - Who?
Hunt - Woo!
Vaughan - Do we need another CM?
Valley Trash
Valley Trash
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 19382
Posting Flair : 1933

PostValley Trash Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:43 pm

Red614 wrote:

Sordell - Boo!
Jerome - Woo!
MacGinn - Who?
Hunt - Woo!
Vaughan - Do we need another CM?

Out of all the rumours on this thread so far, if you could pick any 2 (and only 2) to come straight into the team, who would be your 2 picks Red?
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:48 pm

MacGinn has 14 goals in 19 games for Aberdeen, can't sniff at that. I'd still be lying I I said if ever heard of him before this thread though.

And if I was picking two to go into the squad next game, it would be Jerome and Hunt. We need a new right back and Hunt is promising and young, could suit is well for a long time. And Jerome is proven at this level and beyond, no adjustment problems to worry about.

Must be said though that's different to who is genuinely want to sign if I forgot those fears. I'd have Finnbogason instead of Jerome in that case, but he could need some adjustment. And, If I'm honest, I'm not sure we're going to get him.
Valley Trash
Valley Trash
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 19382
Posting Flair : 1933

PostValley Trash Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:08 pm

I think we need to be risk adverse right now... No point signing 'potential' with one eye on the premiership... We gotta get there first... So proven ability for me.... I agree with your picks but would prefer Hunt and Austin...

I hope Brayford comes as well!
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:36 pm

Valley Trash wrote:I think we need to be risk adverse right now... No point signing 'potential' with one eye on the premiership... We gotta get there first... So proven ability for me.... I agree with your picks but would prefer Hunt and Austin...

I hope Brayford comes as well!

I wouldn't be surprised if were trying to sign both. Hunt is a quality young full back or right sided midfielder whereas Brayford can play anywhere along the back four meaning Lappin could go back to Norwich.

I wouldn't be surprised if we brought a lot of strikers in...just because we already have players here doesn't mean Malky isn't ruthless enough to discard them or drop them for the remainder of the season.

And Jerome may well be our get-out clause should the first choices like Finnbogasson and any others you care to mention slip away. He's a lazy b@stard but with the amount of chances we create he would be hammering them in
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:44 pm

The list gets longer but the activity remains nil.

So who are we signing? - Page 4 3392635135
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:59 pm

Jerome is indeed very very lazy, thus why he is my 'safe option' as opposed to who I'd really want. I'm not fussy on Beric, he's a very decent support striker but that's not the role we're looking for. We're looking for a striker that is a finisher, that can be given a ball in the box and he'll blast it into the corner. We create plenty of chances, but Helguson in particular has been guilty of spoiling them. A striker that when given a clean shot on goal will score more often then he will miss could genuinely make us unstoppable.

On paper, Finnbogason.
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:52 am

Sky Sports now stating that we are close to Sordell deal
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostArkay Dubya Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:08 am

Strong talk on the interweb of a Jerome coming back as Stoke try to raise funds for a Bent bid, so to speak.

I remember when we had him before, he was quick and strong but didn't always finish well and tended to disappear in some games. Think he might be a better option than Sordell and with Bellers giving him a regular kick up the arse, he might just find his scoring boots in the Championship.

Any other thoughts? (preferably not involving crayons, Trash)
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:22 am

So who are we signing? - Page 4 692773407
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:26 am

Jerome is apparently heading to Cardiff tomorrow to sort out a deal with his agent. The number being thrown around is 4 million fee.

Too much, in my opinion. Why he's my preferred 'safe' option is rather someone more exciting show up first.
Kamuza
Kamuza
International Call-Up
International Call-Up
User Points : 4084
Posting Flair : 832

PostKamuza Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:37 am

I wonder if the Jerome information has slipped out because another target's agent or club is holding out for a few extra bucks and we are trying to force a decision by letting ti be known we are ready to go elsewhere.

I want Fingobsen but Jermoe has never fulfilled his potential and maybe Malky and Bellamy can get him there.
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostArkay Dubya Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:44 am

Kamuza wrote:I wonder if the Jerome information has slipped out because another target's agent or club is holding out for a few extra bucks and we are trying to force a decision by letting ti be known we are ready to go elsewhere.

I want Fingobsen but Jermoe has never fulfilled his potential and maybe Malky and Bellamy can get him there.

That's my thought. If he was coming back under Jones (even though he played well under him first time) I wouldn't be all that hopeful but with the current setup and team ethic, I think he might prosper. That's the hope, anyways. Let's also hope he doesn't do his cruciate after three games though, eh? So who are we signing? - Page 4 2854552383

Oh, I've gone and said it now... coat
Kamuza
Kamuza
International Call-Up
International Call-Up
User Points : 4084
Posting Flair : 832

PostKamuza Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:56 am

Arkay v2.0 wrote: Let's also hope he doesn't do his cruciate after three games though, eh? So who are we signing? - Page 4 2854552383

Oh, I've gone and said it now... coat

That's the way bad luck works. Maynard has suffered the nastiest injury we've had in seasons, you just know it'll happen to his replacement. If Maynard had stayed fit, I honestly think we'd be more than 10 points clear.

Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum