Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 21200
Posting Flair : 1110

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:12 pm

First topic message reminder :

Just thought I'd try and narrow this down a bit!

The firmest rumour seems to be that of Djibril Cisse. Everyone is claiming we have signed him on loan, with City paying £25,000 per week and QPR paying the rest. He's also the Bellamy link, as they played together at 'Pool and left at the same time. He's an eccentric character, but I think he would cause serious damage at this level. He scored almost a goal a game in the Greek top league and the standard probably isn't dissimilar, although he's struggled at QPR this season (but hasn't everyone?).

After Cisse, there was rumours of Darren Bent...but are Villa really going to contribute towards his £80,000 a week wages, as I'm sure we wouldn't pay the whole amount? And he isn't likely to take a drop in wages. Skybet dropped him from 16/1 to 5/1 for the move to City however. Dwight Gayle has now signed for Peterborough, so that rules that out. Charlie Austin will probably stay until the end of the season with Burnley or move to the Premiership, Danny Graham is wanted by Reading and Norwich and he doesn't want to drop a level. And West Brom's Chris Wood keeps popping up (ahem) and he's available for £1.5million, could be a good punt as apparently Dave Jones wants Velcro at Sheffield Wednesday.

Frank Lampard has been told to find another club, and Big Sam wants him back at West Ham, which sparked Twitter rumours we were after Kevin Nolan. And there was a lot of talk on that one and I, for one, would love to see us sign Nolan. Beckham and Giggs are probably a no, as Malky seems to have ruled both out...although you can never say never with VT I suppose!

At the back, there was talk of a £2million bid for Celtic's Emilio Izaguirre, although that's gone quiet now that Celtic are in the next round in the Champions League. This is more likely to happen at the end of the season when we go up. Derby have publicly stated that we are not talking to them about signing John Brayford, which means we probably are. Don't know much about him, but West Ham were interested as well. Back at QPR, where the Malaysian link is pretty strong and seems to be working well for us, Jose Bosingwa has been fined two weeks wages and 'Arry has said he may or may not play for the team again, sparking another Twitter loan rumour, similar to the one about Nedum Onuoha, although both of these look unlikely.

Either way it should be a pretty exciting January and any of the above players would have a massive impact.

Anything I've missed?

Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:19 am

The Sun are saying that we want to sign Lappin on a permanent deal. Quote from Malky "He's a smashing lad". He's due to go back to Norwich on the 2nd.

Hard to judge really as we only saw one game from him and at least he would provide cover So who are we signing? - Page 3 3392635135
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:57 am

He can't be that good, I don't rate Taylor that highly and Lappin is his understudy!
thewelshfella
thewelshfella
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 7013
Posting Flair : 200

Postthewelshfella Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:25 am

Looking at QPR today apart from Mackie I wouldn't want any of them.
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:36 am

thewelshfella wrote:Looking at QPR today apart from Mackie I wouldn't want any of them.

I would take Onuoha. I still think he has a lot of potential and he's strong, he would fit into our centre half mould well. But I think with Cisse still scoring the odd goal they may be reluctant to let him go before the end of the season.

I still think Bent could be a surprise signing...he's dropping out of favour like a stone at Villa and the attraction for all parties involved is that he could sign on loan, we would split his wages with Villa and if we go up it becomes permanent. That way he would only spend a couple of months in the Championship, a division he would rip apart.
thewelshfella
thewelshfella
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 7013
Posting Flair : 200

Postthewelshfella Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:08 am

I agree that Onuoha is a good player and I didnt really think about him when I posted. I think all 3 of them players are way to high profile for Cardiff and tbh even if City could afford there wages that doesnt mean any of them would want to drop down a division and come here,dont want to sound doom and gloom but I just dont see it happening with any one of them tbh.

Malky even said himself that some of the names going around are laughable.I really was hoping it was them but after Malky said that on City player I knew we had no chance.

Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:39 pm

I'd take Taarabt too if we're talking about ANY of their squad welshfella So who are we signing? - Page 3 692773407

Lappin, in getting sent off and doing nothing else got a bit of a negative vibe around him. But he is a good player and it's not fair to say he's 'not as good as Taylor' just because Taylor is the first choice left back. You choose your own players over loan signings whenever possible, it just makes sense. Your loan signing no matter what the outcome of the match will be on his way to someone else's club soon, but Taylor is here to stay. Who would you rather have playing first team and getting the experience because of it, our real left back or one who doesn't even belong to us? If Lappin is however coming permenantly that may change things, at least in the fact Taylor would then definetely have someone on his shoulder to make sure he gives 100% everytime. As Kazuma so rightly said in his ratings, while his performances are improving he is still prone to these 'brain farts' that on another day would start costing us points. It would be interesting if they still happen as frequently once he knows someone is breathing down his neck for the place.
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:02 am

New rumour is that we are trying to sign Jack Hunt from Huddersfield. The rumour came from a Huddersfield related twitter account and has been on some rumour sites.

The other biggie doing the rounds is Aaron Ramsey on loan which was mentioned on RBMB earlier today.
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:13 am

Oh and take this with a pinch of salt...Jamie Carragher. It is seriously on Twitter.
Tans Tache
Tans Tache
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 22790
Posting Flair : 760

PostTans Tache Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:43 am

The thing is ppl will actually believe these rumours too So who are we signing? - Page 3 692773407
:
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:20 am

Well Carragher has openly stated he will never play for another club and will probably retire at the end of the season, so I'm unsure why he would like his last few months to be anywhere other than Liverpool.

Ramsey however could be sparked back into form and confidence by the move which makes it a possibility, as he currently spends his time being booed by Arsenal fans.
JB
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 8171
Posting Flair : 320

PostJB Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:29 am

Bent prefers shopping to playing football but if buying Malky handbags improves dressing room morale then im all for it tbh.
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:50 am

So who are we signing? - Page 3 692773407
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:10 am

Frazier Campbell's contract is apparently up at the end of the season. So the £7 million quoted by someone must be very far of the mark. He has been told to leave so I would expect it to be for a lot less than that.
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:24 am

Sunderland fans are now saying on Twitter we want David Vaughan, I've always thought he's a good, under-rated player
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:21 pm

New rumours: Marvin Sordell, Cameron Jerome due to sign for City very soon and Cardiff also talking to Niall MacGinn of Aberdeen, in addition to Jack Hunt of Huddersfield and David Vaughan of Sunderland.
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum