View previous topic View next topic Go down

Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 21200
Posting Flair : 1110

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:12 pm

Just thought I'd try and narrow this down a bit!

The firmest rumour seems to be that of Djibril Cisse. Everyone is claiming we have signed him on loan, with City paying £25,000 per week and QPR paying the rest. He's also the Bellamy link, as they played together at 'Pool and left at the same time. He's an eccentric character, but I think he would cause serious damage at this level. He scored almost a goal a game in the Greek top league and the standard probably isn't dissimilar, although he's struggled at QPR this season (but hasn't everyone?).

After Cisse, there was rumours of Darren Bent...but are Villa really going to contribute towards his £80,000 a week wages, as I'm sure we wouldn't pay the whole amount? And he isn't likely to take a drop in wages. Skybet dropped him from 16/1 to 5/1 for the move to City however. Dwight Gayle has now signed for Peterborough, so that rules that out. Charlie Austin will probably stay until the end of the season with Burnley or move to the Premiership, Danny Graham is wanted by Reading and Norwich and he doesn't want to drop a level. And West Brom's Chris Wood keeps popping up (ahem) and he's available for £1.5million, could be a good punt as apparently Dave Jones wants Velcro at Sheffield Wednesday.

Frank Lampard has been told to find another club, and Big Sam wants him back at West Ham, which sparked Twitter rumours we were after Kevin Nolan. And there was a lot of talk on that one and I, for one, would love to see us sign Nolan. Beckham and Giggs are probably a no, as Malky seems to have ruled both out...although you can never say never with VT I suppose!

At the back, there was talk of a £2million bid for Celtic's Emilio Izaguirre, although that's gone quiet now that Celtic are in the next round in the Champions League. This is more likely to happen at the end of the season when we go up. Derby have publicly stated that we are not talking to them about signing John Brayford, which means we probably are. Don't know much about him, but West Ham were interested as well. Back at QPR, where the Malaysian link is pretty strong and seems to be working well for us, Jose Bosingwa has been fined two weeks wages and 'Arry has said he may or may not play for the team again, sparking another Twitter loan rumour, similar to the one about Nedum Onuoha, although both of these look unlikely.

Either way it should be a pretty exciting January and any of the above players would have a massive impact.

Anything I've missed?
bobbysauce
bobbysauce
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 440
Posting Flair : 90

Postbobbysauce Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:30 pm

Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:35 pm

bobbysauce wrote:Nice summary!

One more:

Alfred Finnbogason

http://www.ccmb.co.uk/fudforum/index.php?t=msg&th=344728&start=0&rid=5410

He looks good, 16 games played and 14 goals!
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:39 am

Nolan is a thug, to use a cliche he isn't a 'Malky type' player at all.

Pick of the bunch for me is Chris Wood. Banging them in at an impressive level even with millwall's lack of talent, he could be profilific for us. Also, at 6 foot 3 he's much more of a physical presence than Helguson can put out.
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:18 am

Red614 wrote:Nolan is a thug, to use a cliche he isn't a 'Malky type' player at all.

Pick of the bunch for me is Chris Wood. Banging them in at an impressive level even with millwall's lack of talent, he could be profilific for us. Also, at 6 foot 3 he's much more of a physical presence than Helguson can put out.

Nolan is a cynical player who chips away at the opposition, which makes him similar to our very own Craig Bellamy. He is well acclimatised to football at this level and the Premiership and is an excellent box-to-box player. Although a different player to Whitts he is just as influential in games and would stop our over-reliance on Whittingham and perhaps give him a nudge.
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:22 am

Nice work Slumdog, have some Christmas flair.

I agree with both of you, Nolan would be a good signing but I also don't like him. Nasty bit of work. I can't see that transfer happening though.

Chris Wood would be a great shout but I can imagine most other clubs will be thinking that too - including Millwall!
SteWells
SteWells
Team Captain
Team Captain
User Points : 1655
Posting Flair : 100

PostSteWells Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:32 am

I fucking hate Kevin Nolan. Plus, I don't think we need another midfielder. What we need is defenders!
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:35 am

I think we are guaranteed to sign some defenders. That's a no-brainer. I hate Kevin Nolan as well, but he gets results and would help us out no end. I would be happy to see us sign him.
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostArkay Dubya Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:44 am

Right, so, it won't be Chris Wood then.

http://www.newsatden.co.uk/10762-millwall-loanee-wood-agrees-to-sign-for-rivals-leicester.html?

The silver lining to that is that he won't play against us on Saturday and that Leicester might very well fulfil my prediction of going up auto.

Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:53 am

Arkay v2.0 wrote:Right, so, it won't be Chris Wood then.

http://www.newsatden.co.uk/10762-millwall-loanee-wood-agrees-to-sign-for-rivals-leicester.html?

The silver lining to that is that he won't play against us on Saturday and that Leicester might very well fulfil my prediction of going up auto.

Well Arkay you have dampened my mood with that news you party pooper.

You could always make it up to me with news of Cardiff signing Lavezzi from Paris-SG?
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostArkay Dubya Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:58 am

Slumdog's Son wrote:

You could always make it up to me with news of Cardiff signing Lavezzi from Paris-SG?

Lavezzi? No way. Falcao on the other hand...

Oh sorry, wrong one So who are we signing? 2854552383
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:01 am

Arkay v2.0 wrote:
Slumdog's Son wrote:

Lavezzi? No way. Falcao on the other hand...

Oh sorry, wrong one So who are we signing? 2854552383

ARKAY!

So who are we signing? 904430666
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostArkay Dubya Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:06 am

coat
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:20 am

Watching MOTD at the minute and Djibril Cisse has scored, yet Darren Bent didn't feature yet again in a Villa team that's dropping faster than Audley Harrison in a boxing ring. Is Bent a more likely choice? I'd be ecstatic but would it happen?
*** G L O V E S ***
*** G L O V E S ***
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 8492
Posting Flair : 721
http://danlewis92.weebly.com/

Post*** G L O V E S *** Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:50 am

Slumdog's Son wrote:Watching MOTD at the minute and Djibril Cisse has scored, yet Darren Bent didn't feature yet again in a Villa team that's dropping faster than Audley Harrison in a boxing ring. Is Bent a more likely choice? I'd be ecstatic but would it happen?

Bent's injured I believe. I know he wasn't starting every game, but would be shocked if they let him go after splashing out an absolute s**t load on him.
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum