Tans Tache
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 22790
Posting Flair : 760

PostTans Tache Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:50 pm

CEO Simon Lim promises promotion push cash for high flying Cardiff City

by Terry PhillipsOct 25 2012

Simon Lim, Cardiff City’s acting chief executive, last night pledged money will be available to boost the club’s promotion push in January.

Lim met with key supporters last night and during a two-hour meetingassured them:

Manager Malky Mackay will be given the backing to strengthen his squad in January – if that is what he wants.

Vincent Tan’s commitment to the club is growing – and he is attending more matches.

Chairman Dato Chan Tien Ghee is also committed long-term and Lim believes there will be no changes to the board.

He says the Bluebird will remain on City’s badge and traditional blue will continue as City’s away kit.

Malaysian Lim met with a group of 10 fans, representing organisations including Cardiff City Supporters Club and the Supporters Trust.

He was appointed finance director last month with Doug Lee leaving that role and was then installed as acting chief executive in place of Alan Whiteley. Echo columnist Ankles was among the supporters invited to the meeting and he said: “It was a relaxed meeting.

“We outlined concerns that the rebranding would go even further and explained that many of us had backed Vincent Tan’s plans, but that there was a tipping point.

“He told us the Bluebird is staying on the club badge and the blue away kit will continue to be used. Simon Lim also promised to take our comments to the board and report back to us.”

Lim did not want to comment on the ‘sensitive’ Langston issue, but did outline the club’s three main priorities.

“He is keen to stabilise things at the club following some staff changes, help the manager in his quest to lead Cardiff City to the Premier League and then stay there,” said Ankles.

“Simon Lim was asked about the need for City’s squad to be strengthened in January. He told us those decisions were for manager Malky Mackay, but if he did want to strengthen then he would have Vincent Tan’s full backing.”

It was revealed that City spent £12m on transfers for this season, part of the investment Tan has made in Mackay’s squad.

Lim told the fans that Tan is spending a lot of time travelling to watch the Bluebirds. He was at Nottingham Forest and watched City win 2-1 against Watford this week.

“Simon Lim told us Vincent Tan is becoming more and more involved,” said Ankles

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballnation/cardiff-city/cardiff-city-fc/2012/10/25/91466-32100049/?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thats good news... Malky said a while bk that the teams that spend in january get promoted.. all i hope is that like previous seasons we end up doing well up until december/january and balls it all up.. and end up in playoffs - for me personally (i dont know about u guys) it HAS to be automatic... Playoffs would be unacceptable IMO
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 21200
Posting Flair : 1110

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:01 pm

I don't care how we go up. Playoffs are actually more lucrative so although it would be more nerve racking you would have more in the bank if you go through them.

Investment in January is excellent, as new faces would be added to Velikonja, Kim and Kiss who haven't featured but are bound to post Xmas. Only Blackburn will be able to compete with that, assuming they have stabilised by then
Tans Tache
Tans Tache
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 22790
Posting Flair : 760

PostTans Tache Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:04 pm

Slumdog's Son wrote:I don't care how we go up. Playoffs are actually more lucrative so although it would be more nerve racking you would have more in the bank if you go through them.

Investment in January is excellent, as new faces would be added to Velikonja, Kim and Kiss who haven't featured but are bound to post Xmas. Only Blackburn will be able to compete with that, assuming they have stabilised by then

I Cant see blackburn Nor Bolton Going bk up this season TBH
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:29 pm

Vinnie Tans Tache wrote:CEO Simon Lim promises promotion push cash for high flying Cardiff City

Simon Lim, Cardiff City’s acting chief executive, last night pledged money will be available to boost the club’s promotion push in January.

Lim met with key supporters last night and during a two-hour meetingassured them:

Manager Malky Mackay will be given the backing to strengthen his squad in January – if that is what he wants.

Vincent Tan’s commitment to the club is growing – and he is attending more matches.

Chairman Dato Chan Tien Ghee is also committed long-term and Lim believes there will be no changes to the board.

He says the Bluebird will remain on City’s badge and traditional blue will continue as City’s away kit.

Malaysian Lim met with a group of 10 fans, representing organisations including Cardiff City Supporters Club and the Supporters Trust.

He was appointed finance director last month with Doug Lee leaving that role and was then installed as acting chief executive in place of Alan Whiteley. Echo columnist Ankles was among the supporters invited to the meeting and he said: “It was a relaxed meeting.

“We outlined concerns that the rebranding would go even further and explained that many of us had backed Vincent Tan’s plans, but that there was a tipping point.

“He told us the Bluebird is staying on the club badge and the blue away kit will continue to be used. Simon Lim also promised to take our comments to the board and report back to us.”

Lim did not want to comment on the ‘sensitive’ Langston issue, but did outline the club’s three main priorities.

“He is keen to stabilise things at the club following some staff changes, help the manager in his quest to lead Cardiff City to the Premier League and then stay there,” said Ankles.

“Simon Lim was asked about the need for City’s squad to be strengthened in January. He told us those decisions were for manager Malky Mackay, but if he did want to strengthen then he would have Vincent Tan’s full backing.”

It was revealed that City spent £12m on transfers for this season, part of the investment Tan has made in Mackay’s squad.

Lim told the fans that Tan is spending a lot of time travelling to watch the Bluebirds. He was at Nottingham Forest and watched City win 2-1 against Watford this week.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballnation/cardiff-city/cardiff-city-fc/2012/10/25/91466-32100049/?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thats good news... Malky said a while bk that the teams that spend in january get promoted.. all i hope is that like previous seasons we end up doing well up until december/january and balls it all up.. and end up in playoffs - for me personally (i dont know about u guys) it HAS to be automatic... Playoffs would be unacceptable IMO

More Money To Spend In January 692773407

Watching the highlights of the game on city player was quite encouraging - VT was there celebrating like a proper fan when the goals went in.

For my mental sanity, I would be a lot more comfortable with an automatic position - I just hope we don't balls this up. There is a long way to go to be honest - I will be a lot happier if we are still top 2 by crimbo.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:42 pm

If we indeed have a second war chest available in January, I feel for Malky. We already have a squad good enough for promotion, a second war chest should guarantee all other teams would have nightmares for weeks leading up to playing us. The reason I feel for Malky is its looking increasingly likely that If promotion is NOT achieved, he's going to be the sole reason. Hell of a lot of pressure, but also a situation most managers would give their first born away to have at their own club.
G-ster
G-ster
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 5923
Posting Flair : 460

PostG-ster Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:26 pm

There needs to be an alternative to the sloth-like Helguson up front.

Why hasn't Velikonja been given a chance?
He looked promising in pre-season.
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:04 pm

Clearly Malky doesn't rate him.

Will Etien, along with Kim, become Citys most expensive flops ever.

Nearly half the money spent in the summer was used on these two and they haven't played a full competitive game between them. It shouts incompetence to me.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:48 pm

I think calling Velikonja a flop is unfair, likewise with Kim. Yes he was impressive and scored in pre season but the key word there is pre season. Pressure is off, it's a completely different scenario in the real season. While its disappointing it does make sense to adapt him slowly and let the stalwart Helguson take the lead, as opposed to throwing him in the deep end and have our results become suspicious.
Dr_Socks
Dr_Socks
Team Captain
Team Captain
User Points : 989
Posting Flair : 110

PostDr_Socks Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:51 pm

deffo need to bring another Striker in the same vein as the injured Nicky Maynard, even if its a Star Loan player for the duration of the season.

I see Cameron Jerome may be going to Blackburn on loan, would have been ideal for us.
JB
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 8171
Posting Flair : 320

PostJB Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:46 am

Why break a winning formula? Mutch and Whittingham have been great. Noone on the left and Bellamy playing there too. Smith on the other wing has been awesome so it would be stupid to change it now.
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:04 am

Should we start hoping for a (minor) injury to Helengustyson or is that a bit much?
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:18 am

Arkay v2.0 wrote:Should we start hoping for a (minor) injury to Helengustyson or is that a bit much?

You'd want our only striker to currently score out of action? That's crazy talk in my opinion. I hope Malky sees sense and knows we definetely need another striker to offer partnership/competition with Helguson, but if that requires us to have another injury, I'd rather it be Gestede.
Valley Trash
Valley Trash
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 19382
Posting Flair : 1933

PostValley Trash Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:37 am

Rhys wrote:
Vinnie Tans Tache wrote:CEO Simon Lim promises promotion push cash for high flying Cardiff City

More Money To Spend In January 692773407

Watching the highlights of the game on city player was quite encouraging - VT was there celebrating like a proper fan when the goals went in.

This couldn't possibly be the actions of a man who is concerned that he may have spunked away 100 million if they don't go up More Money To Spend In January 692773407
Valley Trash
Valley Trash
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 19382
Posting Flair : 1933

PostValley Trash Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:38 am

Red614 wrote:
Arkay v2.0 wrote:Should we start hoping for a (minor) injury to Helengustyson or is that a bit much?

You'd want our only striker to currently score out of action? That's crazy talk in my opinion. I hope Malky sees sense and knows we definetely need another striker to offer partnership/competition with Helguson, but if that requires us to have another injury, I'd rather it be Gestede.

#bringmillerhome
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:10 am

#leofortunewest
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum