View previous topic View next topic Go down

Wayne S
Wayne S
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 222
Posting Flair : 80

PostWayne S Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:13 pm

I know overseas investment doesn't always go to plan, look at the Venky's at Blackburn and Carson Yeung at Birmingham. But if any of the investments currently in the offing come off the Championship this year could be a difficult one to win and you may see billionaire owners fighting it out in the play-offs with their club ownership on the line.

This year we not only have the likes of Blackburn, Wolves and Bolton coming down with parachute payments, Leicester with their continued financial support from last year, but also have the likes of Forest, Leeds and Watford looking at imminent takeovers.

If we add ourselves as a club with potential money to spend and the likes of Charlton and Hudderfield trying to emulate Norwich and Southampton, it could be a very difficult season.

It looks like we could be looking at 10 clubs fighting for 3 places this year and that is before we add in the unknowns in the league. I hope some of the investment, especially at big club like Leeds and Forest is a bit late coming for this season and that our more settled squad helps us through.
JB
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 8171
Posting Flair : 320

PostJB Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:30 pm

It was always going to happen. The main question is how long before we have our league has its own TV channel on Sky so that they can money spin further. That's the main situation. I expect in the next decade it'll go that way.

I can see this

Sky Sports Premiership - over 100 premiership games = £££££
Sky Sports Championship - over 100 championship games = £££££
Sky Sports 1 - cricket, champions league, rugby league
Sky Sports 2 - cricket, WWE, other random stuffs
Sky Sports F1 - formula one
Sky Sports News - news

That's how they'll do it and they'll keep the CL on SS1 just so you need to subscribe to SSPrem, SSChamp and SS1 if you want to see all the football. Expect it to cost around £30 extra a month too but it wont matter because Sky being the angels they are will give you ESPN free. Money EVERYWHERE in the Championship. 2854552383
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:11 pm

Does steal our thunder somewhat, huh? Those of us that took the rebranding as a 'we have no choice' decision probably now have a right to feel a little bit ticked off. All this change, all this controversy, and possibly virtually no advantage whatsoever.
Wayne S
Wayne S
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 222
Posting Flair : 80

PostWayne S Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:18 pm

Red614 wrote:Does steal our thunder somewhat, huh? Those of us that took the rebranding as a 'we have no choice' decision probably now have a right to feel a little bit ticked off. All this change, all this controversy, and possibly virtually no advantage whatsoever.

It just seems that the playing field could levelled a bit. It may take a bit more cash to get out of this division now and bear in mind the expenditure will be capped in few years time by the fair play rules. I can see a second tier of premier football coming.

Here's a bit of Leeds takeover news. http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/leeds-united-buyout-latest-tuesday-1-4686878?
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:48 pm

Mhm exactly my point, many would want Cardiff to become all conquering because of the sacrifices made, not just 'be on level ground'.

I'll make it clear that I'm not expressing my own opinion here, but simply that I can see why people would be annoyed all over again.
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:38 am

I say this every year, but its going to be harder to predict the top 6 teams, even after the transfer window closes its going to be a tough shout.
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:04 am

Absolutely. My inner voices are telling me City could finish anywhere between 20th and 1st. Money EVERYWHERE in the Championship. 2854552383
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum