If we sign Bellamy will we have had the best transfer window in Championship?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

JB
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 8171
Posting Flair : 320

PostJB Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:48 pm

Do you think this is the case? I think its a brilliant window if we can get Bellamy in.

Bellamy - Premiership quality and international
Velikonja - International for Slovenia
Kim - International for South Korea
Mutch - Future international star IMO - definitely has the potential
Heidar - Icelandic international with bags of experience
Lewis - Only a 24 year old keeper with plenty of experience to gain, could become a very good keeper

If we sign Bellamy will we have had the best transfer window in Championship? 833362651 If we sign Bellamy will we have had the best transfer window in Championship? 833362651
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:59 pm

Militant Black Guy wrote:Do you think this is the case? I think its a brilliant window if we can get Bellamy in.

Lewis - Only a 24 year old keeper with plenty of experience to gain, could become a very good keeper

If we sign Bellamy will we have had the best transfer window in Championship? 833362651 If we sign Bellamy will we have had the best transfer window in Championship? 833362651

Certainly the best window that CCFC has ever had, even if Bellamy doesn't arrive.

As a separate issue, I wonder whether any other Championship club has more young and full internationals on its books than we do.........discuss!
thewelshfella
thewelshfella
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 7013
Posting Flair : 200

Postthewelshfella Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:32 pm

The Devil's Advocate wrote:
Militant Black Guy wrote:Do you think this is the case? I think its a brilliant window if we can get Bellamy in.

Certainly the best window that CCFC has ever had, even if Bellamy doesn't arrive.

If we sign Bellamy will we have had the best transfer window in Championship? 3874419067
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:14 am

It's strange, it seemed to take forever but out of nowhere we have one of the biggest, and brightest, hauls of the league. When you look at teams like Watford that have flew out of the gates since the manager change, you can see why so many started to worry.

I can be quite negative, but I won't be this time. Best one transfer period haul I've seen in this league.
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:16 am

No doubt it will be one our strongest squads we've ever had..

Although I have a feeling Malky is quiet finished yet.... If we sign Bellamy will we have had the best transfer window in Championship? 3640184800
Colonel Cardiffi
Colonel Cardiffi
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 10721
Posting Flair : 1193
https://social-media-posting.com

PostColonel Cardiffi Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:17 am

thewelshfella wrote:
The Devil's Advocate wrote:

If we sign Bellamy will we have had the best transfer window in Championship? 3874419067

thehumblegringo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 678
Posting Flair : 120

Postthehumblegringo Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:19 am

I don't know mate, i think a lot of clubs have made some decent signings. i still think we're a couple of positions short of being serious title challengers. if gerrard, keinan and earnie move on i'd like us to sign a quality attacking full back, a decent centre back and a pacey centre forward (nicky maynard) then i truly believe we will be strong in every area of the pitch. (maybe some cover for taylor is needed as well)
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:19 am

What I like is that there does seem to be a strategy here and that Malky is willing to wait to get the right player.

I was a fan of Jones but his transfer policy was very much based on grab who was available and willing to come and then try and mash them together as a team and we all know how that ended.
thehumblegringo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Postthehumblegringo Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:23 am

Arkay v2.0 wrote:What I like is that there does seem to be a strategy here and that Malky is willing to wait to get the right player.

I was a fan of Jones but his transfer policy was very much based on grab who was available and willing to come and then try and mash them together as a team and we all know how that ended.

Hahaha i agree with this.
Colonel Cardiffi
Colonel Cardiffi
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 10721
Posting Flair : 1193
https://social-media-posting.com

PostColonel Cardiffi Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:26 am

Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:28 am

Okay you guys made it happen, here's my negative perspective.

This side is much, much stronger than its been in a while. At the end of last season, I was concerned we wouldn't even make the playoffs this season, our performances were becoming abysmal and while the squad held itself together quite neatly, apart from Whittingham and at times Mason, there was no star quality to grow upon.

Since what's happened and the changes in the squad, I feel much better on that front. I definetely feel we can challenge once again for the playoffs, but I don't feel we can get any further. The former premier league opposition is too strong this season, with in my opinion the automatic places belonging to two of those three teams before it even starts. We might get lucky this season in the playoffs, I really hope so. But this squad, from what I've seen, needs another season to become truly dominant. With so many players that are do young they will have growing to do, and in reality the strength of half our squad is now highlighting the harsh weakness of the unchanged half (read - our defence).

For one transfer period Malky has worked miracles, and if he does the same in January I would love to be wrong and see this team win the league. But one more year in my opinion, sorry guys.
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:41 am

Red614 wrote:Okay you guys made it happen, here's my negative perspective.

This side is much, much stronger than its been in a while. At the end of last season, I was concerned we wouldn't even make the playoffs this season, our performances were becoming abysmal and while the squad held itself together quite neatly, apart from Whittingham and at times Mason, there was no star quality to grow upon.

Since what's happened and the changes in the squad, I feel much better on that front. I definetely feel we can challenge once again for the playoffs, but I don't feel we can get any further. The former premier league opposition is too strong this season, with in my opinion the automatic places belonging to two of those three teams before it even starts. We might get lucky this season in the playoffs, I really hope so. But this squad, from what I've seen, needs another season to become truly dominant. With so many players that are do young they will have growing to do, and in reality the strength of half our squad is now highlighting the harsh weakness of the unchanged half (read - our defence).

For one transfer period Malky has worked miracles, and if he does the same in January I would love to be wrong and see this team win the league. But one more year in my opinion, sorry guys.

Don't think that's negative at all but certainly realistic. I don't see us as top two material just yet either but there is a while to go and also certainly more room to grow than with previous City teams.

To be honest though, being a long time City fan my main hope for the beginning of ANY season is "I hope we don't get relegated" - anything above that is a bonus. Wink
The Tonker
The Tonker
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 9488
Posting Flair : 1360

PostThe Tonker Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:56 am

Arkay v2.0 wrote:Don't think that's negative at all but certainly realistic. I don't see us as top two material just yet either but there is a while to go and also certainly more room to grow than with previous City teams.

To be honest though, being a long time City fan my main hope for the beginning of ANY season is "I hope we don't get relegated" - anything above that is a bonus. Wink

Only the beginning of the season? In the group of perma-pessimists where I sit, our only target for about three-quarters of the season (even when we're plainly challenging for play-offs) is reaching the magic 50-point mark that will allow us to breathe a sigh of relief that we've avoided the 'dreaded drop'.
thehumblegringo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Postthehumblegringo Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:57 am

Red614 wrote:Okay you guys made it happen, here's my negative perspective.

I can see exactly where you're coming from and this year certainly looks a tough league (with a lot of money floating about) but last year was exactly the same. Only a fool would have bet against west ham and leicester last year but one blew it and the other very nearly blew it.
I think malky has made some excellent signings and the key is how well kimbo and velikonja adapt to the british game. i honestly think maynard, cover for centre half and an young pacey attacking full back (on loan) and we will definitely be contenders for the top two.

I wont be too disappointed if we only make the play offs though. Nobody has a divine right to get promoted and we're definitely a work in progress (as you say). I do hope that the standard of football doesn't diminish like it did last season though
thewelshfella
thewelshfella
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 7013
Posting Flair : 200

Postthewelshfella Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:54 am

Dam Shocked he is looking old in that photo, Call it off quick If we sign Bellamy will we have had the best transfer window in Championship? 692773407

All that money must be getting to him Crying or Very sad ah bless
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum