TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:53 pm

First topic message reminder :

I think this is a good time to be playing Villa. They weren't anything special last year and haven't got going yet this one. No Jack Grealish today, which can only be good for the spectator.

Opinion is that Mendez-Laing should get the nod over Hoilett. I wonder whether they both might start, as at one point against Portsmouth, they were both over on the right wing and causing havoc. Villa didn't like being bullied last year. Gunnarsson, Mendez-Laing and Zohore could have a field day today. Damour is slotting in well and is starting to look a very good all round midfielder. Warnock likes Ralls, but, as is being said, it's great to have options.

On the negative side, Bruce has the edge on Warnock in head to head games 9 - 2, so he knows how to play against his teams.

I still take Warnock to get the team right and for City to get the win, so will go 2 - 1.

TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:42 am

12 shots on target from 15 attempts ...... that's impressive, especially with only 35% possession ......
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:43 pm

Forced a save every two and a half minutes of ball possession. Tactics were clear - let them have the ball but then rush them on the counter. And it worked!
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 21200
Posting Flair : 1110

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:29 pm

**Match Day Thread - City v Villa** - Page 3 3210875682

What a fantastic result. I know that Villa are struggling with their rebuilding but I honestly didn't believe that we would resoundingly beat a team containing James Chesters, John Terry and Agbonlahor to name a few good players. The game showed how Mendez-Laing could be an incredible free signing and I also never thought that we would cause Villa so many problems at the back and that if it weren't for Sam Johnstone having a great game it could have been 5 or 6 nil.

Yes it is early but if you get some momentum against big teams early on it gives you a lot of options. We certainly don't have to fear anyone but I still think sneaking into the play-offs is our most likely shot at promotion.

**Match Day Thread - City v Villa** - Page 3 833362651
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum