View previous topic View next topic Go down

maisie'sdad
maisie'sdad
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1710
Posting Flair : 40

Postmaisie'sdad Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:53 pm

should he be allowed to return to football, i say yes. has he paid his debt to society - yes. is he the victim of a witch-hunt - yes.

if luke mccormick can kill two people and be allowed to return to football with nothing said then so must ched
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:06 am

I haven't time to enter this debate proper, as just away to catch a ferry, but I am tending to agree.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:43 am

If he served his time and showed signs of rehabilitation, then yeas. But he hasn't. Look at the cold hard evidence from the case -

1. The girl in question was too drunk to even stand, reported by many witnesses to of been lying in a kebab shop doorway when Ched and his friend approached her. She must of been carried up to the room, or heavily supported.
2. They took turns having sex with her, and a family member of Ched's recorded it. It was seen as funny at the time.
3. He was seen on CCTV escaping the hotel by a fire escape. Why would an innocent man not just use the door?

He refuses to accept he did anything wrong, at anytime. He's a dangerous potential role model for teenagers at any club he plays at, and should be kept away until he admits he did wrong.
*** G L O V E S ***
*** G L O V E S ***
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 8492
Posting Flair : 721
http://danlewis92.weebly.com/

Post*** G L O V E S *** Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:31 am

I believe so, yes. Although if I was a club chairman there's no way I'd go anywhere near him - just not worth the trouble.
maisie'sdad
maisie'sdad
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Postmaisie'sdad Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:03 am

but he has served the sentence laid down by law for for the offence. as a role model he may not score highly, but neither has luke mccormick
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:05 am

Prisons about rehabilitation - learning what you did was wrong and developing yourself as an individual so you can improve once you are out. If you refuse to accept you did anything wrong, it didn't work. Makes his early release even more of a mockery.
glasgowronnie
glasgowronnie
Captain of Country
Captain of Country
User Points : 3965
Posting Flair : 220

Postglasgowronnie Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:58 am

The CCTV I seen she was walking about, got out of the taxi without a stumble, bent down to pick up a pizza of the floor. He's appealing his case and maintains his innocence as his right. There was no evidence against them, they was changed only through their own words. Then there's her tweets about hitting it big time ched evans 4228682415
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:56 am

So the witnesses that claim they saw her lying in the shop doorway were lying? Why did he escape via a fire escape?

Rape cases don't get taken to court unless there is a high chance of a conviction - take a look at the amount or cases that are closed before anyone is taken to court regardless of whether the accused is known or not. Everybody loves a good conspiracy theory, but the evidence was strong enough for this one that he was guilty.
maisie'sdad
maisie'sdad
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Postmaisie'sdad Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:08 am

if the evidence against him is that strong then why is his judicial review being allowed
glasgowronnie
glasgowronnie
Captain of Country
Captain of Country

Postglasgowronnie Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:17 am

I never said he didn't leave via the fire escape. I'm only quoting undisputed facts from the case, the transcripts are available for anyone to see.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:57 am

And so am I. I'm just saying, if I feel ive just had consenting sex with a woman in a hotel room, I dont think 'oh, I'll clamber down the fire escape instead of using the door like normal people'. You could say he was worried about media attention - but that didn't bother him when he walked in the front door with her.

And most cases are valid for judicial review - especially if you are a footballer with money to burn.
*** G L O V E S ***
*** G L O V E S ***
National Legend
National Legend

Post*** G L O V E S *** Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:32 pm

If it's by the evidence available to the public alone, I'd say that, on the balance of probabilities, he was innocent.

Remember, the girl initially didn't intend to accuse Chedwin of rape - she thought she had her drink spiked, but once the police hinted that a footballer may have been involved, she pounced.

I also have no idea how Clayton McDonald got away scot free.
glasgowronnie
glasgowronnie
Captain of Country
Captain of Country

Postglasgowronnie Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:16 pm

She went to the police saying her drink was spiked but that was proved to be not the case. Not to be picky but he didn't walk into the hotel with her. Wouldn't you want to clear your name if you thought you was innocent however much it cost?
Cyncoedslumdog
Cyncoedslumdog
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 14106
Posting Flair : 1465

PostCyncoedslumdog Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:56 pm

I agree Gloves. I don't know how she was deemed able to consent to sex with McDonald but not aware enough with Evans.
I was also unaware that those who have been to prison are henceforth referred to by the crime they have committed. He is always referrrd to as Convicted Rapist Ched Evans. Why not Convicted Child Killer Luke McCormack or Convicted Forger Micky Thomas for example. From what I have seen of the evidence, I don't know how a guilty verdict was arrived at but guilty or not, he has served his time and should be allowed to play. As to the role model argument, if I was looking for one it wouldn't be a footballer!
Finally, the morals of some of those taking the moral high ground (not you Red) are as questionable as Evans's. How you can be outraged by his offence and simultaneously threaten to kill or rape someone is beyond me.
*** G L O V E S ***
*** G L O V E S ***
National Legend
National Legend

Post*** G L O V E S *** Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:41 am

Cyncoedslumdog wrote:I agree Gloves. I don't know how she was deemed able to consent to sex with McDonald but not aware enough with Evans.
I was also unaware that those who have been to prison are henceforth  referred to by the crime they have committed. He is always referrrd to as Convicted Rapist Ched Evans. Why not Convicted Child Killer Luke McCormack or Convicted Forger Micky Thomas for example. From what I have seen of the evidence, I don't know how a guilty verdict was arrived at but guilty or not, he has served his time and should be allowed to play. As to the role model argument, if I was looking for one it wouldn't be a footballer!
Finally, the morals of some of those taking the moral high ground (not you Red) are as questionable as Evans's. How you can be outraged by his offence and simultaneously threaten to kill or rape someone is beyond me.

Because it's relevant to the news right now. I'm sure those you referred to above were labelled with those respective tags at the time, but they soon evaporate as people start giving less and less of a s**t ched evans 1525230823
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum