Cleve van Leef
Captain of Country
Captain of Country
User Points : 6741
Posting Flair : 180

PostCleve van Leef Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:20 am

OGS, sad to say.

Strongest squad in the division? no way

Fire power to scare any opposition? not a chance.

Sorry but this is not a knee jerk reaction, just a statement of facts, in my opinion.
Caldi Blue
Caldi Blue
Captain of Country
Captain of Country
User Points : 3884
Posting Flair : 540

PostCaldi Blue Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:50 am

I share your lack of belief. I don't know much about today's game, but I don't have much confident in him and these players. Mid table come May I reckon.
Cyncoedslumdog
Cyncoedslumdog
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 14106
Posting Flair : 1465

PostCyncoedslumdog Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:10 am

I'm not convinced but we've lost once in 5 games, 3 of which have been away plus 2 cup wins.
Too soon to pass judgement I think.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:22 am

Yeah, based on the performances thus far the pair of you are being very harsh. We've lost only once and have thus far managed to draw away from home against a strong Fulham side (irrelevant of current results) and claimed a major scalp in Wigan who demolished Birmingham today. Extend our average over the whole season and we are in for a mid seventies point finish, with that average only expected to rise when we get more home games under our belt.

It would be nice if someone would give a Cardiff manager a chance for a change instead of condemning him before he has even put a foot wrong.
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 21200
Posting Flair : 1110

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:35 am

One loss so far isn't bad. He needs a crack at things first.
Cleve van Leef
Captain of Country
Captain of Country

PostCleve van Leef Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:55 pm

Red614 wrote:Yeah, based on the performances thus far the pair of you are being very harsh. We've lost only once and have thus far managed to draw away from home against a strong Fulham side (irrelevant of current results) and claimed a major scalp in Wigan who demolished Birmingham today. Extend our average over the whole season and we are in for a mid seventies point finish, with that average only expected to rise when we get more home games under our belt.

It would be nice if someone would give a Cardiff manager a chance for a change instead of condemning him before he has even put a foot wrong.

He's been at the Club since January, but performances have not improved one iota.

If, we average the first 5 games results over the since we may be in the mid 70's for points, but that would be very unlikely if the performances remain the same. So it's a big "if".
Sorry but Ole doesn't inspire me with his tactics and ability to succeed.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:04 pm

I felt exactly the same way about the performances under Malky from a very early date. It was the PL that ultimately exposed his limitations.

I understand what CVL is saying here, but it is new squad this season and I think any manager deserves some time to try to get it right. As I have said elsewhere, we should have a settled team by the time we have played 10 league games, so that will be the time for me to sharpen the axe, if it proves necessary.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:08 pm

Cleve van Leef wrote:
Red614 wrote:Yeah, based on the performances thus far the pair of you are being very harsh. We've lost only once and have thus far managed to draw away from home against a strong Fulham side (irrelevant of current results) and claimed a major scalp in Wigan who demolished Birmingham today. Extend our average over the whole season and we are in for a mid seventies point finish, with that average only expected to rise when we get more home games under our belt.

He's been at the Club since January, but performances have not improved one iota.

If, we average the first 5 games results over the since we may be in the mid 70's for points, but that would be very unlikely if the performances remain the same. So it's a big "if".

What's your basis for our performances not improving? We are scoring more goals, we are conceding less, and we are collecting vastly more points. Yes we are also a league lower, but the results are much better.

He failed last year, and I wouldn't of blamed Tan for sacking him. But he's still here, and I have the opinion each manager should be given a fresh chance every season to price he's learnt from former mistakes. I wanted Malky gone too late in the championship winning campaign but gave him the benefit of the doubt for the premier league season, I'm doing the same here with Ole despite his previous failure. Thus far this season he is yet to do anything truly wrong. He's a young manager in a league he has never played nor managed in, and despite this he has only lost once thus far in a game we arguably deserved to draw if it wasn't for some sickeningly bad luck at the death.

Seriously, just try and sit back and enjoy it for once. Football is a sport - it's supposed to be fun. I don't see how you can enjoy it when you are expecting failure at every turn.
Cleve van Leef
Captain of Country
Captain of Country

PostCleve van Leef Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:26 pm

Red614 wrote:
Cleve van Leef wrote:

What's your basis for our performances not improving? We are scoring more goals, we are conceding less, and we are collecting vastly more points. Yes we are also a league lower, but the results are much better.

He failed last year, and I wouldn't of blamed Tan for sacking him. But he's still here, and I have the opinion each manager should be given a fresh chance every season to price he's learnt from former mistakes. I wanted Malky gone too late in the championship winning campaign but gave him the benefit of the doubt for the premier league season, I'm doing the same here with Ole despite his previous failure. Thus far this season he is yet to do anything truly wrong. He's a young manager in a league he has never played nor managed in, and despite this he has only lost once thus far in a game we arguably deserved to draw if it wasn't for some sickeningly bad luck at the death.

Seriously, just try and sit back and enjoy it for once. Football is a sport - it's supposed to be fun. I don't see how you can enjoy it when you are expecting failure at every turn.

But it's not much fun watching what's being served up under Ole, just the same as under Mackay.

It's the performances being churned out that's the worry, not the results. Performing like we are at the moment, if they continue,promotion will not be achieved and we will lose a lot more games.
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:38 pm

I'm of the view that we should give the man, at the very least, to Christmas - I really do think that he will come good for us.

Noone will make a big difference when he is back, a few more games and the newer players will settle in and start performing.
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum