TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:12 am

First topic message reminder :

I can't see any signings that we don't know about being done in time for Saturday, so as we are now entering the "must-win" bit of the season, I expect OGS to put out this team.....

Marshall

KTC (if fit) Caulker Turner Fabio

Noone Mutch Medel Whitts Zaha

Jones

Subs....Lewis, SuperKev, Gunnarsson, Kimbo, Daelhi, Berget, Campbell

City 2 - 0

SteWells
SteWells
Team Captain
Team Captain
User Points : 1655
Posting Flair : 100

PostSteWells Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:32 am

Yeah, I'm not a fan of all the booing. And fans getting on the backs of players after 5mins of the game was just stupid.

Whitts did have a poor game, but I hope this doesn't ruin him. We need to find a way to help him get back to his best, because when he's at his best, he's worth 20 - 25 points a season with his corners, free kicks, passing etc.

I hope Mutch wasn't injured, but that's the only reason I can think he went off.

Fabio looks a good buy, Jones looks like he'll have a few defenders running scared, and Zaha looks great. If this centreback follows the trend, we'll have a really solid team.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:16 am

I'll be painstakingly honest at the risk of what's left of my reputation. I'm a warm weather supporter, but purely on the basis that it's the only thing I've ever known purely because of my age. What it felt today at half time tells me that my stomach isn't ready for a relegation fight. I wanted to turn off the bbc feed, to go into complete shutdown and forget football even exists.

But I didn't, I stuck with it and I was grinning ear to ear by the finish. Why we were hopeless and already relegated the first half, the second we were brilliant at times and then the teams around us started leaking goals as well. I really, really hope it stays that way.

There needs to be major improvements. Caulker and Turner were so reliable under Malky but for some reason under OGS major cracks have started to appear. He needs to fix that, first and foremost. Everywhere else he was excellent, he completely rejuvenated a side that already had their heads down. Zaha in particular was immense, I've not seen one player make that much of a difference in a long time. Him and Noone were tearing their wings to bits, and it really shows that 4-4-2 is a distinct possibility in the future. Imagine Jones and Campbell  side by side up front?
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:31 am

Red614 wrote:I'll be painstakingly honest at the risk of what's left of my reputation. I'm a warm weather supporter, but purely on the basis that it's the only thing I've ever known purely because of my age. What it felt today at half time tells me that my stomach isn't ready for a relegation fight. I wanted to turn off the bbc feed, to go into complete shutdown and forget football even exists.

But I didn't, I stuck with it and I was grinning ear to ear by the finish. Why we were hopeless and already relegated the first half, the second we were brilliant at times and then the teams around us started leaking goals as well. I really, really hope it stays that way.

There needs to be major improvements. Caulker and Turner were so reliable under Malky but for some reason under OGS major cracks have started to appear. He needs to fix that, first and foremost. Everywhere else he was excellent, he completely rejuvenated a side that already had their heads down. Zaha in particular was immense, I've not seen one player make that much of a difference in a long time. Him and Noone were tearing their wings to bits, and it really shows that 4-4-2 is a distinct possibility in the future. Imagine Jones and Campbell  side by side up front?

Also, bellamy looked a lot better playing just of Jones in the middle - it looks like OGS can play both bellamy and Zaha then. 

What a feeling - great game today and thoroughly looking forward to MOTD.
*** G L O V E S ***
*** G L O V E S ***
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 8492
Posting Flair : 721
http://danlewis92.weebly.com/

Post*** G L O V E S *** Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:58 am

Our first goal yesterday - a simple through ball from Zaha to Bellamy to finish - is something we haven't done enough this season. More of the same please, Wilf.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:08 am

*** G L O V E S *** wrote:Our first goal yesterday - a simple through ball from Zaha to Bellamy to finish - is something we haven't done enough this season. More of the same please, Wilf.

Campbell has been screaming for those sorts of chances.
It depends what sort of faith OGS has in Berget, but I'd like to toy with the idea of using Jones and Campbell simultaneously - Jones the target man and Campbell sitting in the pocket.
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum