Campbell

Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:36 am

I hate to be pragmatic, but what game did Bellamy change exactly? Certainly not our one, where we were losing 1-0 before him and lost 2-0 after him...

We certainly shouldn't be relying on a man who considers retiring every other game...
JB
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 8171
Posting Flair : 320

PostJB Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:43 am

Red614 wrote:I hate to be pragmatic, but what game did Bellamy change exactly? Certainly not our one, where we were losing 1-0 before him and lost 2-0 after him...

We certainly shouldn't be relying on a man who considers retiring every other game...

You really buy all that retiring bollocks? Seriously, he fell out with Malky because he told him whats what. Thats all there is to that specific situation.

Yes he did change the game and commanded it. He took control in the middle of the park and used the ball well. Even Stevie Wonder could see the difference Bellamy made to the game. He controlled the ball, was good in possession and made runs and himself available. He was trying to make things happen. Not his fault that up front we had Cornelius who makes a static caravan look like a mobile home.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:46 am

JB39 wrote:KTC is crap
Odemwingie is crap
Eikrem is good
Bellamy is a game changer and still has it
Hudson is better than Turner
Cornelius is a pub footballer with a 50p head

Team for next week

Marshall

Kev   Caulker   Hudson   John

Medel  Eikrem

Noone   Mutch   Bellamy

Campbell

KTC's defensive problems were well & truly highlighted today. Maybe see Brayford?
I thought Odemthingy had his best 45 minutes for us today.
Agree on Eikrem, let's hope the other newbies are!!
I agree with Red about Bellamy.
50/50 Hudson/Turner......a problem area for sure.
Nothing I can say about Cornelius......words fail me..... Observations 3392635135 
SteWells
SteWells
Team Captain
Team Captain
User Points : 1655
Posting Flair : 100

PostSteWells Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:47 am

Bellamy played very well when he came on. Cornelius needs a bit more time, but I still think he'll come good.
Odemwengie needs to be taken out the back and shot.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:49 am

SteWells wrote:Bellamy played very well when he came on. Cornelius needs a bit more time, but I still think he'll come good.

I think I must have been watching a different game... Observations 692773407 
JB
Club Legend
Club Legend

PostJB Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:49 am

SteWells wrote:Bellamy played very well when he came on. Cornelius needs a bit more time, but I still think he'll come good.

The only place he's coming good is in the bedroom and I would be as well if I was on £45k per week guaranteed for 5 years.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:04 am

All Bellamy proved was that he's better than Odemwingie - and I'm probably better than Odemwingie. And Bellamy had poor performances on the pitch when he was playing - if he throws a strop with the manager and it translates on the pitch that's even worse. Feel feel to screenshot this - but I'd go for Conway over Bellamy. Works just as hard and his legs are younger. What we really need is someone new though - presumably Zaha.
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 21200
Posting Flair : 1110

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:08 am

He's had very little meaningful game time in 6 months and is a youngster. Malky overpaid for him but that isn't his fault. He isn't the problem, the problem is that Malky didn't sign a goalscorer. Instead he spent £11m on a prospect (Cornelius) and a has-been (Odemwingie) instead of bringing in someone who could do the business for us. We have one of the lowest goals scored figures in the division and that's what's killing is more than anything. We have defensive issues but we just don't score enough
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:16 am

Slumdog's Son™ wrote:He's had very little meaningful game time in 6 months and is a youngster. Malky overpaid for him but that isn't his fault. He isn't the problem, the problem is that Malky didn't sign a goalscorer. Instead he spent £11m on a prospect (Cornelius) and a has-been (Odemwingie) instead of bringing in someone who could do the business for us. We have one of the lowest goals scored figures in the division and that's what's killing is more than anything. We have defensive issues but we just don't score enough

Excellent summary Slumdog. Easy to forget Cornelius is only 21. He's been shortchanged by Malky, who spent star signing money on a player who has potential. He's got the look of a deer caught in the headlights, and I would too if everywhere I look people are calling me a flop in my first true test as a senior professional.

Best way to hedge our bets is loan him out cheap. He either comes good or we hopefully tempt a few teams into taking him off our hands.
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:24 am

Red614 wrote:
Slumdog's Son™ wrote:He's had very little meaningful game time in 6 months and is a youngster. Malky overpaid for him but that isn't his fault. He isn't the problem, the problem is that Malky didn't sign a goalscorer. Instead he spent £11m on a prospect (Cornelius) and a has-been (Odemwingie) instead of bringing in someone who could do the business for us. We have one of the lowest goals scored figures in the division and that's what's killing is more than anything. We have defensive issues but we just don't score enough

Excellent summary Slumdog. Easy to forget Cornelius is only 21. He's been shortchanged by Malky, who spent star signing money on a player who has potential. He's got the look of a deer caught in the headlights, and I would too if everywhere I look people are calling me a flop in my first true test as a senior professional.

Best way to hedge our bets is loan him out cheap. He either comes good or we hopefully tempt a few teams into taking him off our hands.

Nobody would have noticed had Chelsea signed him for £8m purely because they wouldn't be reliant on him, and he could have had a nice loan move to a Turkish or Belgian team for a season or two where he would bang in some goals in a less pressured environment. We have to forget him as a goalscorer, as he is no different to Mason, who is another hot prospect. If we had picked him up for much less we wouldn't be worried. And red I shall give you some flair as I feel isolated on this without your support...
JB
Club Legend
Club Legend

PostJB Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:29 am

Capitol Trucks had players better than Cornelius.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:37 am

Slumdog's Son™️ wrote:
Red614 wrote:
Slumdog's Son™️ wrote:He's had very little meaningful game time in 6 months and is a youngster. Malky overpaid for him but that isn't his fault. He isn't the problem, the problem is that Malky didn't sign a goalscorer. Instead he spent £11m on a prospect (Cornelius) and a has-been (Odemwingie) instead of bringing in someone who could do the business for us. We have one of the lowest goals scored figures in the division and that's what's killing is more than anything. We have defensive issues but we just don't score enough

Nobody would have noticed had Chelsea signed him for £8m purely because they wouldn't be reliant on him, and he could have had a nice loan move to a Turkish or Belgian team for a season or two where he would bang in some goals in a less pressured environment. We have to forget him as a goalscorer, as he is no different to Mason, who is another hot prospect. If we had picked him up for much less we wouldn't be worried. And red I shall give you some flair as I feel isolated on this without your support...

Welcome to my world, it was starting to get pretty lonely over here on the dark side Observations 692773407
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:51 am

Red614 wrote:
Slumdog's Son™️ wrote:
Red614 wrote:
Slumdog's Son™️ wrote:He's had very little meaningful game time in 6 months and is a youngster. Malky overpaid for him but that isn't his fault. He isn't the problem, the problem is that Malky didn't sign a goalscorer. Instead he spent £11m on a prospect (Cornelius) and a has-been (Odemwingie) instead of bringing in someone who could do the business for us. We have one of the lowest goals scored figures in the division and that's what's killing is more than anything. We have defensive issues but we just don't score enough

Welcome to my world, it was starting to get pretty lonely over here on the dark side Observations 692773407

Thank you Lord Vader
davewebber65
davewebber65
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 11984
Posting Flair : 290

Postdavewebber65 Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:12 am

agree with others, do think the time has come to test brayford and see what he is made of. thought john was sound. also keen to keep hudson in the central defence.

really missed mutch and want to see eikrem start at the expense of whitts who i thought was dreadfull. odemwingie was as bad as whitts.

campbell, well lets say he did not have a good day, as for cornelius lets say he had time to make an impact, but did not.
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum