A Few Observations

View previous topic View next topic Go down

thehumblegringo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 678
Posting Flair : 120

Postthehumblegringo Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:42 am

Watching the game tonight, it's the most concerned i have been yet. I think Whitts has been a superb servant to this football club and if anyone deserves some loyalty in return it's him, but i do think watching him tonight that the time has definitely come to give the lad a rest. He has been poor for a while now but tonight was the first time in all those games where he has gone hiding. And that's what he did tonight, he hid! In the first half there was one occasion in particular when a massive gap opened up for him and instead of driving into that gap he slowed down and waited for the play to catch up with him. I couldn't believe what i was seeing. It's all well and good saying that whitts can control the pace of the game but it shouldn't always be to slow the game down!!! It saddens me to see the best player in the championship reduced to the level of danny drinkwater!

Secondly, i think the young lad Nugent could be ruined if he is forced in for the run in and things go tits up. He is young and i dont think he is the most gifted player we have, but when he had the ball at his feet tonight you could feel the tension from the crowd. He is certainly not a footballing centre half and i think it's dangerous throwing him in the deep end for the run in.

Thirdly, has Kim Jong Un kidnapped Kimbo and Malky is not telling us?!

Fourthly, I think we need to exploit the loan market before it closes and i think we need to go back to basics. We have opened up more lately and it clearly hasn't worked. I believe we need to go back to basics on saturday. Personally i'd take out Smith and Whitts and put in Mutch and Kimbo in a 4-5-1 with Kimbo at the top of the midfield three behind Campbell. I don't think Malky will take out Whitts though and if mutch isn't fit we need to bring cowie back into a 5 man midfield to give us a bit of energy.

Lastly, i'm glad we're away the next two games. Hopefully this will take some pressure off and we can grab at least 4 point from our next two games.
Cyncoedslumdog
Cyncoedslumdog
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 14106
Posting Flair : 1465

PostCyncoedslumdog Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:51 am

I can't remember agreeing with a post as much as this.
I remember the Whitts incident - the field opened up in front of him and he didn't want to know. Also, as I've said in another thread, Smith is the new love child. He's playing wide and up front and contributing very little. Kim needs more game time.
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:02 pm

Yes but Malky as good as said that whitts will definitely play every game. Its crazy
JB
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 8171
Posting Flair : 320

PostJB Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:35 pm

Cyncoedslumdog wrote:I can't remember agreeing with a post as much as this.
I remember the Whitts incident - the field opened up in front of him and he didn't want to know. Also, as I've said in another thread, Smith is the new love child. He's playing wide and up front and contributing very little. Kim needs more game time.

At least Malky's eyesight is improving then because Smith is better looking than Cowie. NQAT. #nohomo
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:41 pm

Rhys wrote:Yes but Malky as good as said that whitts will definitely play every game. Its crazy

I can't bring myself to blame Whitts. If my boss told me there's never any chance ill be sacked and in the contrary I face a promotion when the chance next opens up, I'd sit with my feet up drinking piña coladas all day too.
*** G L O V E S ***
*** G L O V E S ***
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 8492
Posting Flair : 721
http://danlewis92.weebly.com/

Post*** G L O V E S *** Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:56 pm

The strangest thing is, Whitts can't even do the simple passing task now. There is absolutely no reason for him to play in a deep midfield positions. We collect the ball, pass to midfield, pass to defence, hoof it up front, lose possession (repeat for 90 mins)
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum