View previous topic View next topic Go down

DrewBlue
DrewBlue
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 912
Posting Flair : 70

PostDrewBlue Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:01 am

We have been linked with what seems like every man and his dog over the last couple of months, some of them huge names we haven't a hope in hell of signing but pretty much all of them we would love to have here. However only five have come in and although they seem great signings with large fees and big/foreign names, time will only tell if that money was worth it.
It is clear we need to bring in some more quality and I have no doubts that staff at the club are working to do so but after our relatively poor showing on saturday not only has that become abundantly clear, has it also hindered us in any way? Have players seen that and decided we are not good enough to play for?
Also, with the vast majority of journalists writing us off before the season had even started, some citing Malky's lack of experience, could this also be a factor in why it all seems to have gone so quiet? We haven't even had any dodgy rumours on aamb!

Maybe the lack of activity has heightened my already sky high nerves/excitement but I would have expected plenty of action this week, especially leading up to such a big game. I really don't want to be disappointed come September the 2nd but if we fail to get anyone in by then... who knows how I will think
Toast Boy
Toast Boy
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 7697
Posting Flair : 830

PostToast Boy Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:30 am

I am worried that the squad is still lacking at the moment but am sure that efforts are being made to strengthen the squad and that a reasonabe amount of money is available to try to secure those players.

The problem is that if Malky sets his sights too low then he can almost certainly close some deals quickly with teams who need to sell and players happy to have the opportunity to join a Prem club (along with the wages that come with it) but maybe at the cost of not having good enough players to keep us in this division.

Alternatively set your sights too high and you might miss out altogether and have to settle with what you have or run out of money while certain positions still need strengthening.

Malky has landed some quality players it seems so far and hopefully Cornelius will prove his worth too considering his transfer fee. However i believe more are needed to make us strong enough. I've said before that i will wait to see what we have by the time the transfer window closes. Ultimately i would prefer to have two quality players in on transfer deadline day that two average ones now but Malky needs to make sure the team is strengthened further one way or the other by the time the 3rd September arrives.
davewebber65
davewebber65
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 11984
Posting Flair : 290

Postdavewebber65 Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:09 am

more nervous than worried
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:31 am

Indeed worrying. Less than two weeks before the end of the window and still big improvements needed I reckon.

I think if our targets were stalling before, they're digging their heels in now. If they saw our West Ham performance, I wouldn't blame them for running a mile faced with playing under THOSE tactics.
G-ster
G-ster
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 5923
Posting Flair : 460

PostG-ster Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:29 am

Getting concerned now; nearly time for Malky to press the button....

Lack of transfer activity - is anyone else worried Th?id=H.5060679454885932&pid=15
Tans Tache
Tans Tache
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 22790
Posting Flair : 760

PostTans Tache Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:33 am

Naaaa Not panicking
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:01 am

I'm picnicking - which is the pleasurable alternative Lack of transfer activity - is anyone else worried 1525230823
bobbysauce
bobbysauce
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 440
Posting Flair : 90

Postbobbysauce Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:06 am

CityGent responded to someone on Twitter who voiced similar concerns - he said this is the "calm before the storm" so it seems something is brewing...
Toast Boy
Toast Boy
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 7697
Posting Flair : 830

PostToast Boy Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:21 am

bobbysauce wrote:CityGent responded to someone on Twitter who voiced similar concerns - he said this is the "calm before the storm" so it seems something is brewing...
Let's hope for a change in the weather before the end of next week then Lack of transfer activity - is anyone else worried 1525230823
DrewBlue
DrewBlue
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 912
Posting Flair : 70

PostDrewBlue Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:40 am

Aye that's what I think too Red, seems we missed out on sissoko for various reasons, Malky's lack of experience could be part of it.

Haha nice one Arkay, some good picnicking spots in London. Hyde Park, Primrose Hill, Holland Park, Finsbury and Clissold Park my old stomping grounds, Battersea park are all quite beautiful indeed.

That's good to hear bobby, fingers crossed hey lads.. as well as toes, arms, legs... eyes
Valley Trash
Valley Trash
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 19382
Posting Flair : 1933

PostValley Trash Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:05 am

I'm still confident that we'll land Montero and at least one of 'big' name such as Socratis Papastathopoulos, Jakub Blaszczykowski or
Omar Dentest-Ipolocko-Geneeveski-Wertascliffe.....
davewebber65
davewebber65
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 11984
Posting Flair : 290

Postdavewebber65 Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:18 am

we have spent £1.5m on full backs so far this season. maybe we can spend another £1.5m on the other side and fill up the rest of the squad with defensive midfielders or add to our ever growing list of strikers.
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum