View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:16 am

Squawka has today released an article assessing each of our summer purchases and whether they were value for money. Interestingly , it's the first unbiased source I've read that isn't screaming support for Malky. It instead in my opinion takes a very fair and balanced perspective.

For those that don't want to read the whole thing, they reckon -
- Caulker was far and away our best purchase, and was worth every penny
- Medel is excellent, although maybe too expensive
- Cornelius can't be put in either bin due to limited appearances
- Odemwingie is not only a flop, but one of the worst players in the league this season statistically
- Brayford is a flop
- Moore and Amondrain weren't considered

It also briefly mentions what we've all spotted with Turner - the statistics show that his game is much less creative than Caulkers, focusing on keeping the ball away from the goal rather than playing in others.

http://www.squawka.com/news/2014/01/03/50-million-spent-was-cardiffs-activity-value-for-money/2014010349442

Can't argue with it really.
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 21200
Posting Flair : 1110

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:26 am

Red614 wrote:Squawka has today released an article assessing each of our summer purchases and whether they were value for money. Interestingly , it's the first unbiased source I've read that isn't screaming support for Malky. It instead in my opinion takes a very fair and balanced perspective.

For those that don't want to read the whole thing, they reckon -
- Caulker was far and away our best purchase, and was worth every penny
- Medel is excellent, although maybe too expensive
- Cornelius can't be put in either bin due to limited appearances
- Odemwingie is not only a flop, but one of the worst players in the league this season statistically
- Brayford is a flop
- Moore and Amondrain weren't considered

It also briefly mentions what we've all spotted with Turner - the statistics show that his game is much less creative than Caulkers, focusing on keeping the ball away from the goal rather than playing in others.

http://www.squawka.com/news/2014/01/03/50-million-spent-was-cardiffs-activity-value-for-money/2014010349442

Can't argue with it really.

Spot on. The rumour we have all seen is that Sevilla have financial issues and would have taken a lesser fee for Medel, but Malky went in too high. I'm still pleased we got him though.

Turner could find that he now doesn't fit into Solskjaer's Cardiff as this points out, as he is far too lacking in technical ability, putting more pressure on Caulker.
*** G L O V E S ***
*** G L O V E S ***
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 8492
Posting Flair : 721
http://danlewis92.weebly.com/

Post*** G L O V E S *** Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:42 am

I think the price we paid for Medel is about right, considering Geoffrey Kondogbia - their second defensive midfielder - went for around £17,000,000.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:24 pm

Hey Red...........!

What about KTC, or are you keeping that to yourself?
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:33 pm

TDA wrote:Hey Red...........!

What about KTC, or are you keeping that to yourself?

I did forget KTC to be fair, but reading back I'm not really sure what to say anyway. The statistics seem to show that he's been excellent and hopeless in equal measures... An unbiased view of our transfer activity 692773407
SteWells
SteWells
Team Captain
Team Captain
User Points : 1655
Posting Flair : 100

PostSteWells Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:43 pm

If Cornelius can't be judged due to lack of appearances, how can be Brayford be called a flop?
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:52 pm

SteWells wrote:If Cornelius can't be judged due to lack of appearances, how can be Brayford be called a flop?

Because Cornelius' lack of playing time was unavoidable - he was injured. Brayford has been fully fit all season and yet Connolly played ahead of him at the start of the season, and then McNaughton was called upon instead when KTC was injured.
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:47 pm

I still rate KTC highly. Huge potential, powerful, a bit of pace, reasonable crosser, decent technique and cost naff all. Much, much better than any right back we presently have.

That statement will of course hurt SteWells due to his love of Super Kev...
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:51 pm

Slumdog's Son™ wrote:I still rate KTC highly. Huge potential, powerful, a bit of pace, reasonable crosser, decent technique and cost naff all. Much, much better than any right back we presently have.

That statement will of course hurt SteWells due to his love of Super Kev...

My major concern with him (besides his 60% pass completion), is that you could stick the titanic between him and the place the full back is supposed to cover most of the time. Noone is looking much more dangerous in attack than KTC, and I feel having to keep one eye on what KTC is doing is limiting his performances somewhat. The problem will only compound itself if we get Zaha. He needs to learn to defend first and then attack when the opportunity arises - getting caught in posession on the wrong side of the pitch is suicidal for a fullback.
SteWells
SteWells
Team Captain
Team Captain
User Points : 1655
Posting Flair : 100

PostSteWells Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:54 pm

If KTC can learn a bit of defensive play from Super Kev, he'll be a fairly complete full back.
The modern trend is for full backs to have attacking flair, but I think they still need a solid defensive base.

Super Kev will keep pushing KTC for the starting slot, so he'll have to up his game. Good news for us.
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:56 pm

SteWells wrote:If KTC can learn a bit of defensive play from Super Kev, he'll be a fairly complete full back.
The modern trend is for full backs to have attacking flair, but I think they still need a solid defensive base.

Super Kev will keep pushing KTC for the starting slot, so he'll have to up his game. Good news for us.

SteWells  An unbiased view of our transfer activity 3007651330  Super Kev
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:57 pm

I also think KTC was so advanced because Malky tried to get as many crosses in as possible and knew the wingers weren't doing it. With OGS playing a more generally attacking game KTC might play deeper
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:00 am

Slumdog's Son™️ wrote:
SteWells wrote:If KTC can learn a bit of defensive play from Super Kev, he'll be a fairly complete full back.

FIST KISS
And
RAM SUPER KEV?(Return of the Ageing Master)

(Not that I'm lowering the tone or anything...)
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:02 am

Red614 wrote:
Slumdog's Son™️ wrote:

FIST KISS
And

Red, you need to help me. Unfortunately I'm going to have to come to terms with the fact that FIST Kiss is no more  Sad 
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:05 am

Slumdog's Son™️ wrote:
Red614 wrote:
Slumdog's Son™️ wrote:

FIST KISS
And

Red, you need to help me. Unfortunately I'm going to have to come to terms with the fact that FIST Kiss is no more  Sad 

Would you prefer ' F*CK KISS' then? An unbiased view of our transfer activity 692773407
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum