Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:13 pm

It has been a bit of a mystery to me as to why he has struggled to hold down a place in the Reading squad despite scoring 12 goals this season. Then I read this interview, he has only gone and done a velikonja.

Speaking out about not playing is not really going to endear him to Malky.

"I’m like every footballer. I want to start, I want to play games and at this moment I’m not getting anything,” Le Fondre revealed.

“We needed goals and that is what I bring to the table. I want to play every game, I want to start games but most importantly I want to come on the pitch and affect things and make an impact.

“It is disappointing from my point of view that when we are pressing so hard I can’t come on the pitch and influence it. I have no idea what happens with me. It’s in the club’s hands. I’ve had a half-decent season by my standards.”

http://www.footballfancast.com/premiership/reading/le-fondre-targets-reading-departure

Does Le Fondre have a point or does this reveal a little bit of an ego problem?
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 21200
Posting Flair : 1110

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:15 pm

He won't be signing for us unless he was given a few home truths by Malky first. I think Malky has probably got other targets in mind, maybe some that we haven't mentioned previously. I don't think Le Fondre would be on his radar.
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:59 pm

He has a point but that's the kind of thing he should be saying to his manager, not the press, unless he is trying to engineer a move Adam Le Fondre 4228682415

I don't think he's a Malky target anyway, and without wishing to get all Premiershippy-arrogant about it, but I think we can do better. coat
DrewBlue
DrewBlue
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 912
Posting Flair : 70

PostDrewBlue Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:05 am

that is a shame, i've rated him highly all season would have loved to see him in a city shirt. ah well onto bigger and better
R-DONO
R-DONO
Captain of Country
Captain of Country
User Points : 7195
Posting Flair : 490

PostR-DONO Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:07 am

As an aside, just read a new rumour... Jamie Mackie.
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostArkay Dubya Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:12 am

That was one has been doing the rounds for about two years or so now.
*** G L O V E S ***
*** G L O V E S ***
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 8492
Posting Flair : 721
http://danlewis92.weebly.com/

Post*** G L O V E S *** Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:31 am

He'll be at Leeds next season.
Kamuza
Kamuza
International Call-Up
International Call-Up
User Points : 4084
Posting Flair : 832

PostKamuza Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:09 am

I think LeFondre is a "two up front" forward and right now teams prefer formations with only one up top.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:01 am

Kamuza wrote:I think LeFondre is a "two up front" forward and right now teams prefer formations with only one up top.

I have a soft spot for the old school 4-4-2, but even I have to admit the 4-5-1 is the modern game. To steal a frankly brilliant quote -

'The arrow may make the kill, but the bow made the shot'

That is, the worst striker in the world could probably develop a decent scoring record if he had Xavi, Iniesta and Pirlo dropping him golden chance after golden chance. Messi however would struggle to ever score if the midfield can never give him the ball. The added grunt an extra midfielder gives in that area outweighs the lack of firepower one less striker causes.
*** G L O V E S ***
*** G L O V E S ***
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 8492
Posting Flair : 721
http://danlewis92.weebly.com/

Post*** G L O V E S *** Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:11 am

Red614 wrote:
Kamuza wrote:I think LeFondre is a "two up front" forward and right now teams prefer formations with only one up top.

I have a soft spot for the old school 4-4-2, but even I have to admit the 4-5-1 is the modern game. To steal a frankly brilliant quote -

That is, the worst striker in the world could probably develop a decent scoring record if he had Xavi, Iniesta and Pirlo dropping him golden chance after golden chance. Messi however would struggle to ever score if the midfield can never give him the ball. The added grunt an extra midfielder gives in that area outweighs the lack of firepower one less striker causes.

^^

Though I'd change the 4-5-1 to a 4-2-3-1 (Basically the same, I guess, just different way of setting out the midfield)
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:21 am

*** G L O V E S *** wrote:
Red614 wrote:

^^

Though I'd change the 4-5-1 to a 4-2-3-1 (Basically the same, I guess, just different way of setting out the midfield)

I'm using 4-5-1 as a kind of marquee formation. 4-2-3-1, 4-3-2-1,4-4-1-1, broken down they are all 4-5-1 Adam Le Fondre 1525230823
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 21200
Posting Flair : 1110

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:39 am

Red614 wrote:

Kelvin Etuhu would struggle irrespective of the team or formation Adam Le Fondre 635981802
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostArkay Dubya Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:52 am

Slumdog's Son™️ wrote:
Red614 wrote:

Kelvin Etuhu would struggle irrespective of the team or formation Adam Le Fondre 635981802

He'd still score more than Warren Feeney though Adam Le Fondre 635981802
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum