View previous topic View next topic Go down

Caer y Glyn
Caer y Glyn
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1927
Posting Flair : 70

PostCaer y Glyn Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:26 am

To be honest I have been trying to work out when Adkins became a good manager for the past two years as I always thought he was a journeyman at best. Having said that he enjoyed real success with the Sants though last year thatwas mainly down to Rickie Lambert as they were really a one man team.
Most folk thought his firing was bizarre and totally unfair but Pottechino's results have not been half bad and today their performance and result against Man City has been better than anything Nigel was able to produce!
nugent
nugent
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 808
Posting Flair : 130

Postnugent Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:39 am

I can see both sides of the argument, but if i was on the board i would have given adkins a million pound bonus for taking us from league 1 to the big bucks league and asked him to resign rather than make a public sacking out of it.
If i were adkins i would have been tamping at being sacked and kicked chairs and tables over.
Biffa
Biffa
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 496
Posting Flair : 50

PostBiffa Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:48 am

What Southampton did to Adkins was disrespectful but they did what they thought what was best for the future of Southampton and through this they got a result which will go down in history
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:52 am

Yeah, bloody ruined by treble coupon.

Good on Southampton for today's result and I'm sure Adkins won't be out of work for too long.
NN2Red2
NN2Red2
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1617
Posting Flair : 80

PostNN2Red2 Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:35 am

Caer y Glyn wrote:To be honest I have been trying to work out when Adkins became a good manager for the past two years as I always thought he was a journeyman at best. Having said that he enjoyed real success with the Sants though last year thatwas mainly down to Rickie Lambert as they were really a one man team.
Most folk thought his firing was bizarre and totally unfair but Pottechino's results have not been half bad and today their performance and result against Man City has been better than anything Nigel was able to produce!

This is an interesting question; when NA was sacked, I thought that he and Southampton had turned a corner and that the decision to sack him was harsh. Who is to say that NA in charge of the team would not have equaled or bettered Pottechino's results with the points tally not matching performance.

As for Mancini at Manchester City; he deserves the sack more than NA. Last year's title win is starting to have the ring of a lucky break about it.

Weak and not doing as much with the money spent as he should.
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum