View previous topic View next topic Go down

TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:41 am

Unusually, I have had a day in front of the TV and opted to watch Aberdeen v Hibs, early afternoon. Admittedly, the pitch was not much better than the one at Blackpool, but the standard of football was dire. What was even more sad, was that, Gavin Rae, doing his best for the Dons, was a yard off the pace throughout.....

Anyway, I got to wondering how this clash between the fourth and fifth paced teams in the Scottish top division measured up against what we have south of the border. It certainly didn't seem like good Championship standard, but things were put more in context after I watched the Oldham v Liverpool match.

Oldham are languishing towards the bottom of League 1, but individually and as a team, their players were far superior to anything on display in the earlier match.

On that basis, is it fair to state that the overall standard of the best in Scotland (Celtic aside), is League 1 at best?

What hope for their national team? We worry about what we have in Wales, but the fall of Scotland from the days of Baxter, Law & Co, through to Dalgleish & Gemmill, to the present day is immense. I don't think there is any way back for them, regardless how the try to restucture........they just don't have the raw material........ The Sorry State Of Scottish Football! 3392635135
Kamuza
Kamuza
International Call-Up
International Call-Up
User Points : 4084
Posting Flair : 832

PostKamuza Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:50 am

I think they need the ugly sisters in England and then they'll have a more competitive league and they'll find reward in developing local talent. They certainly have football nous as managers.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:59 am

Exactly, Paul Dickov has gone up in my estimation after seeing him as a manager.....
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum