* karlmpayne - BADGE DESIGN POLL *

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

which crest do you prefer

* karlmpayne - BADGE DESIGN POLL * - Page 2 Poll_c103%* karlmpayne - BADGE DESIGN POLL * - Page 2 Poll_c10 3% 
[ 1 ]
* karlmpayne - BADGE DESIGN POLL * - Page 2 Poll_c1070%* karlmpayne - BADGE DESIGN POLL * - Page 2 Poll_c10 70% 
[ 23 ]
* karlmpayne - BADGE DESIGN POLL * - Page 2 Poll_c1027%* karlmpayne - BADGE DESIGN POLL * - Page 2 Poll_c10 27% 
[ 9 ]

Total Votes : 33

Poll closed
karlmpayne
karlmpayne
Squad Player
Squad Player
User Points : 1101
Posting Flair : 50

Postkarlmpayne Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:00 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hi all
My name is Karl, and i created the two emblems that have been floating around on here for just over a week.
The support that i have received from everyone has been amazing and thanks top some of you sending my emblems to Cardif City HQ and my emailing of the emblems to Alan Whiteley, they have asked to see come in on wednesday to discuss the designs in more detail.
I am almost 100% sure that i have missed the boat this time as regards getting it on a city shirt this season, but im hoping to be given the chance to help develop a future emblem.

I want to show Cardiff City the support that the fans have given me by presenting the emblems with a poll on which emblem the fans would be willing to have on a shirt.
This is the first Poll ive ever created and so i hope it works, If it dont then I appologise for wasting peoples time.

Anyways i will add the logos below marked with (A), (B), and (C)

A= Cardiff Citys New Proposed Red Crest

B= My Round Crest

C= My Shield Crest

* karlmpayne - BADGE DESIGN POLL * - Page 2 Badges10

sorry about the link i wasnt sure which was the easiest way to put a pic here

Once Again Thank you all so much for showing such appreciation for my design

Last edited by Rhys on Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:13 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : added the picture! :))

Biguba
Biguba
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 517
Posting Flair : 130

PostBiguba Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:16 pm

B for me too
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:05 pm

Yup, B for me too. I like C but I think like the idea of a new era = new design. The circularity of the second badge works better with the Dragon and if you're gonna get a bit meaningful and stuff about making City a big, successful, money-spinning club then there's this:

Doing the Impossible

Great work by the way and a huge improvement on what we've already got.
Colonel Cardiffi
Colonel Cardiffi
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 10721
Posting Flair : 1193
https://social-media-posting.com

PostColonel Cardiffi Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:23 pm

I voted for C because on B the Bluebird is flying into fire. Come to think of it, flying into fire is a good metaphor so maybe I shouldn't have voted C. I'm sorry, ok? People make mistakes sometimes. It's human to err. FINE, OK, I've said I'm sorry, what more do you want? WHY CANT YOU JUST LEAVE ME BE? SORRY I'M NOT PERFECT FFS
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:28 pm

Colonel Cardiffi wrote:I voted for C because on B the Bluebird is flying into fire. Come to think of it, flying into fire is a good metaphor so maybe I shouldn't have voted C. I'm sorry, ok? People make mistakes sometimes. It's human to err. FINE, OK, I've said I'm sorry, what more do you want? WHY CANT YOU JUST LEAVE ME BE? SORRY I'M NOT PERFECT FFS

* karlmpayne - BADGE DESIGN POLL * - Page 2 2854552383 Colonel...you have not only let yourself down, not only whittingham down, but the you've let this whole board down.. Sad
alipops
Academy Player
User Points : 1
Posting Flair : 0

Postalipops Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:27 am

Karl, how about removing the 'est' on the round badge so that you can tilt the bluebird upwards slightly. This would be visually more positive and lift it above the flames. Otherwise it is excellent.
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostRhys Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:29 am

alipops wrote:Karl, how about removing the 'est' on the round badge so that you can tilt the bluebird upwards slightly. This would be visually more positive and lift it above the flames. Otherwise it is excellent.

alipops - welcome to the forum! * karlmpayne - BADGE DESIGN POLL * - Page 2 1525230823

Last edited by Rhys on Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:48 am; edited 1 time in total
•••••••™
•••••••™
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 6591
Posting Flair : 303

Post•••••••™ Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:43 am

Good stuff Karl * karlmpayne - BADGE DESIGN POLL * - Page 2 1525230823

B for me, if it's all change we may as well go the whole hog.
karlmpayne
karlmpayne
Squad Player
Squad Player

Postkarlmpayne Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:10 am

ill be checking all the comments later and wil look at what can be adjusted on the crests, looks like B is winning on here, the cardiff city forum and facebook.. obviously the more popular so far.
•••••••™
•••••••™
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 6591
Posting Flair : 303

Post•••••••™ Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:12 am

karlmpayne wrote:ill be checking all the comments later and wil look at what can be adjusted on the crests, looks like B is winning on here, the cardiff city forum and facebook.. obviously the more popular so far.

Hint: Stay away from CCMB they will have you crucified lol!
JB
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 8171
Posting Flair : 320

PostJB Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:35 am

Karl, I seriously hope your badge is on our kit next season. It looks classy as a badge should, it incorporates the fusion of the dragon, the bluebird, the red and blue which phase into each other in the circular outer part which is Wales and Malaysia. Its just everything we've been asking for as a compromise. I can understand those die hard blue supporters still not being happy but as a compromise option that is truly the dogs bollocks.

I don't see how the board could overlook such a badge and I think if it were to be used, even if you don't get paid for it (I wouldn't want payment, I'd feel honoured my badge was being used on the kit of the club I love), then you deserve recognition from the club in some way for your commitment to the club's vision of going forward and so on. It would be nice if your badge was chosen if on the opening day of next season you could walk out with the squad as the designer of the new badge just to show that it was a fan who designed it and you get a round of applause and the full works at the stadium etc.

The club definitely need to do something for the fans to show their recognition/thanks for the designs put forward and the winning designs of the badge and kit next season. A plaque somewhere in the stadium would be a great idea.

* karlmpayne - BADGE DESIGN POLL * - Page 2 833362651
Colonel Cardiffi
Colonel Cardiffi
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 10721
Posting Flair : 1193
https://social-media-posting.com

PostColonel Cardiffi Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:07 am

RedIsTheWay wrote:Karl, I seriously hope your badge is on our kit next season. It looks classy as a badge should, it incorporates the fusion of the dragon, the bluebird, the red and blue which phase into each other in the circular outer part which is Wales and Malaysia. Its just everything we've been asking for as a compromise. I can understand those die hard blue supporters still not being happy but as a compromise option that is truly the dogs bollocks.

I don't see how the board could overlook such a badge and I think if it were to be used, even if you don't get paid for it (I wouldn't want payment, I'd feel honoured my badge was being used on the kit of the club I love), then you deserve recognition from the club in some way for your commitment to the club's vision of going forward and so on. It would be nice if your badge was chosen if on the opening day of next season you could walk out with the squad as the designer of the new badge just to show that it was a fan who designed it and you get a round of applause and the full works at the stadium etc.

The club definitely need to do something for the fans to show their recognition/thanks for the designs put forward and the winning designs of the badge and kit next season. A plaque somewhere in the stadium would be a great idea.

He should definitely get paid for his work! Ask for .5% of kit sales.

karlmpayne
karlmpayne
Squad Player
Squad Player

Postkarlmpayne Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:14 am

Colonel Cardiffi wrote:
RedIsTheWay wrote:Karl, I seriously hope your badge is on our kit next season. It looks classy as a badge should, it incorporates the fusion of the dragon, the bluebird, the red and blue which phase into each other in the circular outer part which is Wales and Malaysia. Its just everything we've been asking for as a compromise. I can understand those die hard blue supporters still not being happy but as a compromise option that is truly the dogs bollocks.

He should definitely get paid for his work! Ask for .5% of kit sales.

Thanks Guys , Really apreciate those words!
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostRhys Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:56 am

This is your last night to vote on this as Karl is taking it to the club tomorrow!

Come on lets get a few more votes for him.

Let's be havin you!!
Dr_Socks
Dr_Socks
Team Captain
Team Captain
User Points : 989
Posting Flair : 110

PostDr_Socks Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:55 am

Bump * karlmpayne - BADGE DESIGN POLL * - Page 2 3210875682
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostRhys Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:38 am

To be fair, I don't think a few extra votes are going to make a huge difference to the outcome.

Karl - you have your data, make sure that we get a mention at the meeting! * karlmpayne - BADGE DESIGN POLL * - Page 2 1525230823
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum