Anyone else watched the extended highlights yet?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:37 am

I have to say, we played amazing! Mason could/should have had a hat-trick if it wasn't for their GK. The link up play was excellent too.

Watch it and tell me you aren't impressed!
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:00 pm

New HD Player video won't run, as our broadband is too slow, less that 0.5mbps Anyone else watched the extended highlights yet? 2925389657
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:40 pm

TDA wrote:New HD Player video won't run, as our broadband is too slow, less that 0.5mbps Anyone else watched the extended highlights yet? 2925389657

Wow..that's a big blow. Have you thought about getting mobile broadband? I think 3g is at least 4-5mbps and 4g is 30-50mbps - surely France has unlimited mobile broadband offers? Slightly more expensive but worth it!
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:30 pm

0.5mb/s just sent a shiver down my spine, wouldn't wish that on anyone. I genuinely couldnt live anymore without my 100mb package, but admittedly I am a MASSIVELY nerd. Anyone else watched the extended highlights yet? 692773407
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:48 am

Rhys wrote:
TDA wrote:New HD Player video won't run, as our broadband is too slow, less that 0.5mbps Anyone else watched the extended highlights yet? 2925389657

Wow..that's a big blow. Have you thought about getting mobile broadband? I think 3g is at least  4-5mbps and 4g is 30-50mbps - surely France has unlimited mobile broadband offers? Slightly more expensive but worth it!

Mobile coverage is patchy and, at home, seems to depend on which way the wind is blowing. Despite ultra fast BB in towns, it's still a problem in rural France and I remember discussing this with Arkay a couple of years back when was looking to move out here for a while.

The solution may be satellite broadband and I think we will have to consider this seriously, as the present set up is driving us potty.
Cyncoedslumdog
Cyncoedslumdog
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 14106
Posting Flair : 1465

PostCyncoedslumdog Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:40 am

Rhys wrote:

I have to say, we played amazing! Mason could/should have had a hat-trick if it wasn't for their GK. The link up play was excellent too.

Watch it and tell me you aren't impressed!

Having watched the whole game, impressed is rather overstating things!
Compared to last season there was definitely an improvement but that's hardly surprising.
Slade is still playing a 4-4-2 with Whittingham a virtual passenger for much of the game and Ralls looking decent out wide but should be playing centrally. Up front Revell is a willing trier but I don't think is good enough to play for a side in this division which has any sort of ambition. Mason is an excellent footballer who nevertheless lacks pace which could hamper his progress. The logical thing to do seems to be to bring Kenwyne in instead of Revell but this may tempt our back four, who in the main aren't perceptive passers, to revert to long ball under pressure. Ameobi may be an option to bring in but he doesn't appear to be a front man and he has competition for a wing position from Pilkington, Noone, Ralls (if Slade persists with Whitts which he usually does), and even Matty Kennedy.
We have a largeish squad which I don't think has anybody with any real pace and if things don't change I can see a reasonable season but not much more - hope I'm wrong.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:19 am

It's got to be a 4-3-3 like set up from here on in, everyone is screaming for it. Amoebi can be deployed right behind the striker, with Noone and Pilkington deployed further forward to allow them to utilise their goal threat. Only question from there is who exactly you play as the striker. Personally I'd go Kenwyne, and rotate Ameobi and Mason in the CAM role.

Still can't be convinced 4-4-2 is viable anymore in the modern game unless you have a star studded squad, a la Man City. The game is won or lost in the midfield, and we struggle enough to retain possession without being outnumbered on a regular basis.
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum