View previous topic View next topic Go down

TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:29 pm

Yesterday's team included 3 Slade signings starting with 3 on the bench. Only McAleny was not accounted for....injured maybe?

A shocking first half, but a better performance in the second by all accounts.

Only one Slade player on the pitch at the beginning of the second half and none by the end of 90 minutes. Of the three substitutes used, none were Slade signings.

This further confirms to me that the problem since he took over has not been the squad he inherited, but the inability to use the players we had effectively. How much of Trollope was in yesterday's tactics, I wonder?

Yesterday's team 4228682415
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:47 pm

It strikes me as a man who has just bought what was available and who he knew rather than looking for any greater strategy. His reign reminds me of the last days of Lennie Lawrence and if he starts spouting out "judge me after ten games" then we all know what's coming...
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:40 am

Also is worth mentioning that Peltier is injured, he looks to be a quality signing. Malone was clearly not fully fit either. I would expect both to be back in the squad when they are ready. Also, let's give Revell credit where it is due. What an amazing goal! He could have easily put it wide.

On a related 'general cardiff future prospects' note. For me it's hard to disagree with Terry Phillips, that perhaps things are slowly coming together. Slade has had a lot of the animosity toward's Tan transferred on to him, he's had to shave £12 million off the wage bill and get the team playing again.

For me, things are heading in the right direction - I'm of the view that if Slade is given proper backing over the summer, we could be challenging play offs at least next season.

Slades barmy army! Yesterday's team 833362651
Cyncoedslumdog
Cyncoedslumdog
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 14106
Posting Flair : 1465

PostCyncoedslumdog Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:47 am

Barman! I'll have the same as Rhys is drinking.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:48 am

Cyncoedslumdog wrote:Barman! I'll have the same as Rhys is drinking.

I wouldn't. I think it's meths. (see match day thread)
Cyncoedslumdog
Cyncoedslumdog
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 14106
Posting Flair : 1465

PostCyncoedslumdog Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:42 am

It's really sad TDA to see how previously respectable young men such as Rhys turn into befuddled wrecks under the influence of strong alcohol.
When they start asking for Slade to be given more time, it's obvious they're approaching complete mental breakdown.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:01 am

Cyncoedslumdog wrote:It's really sad TDA to see how previously respectable young men such as Rhys turn into befuddled wrecks under the influence of strong alcohol.
When they start asking for Slade to be given more time, it's obvious they're approaching complete mental breakdown.

Yes, obviously lost all direction and purpose...............a bit like Cardiff City Yesterday's team 2925389657
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum