15 October: Belgium (a) TBA
•••••••™
•••••••™
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 6591
Posting Flair : 303

Post•••••••™ Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:53 am

I can't see us playing at the Millennium Stadium with Coleman in charge unfortunately, I would be very happy to be proved wrong though.
Albany Blue
Albany Blue
Team Captain
Team Captain
User Points : 1075
Posting Flair : 130

PostAlbany Blue Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:02 pm

I was hoping they'd announce our stadium as the new home ground permanently so I didn't have to travel to Swansea Town. Was looking forward to the Croatia game as well.
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:55 pm

•••••••™ wrote:I can't see us playing at the Millennium Stadium with Coleman in charge unfortunately, I would be very happy to be proved wrong though.

This is what I thought when Gary Speed took the reigns if I'm being honest - wasn't sure he was up for the task with his previous managerial experience- how wrong was I!

I wonder if Coleman will leave the captaincy with Ramsey and try and a play a similar system to that which was set up by Speed - surely that was one the FAW's criteria for the post.
G-ster
G-ster
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 5923
Posting Flair : 460

PostG-ster Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:51 pm

Belgium have some decent players at the moment, so that should be a good game if Wales can play a full strength side.
michaelccfc88
michaelccfc88
Squad Player
Squad Player
User Points : 166
Posting Flair : 20

Postmichaelccfc88 Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:39 pm

Roath Redbird wrote:I was hoping they'd announce our stadium as the new home ground permanently so I didn't have to travel to Swansea Town. Was looking forward to the Croatia game as well.

I think it's good to spread the games around though Wales to begin 2014 World Cup campaign at Cardiff City Stadium 833362651

I think England would have been better off doing that than spending all that money on Wembley myself!
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:11 pm

I was hugely disappointed by Speed taking the appointment and then had to eat an enormous amount of humble pie with a large serving of humility custard. I feel the same about Coleman taking charge and would love to eat a second serving.

Belguim have a talented, young squad these days. Wales will do well to take any points off them.
Albany Blue
Albany Blue
Team Captain
Team Captain

PostAlbany Blue Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:10 pm

michaelccfc88 wrote:
Roath Redbird wrote:I was hoping they'd announce our stadium as the new home ground permanently so I didn't have to travel to Swansea Town. Was looking forward to the Croatia game as well.

I think it's good to spread the games around though Wales to begin 2014 World Cup campaign at Cardiff City Stadium 833362651

I think England would have been better off doing that than spending all that money on Wembley myself!

Trying not to be biased. But I have always preferred to play all the home games in the same stadium and I think the CCS is perfect for it. It is in the capital city after all.

I would of been gutted if they didn't build a new Wembley! Football without Wembley is like a cheeseburger without the cheese, just doesn't work.
michaelccfc88
michaelccfc88
Squad Player
Squad Player

Postmichaelccfc88 Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:00 am

Roath Redbird wrote:
michaelccfc88 wrote:

Trying not to be biased. But I have always preferred to play all the home games in the same stadium and I think the CCS is perfect for it. It is in the capital city after all.

I would of been gutted if they didn't build a new Wembley! Football without Wembley is like a cheeseburger without the cheese, just doesn't work.

I wouldn't mind if they were all in CCS since that means it is much easier to go haha.

Oh as much as I love the new Wembley, I think the Millenium Stadium is better! It cost way more than it is worth. Not biased, honest :P
Judge dRed
Judge dRed
International Call-Up
International Call-Up
User Points : 2500
Posting Flair : 186

PostJudge dRed Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:01 am

I've heard a rumour they're going to play in red in support of VT's changes Wales to begin 2014 World Cup campaign at Cardiff City Stadium 1525230823
Albany Blue
Albany Blue
Team Captain
Team Captain

PostAlbany Blue Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:22 am

michaelccfc88 wrote:
Roath Redbird wrote:
michaelccfc88 wrote:

I wouldn't mind if they were all in CCS since that means it is much easier to go haha.

Oh as much as I love the new Wembley, I think the Millenium Stadium is better! It cost way more than it is worth. Not biased, honest :P

My very biased point exactly Wink

Can't beat our trips to Wembley which I can't help but think that they wouldn't of been as special in the Millennium Stadium. Although we do have a good record there. The good thing about the Mill Stad is it's location, especially compared to Wembleys location.
michaelccfc88
michaelccfc88
Squad Player
Squad Player

Postmichaelccfc88 Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:50 am

Roath Redbird wrote:
michaelccfc88 wrote:
Roath Redbird wrote:
michaelccfc88 wrote:

My very biased point exactly Wink

Can't beat our trips to Wembley which I can't help but think that they wouldn't of been as special in the Millennium Stadium. Although we do have a good record there. The good thing about the Mill Stad is it's location, especially compared to Wembleys location.

I agree with all of that! I do think that Mill Stad generates a better atmosphere as well though which Wembley hasn't quite managed yet. It doesn't truly, truly feel special at Wembley like it seemed to at the Millenium or the old Wembley. In my opinion anyway!
Albany Blue
Albany Blue
Team Captain
Team Captain

PostAlbany Blue Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:58 am

If I had been to the old Wembley I would be able to compare but sadly I didn't. I was in the Mill Stad in 2003 though, and at many Wales games and for sure the atmosphere is 100x better than Wembley because strangely I think Wembley is just too big to generate a good atmostphere.
I can understand why you may say that about Wembley, but it felt special to me. Probably because I have been to the Mill Stad so many times, it would take the novelty factor away by playing there again but getting to see my home town club play at Wembley in two major domestic cup finals and a play-off final was just a dream come true, which may not have felt the same to me in the Mill Stad.

Each to their own though really Wales to begin 2014 World Cup campaign at Cardiff City Stadium 1525230823
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:02 am

Roath Redbird wrote:...because strangely I think Wembley is just too big to generate a good atmostphere.

THIS^^^

If you ask me, it's very hard to hear opposing fans properly even when they're making tons of noise. Feels like you're singing into a void. I prefer the Millennium as a result.

Last edited by Arkay v2.0 on Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:07 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : cos I missed out a feckin' word)
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum